What does being 'in love' feel like?

Love is so hard to perfectly describe. Everyone has many different experiences of love. I for one have been in love, it makes me the happiest person in the world yet at the same time it can make you feel so low. Its like a strange gut feeling that just appears. It can confuse you and can cause you to make some wrong choices, but after you have felt love you dont want to forget it as it is such an amazing feeling, no matter how much pain it causes you.

And you do not have to be “In love” to feel love.

"love’ seems so hard to put into words. But when you feel it, everything suddenly makes sense. i wrote a couple poems in my ‘lucidity poem thread’ to make a little more sense outta love :yes: ‘love’ i still feel naive saying that :tongue: .

Love is…
love is wanting to be with someone
thinking about them before you go to sleep
And having them on your mind when you first wake up
Love is
Feeling like you can soar and fly
Just from being around a certain someone
And yet you can’t describe
Why you feel this way…
Love is something that breaks your heart
But then puts it together when a new face makes your dreams take flight
Love is…

[color=darkorchid][b]Didn’t you /make/ this topic? xDD

To me…love just plain hurts.

It feels exactly the same as a crush…but with added hurt. It feels like you’re being squished from the inside…like you’re going to explode…and it makes you feel so miserable it’s unbelievable.

But…I guess that’s just becaause of what happened…because I really didn’t realise I loved him until…well…four years after I started liking him.

So I guess love, really, to me, is just a crush that doesn’t go away for years and years and years…[/b][/color]

well yeah… :tongue: . But I’ve kinda realized what love means to me :grin:

What does love feel like? :confused:

:eh:…Complicated…:neutral:

Love is the greatest feeling in the world, or the worst.
It depends on whether the person (or thing) you love, loves you back.

Its interesting, God’s greatest gift to us, he didn’t actually give to us. Love is one thing that is completely out of his control. Which saddens me if I love someone who doesn’t love me back, because there is nothing anyone, not even God can do about it.

And then I wonder still, why must love come around if its not meant for you. It taunts those who do not receive it.

Yet love prevails it seems. It is almost like an entity on its own, striking whom it wishes. Does Love really come from a good place then? Or is it a nuetral part of the universe.

I can understand Love being completely good and everything it does for us, but I still can’t understand how it can drive people crazy and bring pain and grief, unless it really is nuetral.

I believe in true love, the most powerful kind you can have, the one the never dies, the one that says when you have true love for someone that person must also possess true love for you because the both of you are like matching puzzle pieces. The thing that scares me is what if your true love can be blocked. What if my true love isn’t aware of it yet because they are blinded by another love or lust.

There are more than just me out there who are asking this same question, “Why can’t love just be easy? Why can’t there be a set true love for everyone and we get matched up with our true love right when the time is right so there is no waiting, searching, praying and yerning for it?”

Like I said garebear–complicated…:eh:

Many people when they think of “love” are really wrapped up in how they feel rather than what love is. Love, above all else, it seems to me, is acceptance of another and a greater concern for them than for oneself, at least in the context of the relationship.

Love incorporates many other experiences, feelings and reactions. It requires patience, forgiveness, acceptance, and unconditional concern for the wellbeing of another. That’s hard for most people to maintain in romantic relationships because in most romantic relationships people are more focused upon their own experience than that of the other person. They get caught up in how the experience makes them feel good.

In a committed relationship, real love is what sustains it once the blush of romance is no longer new. And yes, it can keep the romance alive. After all is said and done, it is what allows you to realize that for better or worse, for all the troubles and disagreements, even disappointments, you still can’t imagine not spending the rest of your life with that person.

I guess that doesn’t really define “love”, but it’s the best i can do at the moment.

Eoghan

that is a brilliant post :thumbs: I agree with it

We did a play earlier where the entire begining was narrated by two people describing what it feels like.
I don’t remember them, except the quote that appeared on our shirt, “It’s not always fun to be in love.” and this one, “Crazy: you’re up, you’re down.” The others are like:
Like falling deeper and deeper and not wanting to get out
It was fun.

Asking people to define love is just the same as asking someone the meaning of life (although they can’t say 42 at the expense of a nerdy giggle). Love is strange, because it can be both the extremes - utterly wonderful, and utterly painful. In my experiance, painful, but one should remain optimistic… :sad:

The rush given from love makes me feel like I’m on the top of the world. But the higher you are, the harder you fall.

I tried to disown ‘love’–have no emotion for anyone or anything–but I’m not that kind of person–doesn’t fit me, you know.

I’ll just agree with Domi on this one–‘love’ is complicated… :smile:–in fact, I think I’ll do my own “Magnum Opus” and compose a rap on ‘love’–at some point…:roll:

I have not really ever loved annyone :sad:
So i dont really know wath it feels like but i shure ass hell knows wath not loving anny one feels like.

Me too…:sad:

Watching all those hormone-driven teenagers hug on each other and be all :hugs: “lovey-lovey-kissy-lovey-goo” :hugs: gets kind of annoying after awhile…:roll:

I don’t know, I guess if I find the right person–you know, I might be the same way :tongue:.

To me I’d have to say it’s it’s own feeling but otherwise it feels “warm” and has an amount of (drunken-like) happiness to it.

I’m soooo paranoid when it comes to the dating scene. I can’t seem to trust anybody… I dunno. There are certain ones I’d go with if I knew it wasn’t a joke and they weren’t trying to hurt me… but I’m not sure if they’re interested. =/

Love feels exactly like eating chocolate pudding.

This is why i don’t date girls, and eat chocolate pudding instead.

Because chocolate pudding is always there.
And if its not there, it’s accessible 24 hours from any store.
And pudding is a good listener, and never laughs at what you say.
Pudding never critisizes your thoughts or hopes or dreams.
Pudding also supplies you with various supplements.
Pudding isn’t worried about its appearance, because it knows you will love it anyways.
Pudding doesn’t act insanely and is always and always be, your faithful pudding.
Pudding doesn’t wake you up at 3am because ‘it needs to talk’. It waits until the appropriate time (dessert) to calmly express its feelings, in form of taste.
Pudding ALSO doesnt get jealous if you have other brands of pudding, because it realises that ANY pudding is a GOOD pudding. In fact, it encourages sampling of the many varieties that it’s species has to offer, as it is solely interested in your wellbeing.
Pudding doesn’t cost much.
Pudding is solid, faithful, and will stay by your side for life.
Pudding is HONEST, RELIABLE, CARES LESS ABOUT WHAT OTHERS SAY.
PUDDING GREETS YOU EVERY DAY WITHOUT FAIL AND ALWAYS PUTS YOU IN A CHEERY MOOD.

OH GOD I AM SO ALONE

I posted here not long ago saying that i didnt know wath being in love feel like. Well now i do…

I really think i have fallen in love this time. I fel so utterly confused. I really 100% dont know how she feels for me. Its so hard to tell… And i dont know if i think falling in love is a good thing or a bad thing.

So this is how love feels to me. Really confusing.

While I have my own theory on love–which you may be able to figure out if you read my postings in the “First Kiss”-thread–I still found this an interesting READ

Doesn’t matter how old you are…I know im 15…everyone says you can’t be ‘in love’ at 15 but it’s posible…It’s hard for me though cause i know i can’t have him…I know he can’t be mine…But i know it’s love…It’s been there for a long time…it’s hard to get over…dont know if i can but ( for your question)…I don’t really wanna fall in love again…It scares me :sad: