The BIG Reality Check Topic [part III]

That’s the hard part. If I do RC’s IRL I never really question or I am dreaming, becouse I know for sure I am not, otherwise everything wouldn’t be so ‘clear’…

But then if you do it in your dreams you allso don’t think about it enough and you just ignore it <=( \

I guess I have to try harder.

does RC

no dream :o

just took a nap, but i have to improve my DR cause i dont remember anything

I did something realy stupid a couple nights ago,I had a very vivid dream. I was on a train, and looked at a mirror. I decided to do a RC … So I looked at my teeth, they looked perfectly normal, ok this isn´t a dream i said to myself. :eh:

I´ve never done such a RC… but i probaly got it from reading about teeth falling out as a DS.

i think the best method is to pinch your on cheeks. i do this pretty often in my dreams, sometimes i control it cause i notice something is wrong but sometimes i just do it without any reason. Maybe its a dreamsign :open_mouth: or maybe its just cause i do RCs pretty often in RL also :o.
Well, and after i pinched my cheeks and i feel nothing (like my cheek was numb) i am like: “hey I’m dreaming!” and it pretty often leads to LDs then.

Thats pretty short time from making up a RC to trying it out !! :wink:

I set the RC picture in the shop as my background for my PSP. Everytime I go to the menu I remember to RC.

How long does one have to practice RC in RL before one starts doing them in dreams? I have been doing RCs for 3 weeks now about 20-30 times a day, but I still don’t remember to do them in my dreams.

But I do have things with writing pop up in my dreams (I’m using the reading technique as one of my RCs) but I never think to read it twice. It’s as I have these subconsciusly implanted signs in my dreams calling out to me, but I don’t recognize them.

I do RCs as often as I can remember to, especially every time I pass through a door. That works well for me. Sometimes I also like to answer that yes, I am dreaming…and then think of what I would do if I were.

Not to put you off - but I’ve done RC’s quite often over the past 12 months, and have only had three dreams where I actually performed an RC and became lucid.

One reality check that I heard about that I would like to warn everyone about is jumping. The idea is that if you try to jump real high and you jump higher than you normally would in real life then obviously you are dreaming. However, I did this recently and found that gravity was still holding me back. When I jumped, I jumped normal hight. I ended up convincing myself that I was dreaming anyways because I was in a strange house that I’ve never been in before and I tried again and jumped really high. I think its a good idea to have a few reality checks in hand because sometimes they might not work at first. :smile:

Some RCs are unreliable for me, but I’ve come up with a new one to try.

I need to wear glasses to see clearly. But in dreams I don’t seem to ever wear glasses.:cool:

New RC - can I see clearly without glasses? If yes then I’m dreaming :thumbs:

Asclepius, you should mention this RC in the Technodreamer’s RC list. I don’t remember I saw it.

Oh that is a great RC Asclepius, I shall have to try that one!

:wave: Lexa - hope it works for you. I’m practicing it during waking life, looking forward to next opportunity in a dream!

:wave: Basilus, thanks for the tip, I’ve posted it in Technodreamer’s thread as well.

Hi
im just new to LD’s and i had my second ld last night. i had one by chance and started to try and LD more regularly. i have been trying to think of a good reality check for me to use and i came up with the answer. I have a large tattoo on my right arm going from wrist to elbow and when i discovered that texts look different in dreams i thought ‘hey so would tattoos!!’ so i start doing rc’s on my tattoo from yesterday afternoon and would you believe last night i did a rc in my dream using my tattoo and it worked!!! instant lucidity!!! :cool_laugh: sadly i didnt stay lucid for very long but this is a huge step up. Hooray for my idea. so if anyone is having difficulty with a rc, try a tattoo!! :smile:

Hi Sheree! Welcome to the forum! :wave:

That’s a great RC idea you gave here! :smile: I remember some people write a letter in their palm and when they look at it in a dream, it’s different.

I had a ND last night and I started playing with some light switches (making an almost strobe light effect), and the switches worked perfectly fine and I didn’t become Lucid :ack: . Also, I saw my hands too, they were perfectly normal! :angry:
I guess I’ll just have to come up with better RC’s

How many RCs should I do per day ?

As minimum ?

Ysim, did you wonder if you were in a dream or not? If you didn’t, your problem wasn’t due to reality checks quality. It’s more like the “What huge dreamsign have you missed lately?” topic. :smile:

Petter, I think a minimum would be 5.

I had a slight feeling something was off, but never really questioned if it was a dream. I guess that was my problem :content: