SP or regular ol' nightmare?

a couple years ago i stopped taking drugs and had very vivid dreams for weeks. one night i was sleeping on my couch, i awoke at some point to see a dark tornado swirling above me, pinning me to the sofa. i could not move. i was very much awake and aware of it (and i do not lucid dream). then i began to recite, “i rebuke you in the name of jesus christ.” im not christian, but thats how i was raised. i just kept repeating it until i felt myself growing stronger, and gradually i got to my feet, and the cloudy mass dissipated.

after a few moments, i laid back down, and drifted back to sleep. it was terrifying. i slept with a bible on my chest for a few nights after that. was that SP? or just a really bad nightmare? im not prone to either. shrugs :tempted:

Hard to say, could have been either really.

I’d be more inclined to say it was a hallucination. If you say you were definitely awake, I believe you, since it is very difficult to truly believe you’re awake when you’re dreaming (at least in my experience). But sleep paralysis, from what I understand, is when you can’t move. It doesn’t sound like this was the case, so I’d guess it was a hallucination. If you’d just stopped taking drugs this makes sense, as it could have been a withdrawal symptom.

stormthunder … it isn’t very difficult to truly believe you are awake when you are dreaming … just think about all the false awakenings people have had

in his post he said he couldn’t move.
people can eventually break out of SP so it could be SP

but as JaRoD said it is really hard to say if it was a dream or SP

Oops, I missed that. Okay, it could be SP, then. But I still think a hallucination is more likely, considering the tornado.

hrrm, hallucination. hadnt considered that. but indeed very likely.

I agree with Moogle. My Sp 's all seem to be really life like. I think I’m awake, but truly I’m not. Once you become known to dreamsigns, it will actually start to “feel” fake, or dreamlike.