The BIG WILD topic - Part XIV

Had first intentional WILD a few nights ago and got some qus. Just woke from dream and didnt move, closed eyes and saw images pop up one at a tiem till a whole scene was in front of me and i just entered with no feeling of vibes or SP. Usually when i try before bed or when i wake up 5 hours into sleep i get vibes but never any images. What do i have to do in order to get the images after the vibes.

Also, i have found this the best way to WILD recently for me and i got it from a book. I find this way the easiest way to stay conscios enough to LD but weak enough to keep me up. You place your hands on your stomach and feel your stomach push your hands up and back down. You concentrate on how your hands feel as they move up and down. When i do this I stay very little conscious as opposed to counting which keeps me up. The great thing is when you do lose consciousness, the movment of my hands always reminds me to be conscious again allowing second and third chances to remain awake.

Hiya. I’m a first-timer and I had a rather odd experience last night.

I tried to WILD given the “1 - I’m dreaming, 2 - I’m dreaming” technique. I don’t know that this was the best idea seeing as I’ve never tried to induce a lucid dream before and i’ve only ever experienced it once or twice naturally, but hey. :razz:

Anywho, I got to about 100 or 125 and I noticed that my body had not become so much numb, but it just felt different. Like my skin was bloated or something, but also I felt warm and cold at the same time. This was probably one of the most odd sensations I’ve experienced. Has anyone else experienced this when going WILD?

I got to 175 and lost count, and for the first time in ages I actually remembered parts of the dream I had when I woke up (I’m one of the people that normally “doesn’t have dreams”) so even though I wasn’t lucid I’m still quite happy with the result.

Hope to get to know you all. :razz:

umm… oops. Double post.

could a mod delete this, please?

i had another WILD a couple of hours ago. I think it’s about my 5th or 6th. Although a strange thing occurred which has caused me to question the validity of my dream as a WILD. Basically, i was trying to have a WILD, but the moment i lost the awareness of trying to have the WILD(by boredom, perhaps?), i started slipping into the WILD. I got lucid after being in the WILD for a few seconds, but it definitely started out as a normal dream.

I was using the visualisation technique. i.e. creating your dream environment and stepping into it.

When i was in the dream, i was walking along a street with this punk kid from my old school, who i haven’t seen in about 4 years. I hated him at the time, but in the dream he was my freind… Anyway, i was in the dream, but at the same time, the moment i became lucid i said to myself, “hmmm, this doesn’t feel like a dream. It still feels like i’m visualising all this in my head”. So i ran up to a lamp-post and hugged it. This confirmed my dream state. I can still remember what it felt like to hug a lamp-post (something i don’t think i’ve ever done), and it was that familiar “not quite real” sensation that i’ve experienced in dreams before. It’s as though the touch sensation itself was a memory, and it happened only because i expected it to.

I don’t think i was particularly lucid during this dream compared to other lucid dreams i’ve had. While i knew i was dreaming, i still followed that punk kid around, and i still talked to him as if it was a normal conversation. Also, the fact that i had to hug the lamp-post to guage whether or not it was a dream suggests poor lucidity.

WILDing is fun.

shortly after that dream, i had a normal dream, and then an (almost)astral projection. This is kinda off-topic, but when i did the astral projection, the technique was scarily similar to WILDing. Infact, it was exactly the same, only i had to remain aware that what i was visualising wasn’t real. Eventually i felt very strong vibrations, and the visualisations were no longer neccessary. I managed to get my astral torso to roll over, but then i heard this deafening scream, and saw the image of some girl who looked like ann franke, so i snapped back to reality.

I tried WILD last night and something really weird happened.

I got to the part where I could see HI and I was watching them repeating “I’m dreaming, I’m dreaming”, then all of a sudden something “shifted” and I felt my body go heavy (kind of numb-ish, I don’t really know how to explain it) and I couldn’t breath. I couldn’t breath out of my nose, and I couldn’t breath out of my mouth. So I got up and drank some water and it went away.

Has this happened to anybody else?

It happened to me once, but tha was not quiet the same thing. I woke up from a lucid dream, i did an RC to check i was really awake, but i couldn’t breathe through my nose closed and i choke for a few seconds… :bored:

No it wasn’t like that. I wasn’t really doing any RC’s or anything. I just couldn’t breath at all, until I ran downstairs and got some water.

But maybe it has something to do with the fact that I was sleeping on my back, which I very rarely do? I have no idea what it was.

Has anyone else found counting backwards better than counting forwards?

Hi, I’m pretty new here, but I think I am pretty close to a lucid dream via WILD.
Okay, this is my techniuqe. I lie down on my back with my hands on my abdommen feeling my breaths go in and out, (pot breathing). After a few minutes I begin to hear a sort of buzz kind of like a “eueueeueeeue”. After that I start to feel my right hand become parlysed. Pretty soon the other hand is parlysed as well as my arms and one of my legs. It takes about 15 minutes for all this to happen, but after that, nothing. I can lay there for an hour and still nothing else seems to happen. I’ve only got HI twice and those were when I was’nt trying to WILD. Also on occasion I get this spinning feeling but it dos’nt last long. When I do eventually get up I can barely feel any of my limbs.

I should also note that usually I listen to soft music while doing this.

I guess my questions are
1.Do I absolutley HAVE to have HI to do WILD or do some people not have any visuals at all.

2.Also, most importantly, what should I do one I get to the point were I don’t know what to do?

Thanks for reading because I know its pretty long and hard to follow :content: also thanks in advance for any feedback.

Well, I’ve had 1 LD with absolutely NO previous imagery, I just popped in. Most of them, however, were DILD or had HI preceding.

Maybe you should try it without the music, and try to fall asleep more. I find that when I attempt to WILD, I am super awake.

Something else to keep in mind is that perhaps you should just try another technique… I got about as far as you with WILDing and could never do it, so I try MILD and eventually had a bunch of LDs. Good luck.

Music can often be distracting; it has never worked for me so try without the music.

I have a question to add:

i was extremely close to WILD’ing today…problem was as soon as i felt my body begin to sorta project towards the dream as my body fell asleep, which took along time to get to, some part of my body would involentarily jerk and i would wake up instantly. it happened like 4 times. sometimes the jerks even got pretty intense…how can i either avoid this or ignore it completely?>? frusterating…thanks

Thanks for the replies everyone, I’ve also been trying MILD for about a week and its wielding some pretty good results.

Hello! I just found this website via a friend, and after reading through it decided to try a WILD last night. For background information, I’ve had some LD’s in the past without really knowing what they were, so I know it’s possible for me.

To the point, though, last night I layed down and got comfortable (or so I thought), and tried just keeping conscious as I fell asleep. The way I did this is that my ears ring, and I just tried to focus on it. Now, it started to work very quickly, and I was actually rather shocked. After the noise got louder and louder I felt myself go sort of numb, the normal feelings in my body were mostly going away. I could hear my breathing loudly, and it was shaky because I could tell what was happening and I was a mix of scared/excited. I was like that for a while, somewhat just exploring that state. I could tell that I could move my body anytime I wanted, and it was kind of like there was a fuzzy line around my arms and legs as far as feeling them goes, if that makes sense. At that point I started trying to go into LD again, having calmed my breath down and starting to relax a little more. I started counting from 1, hoping to be asleep at 10. No such luck, of course. ^^ My thoughts started getting really, really disjointed, and I was trying to envision being somewhere I used to go when young with marginal success. I was talking to myself in my head a little also, but the main thing I remember is hearing voices, lots of different ones, and random sounds. There were some real sounds also, which really kinda shocked me when I heard them, jolting almost. That definitely didn’t help. Anyway! I heard the voices and kept counting, and sort of stopped around 73 or so. My arm had started to hurt a bit, i was sleeping on my side, so I wanted to try to stop that so I rolled onto my back. Well… that sort of killed it. I was very slightly ‘trance like’ i guess i’d call it, still, but after that I just fell asleep normally, and I can’t even remember if I dreamed or not (or what it was if I did). Another thing, also. Earlier on I felt like I was spinning, before I was fully in that ‘trance like’ state. It was a bit strange, like the spinning was coming from in front of my eyes, or was in my eyes, and it wasn’t just me spinning together, it was like a separate spinning for both eyes. Another thing that happened later on, which is probably the closest I came, is that I felt pressure on my head. I started trying to concentrated on it, and it sort of slowly moved down my forehead and face, and I tried to make it stronger… but that failed eventually.

On a side note… I had a very hard time keeping my eyes closed, it was like they naturally wanted to open up. I was somewhat afraid to open them, thinking it would end it right there. I actually did it once and it set me back a ways… Is there a way to have to keep from consciously holding your eyes closed? This stops me from falling asleep normally, too ^^ I was sort of thinking/wondering that if I just let them open i’d ‘wake up’ in LD. Anyone know what the chances of that are?

Are there any suggestions for what I can try to do to become successful? Did I do anything right, did I do anything wrong? :slight_smile: Please, all input is appreciated. I guess this might not be the right place to post since I’m being so descrptive, but I’m mostly looking for advice on how to actually acchive LD. Also… sorry for being so long winded!

Well i dont know much since ive only had one succesfull WILD attempt but from what ive heard you have to avoid focusing on physical sensations as much as possible and concentrate on your thoughts, you could try repeating yourself that you are dreaming whenever you are in that state, i also find it comfortable to lay on my back while im WILDing and to listen to some relaxing music 4 a while, it helps me get where you currently are and then i let my thoughts wander till i see HI or something.

For WILD, no.
You don’t need HI to WILD. As long as you can achieve sp, or a deeply relaxed state, you can ld. As for what you should do. Maybe you are thinking too much and that’s halting the process. It took me forever to learn just how much I can think without staying too awake, but also at the same time not falling asleep. My guess is you get to where nothing happens, and then because nothing happens, even though you don’t mean to, you think about what to do next.

How do I think?

I think just as if I was dreaming. When I imagine something in my head, I immerse myself, but not by going into extreme detail. I do quite the opposite. I do everything on impulse. I’ll be some where and I’ll want to go elsewhere. I don’t think about the trip there, I just am there. No inbetween. If I want to do something, I don’t think about getting prepared to do it, I just do it.

Hope this helps. :confused:

I had an almost sucessful WILD this morning by doing this:

I let my thoughts wander, until I thought of the ants in my classroom the other day. Then I tried to imagine an interesting scene with ants. For some reasons I came up with a brightly colored kitchen table with ants crawling onto a peice of cake. This scene came out of my SC. Then, I tried to imagine what the side of the cake would look like. When I did this, I actually saw a weak image of the side of the cake, and got a jolt in my stomach. This jolt pulled me out of the HI, though.

The trick is to while regaining conciousness, let your SC dictate your thoughts. It just takes practice.

I actually have 1 more question.

If you don’t use hynognic imagery for WILD then you won’t see anything right? So if you don’t see anything how do you enter the dream? Do you just get up out of bed when you think you’re asleep and actually in reality you’re getting up out of a DREAM bed in a DREAM room?

Thanks

Generally speaking, most of the WILD’ers who don’t have HI use to spin around their axis when they have another kind of hypnagogic hallucinations. Then they find themselves in a LD.

Hey I found this WILD webpage. This guy talks about a song induced WILD. I had never heard of that before, sounds interesting…

Does anybody have a song I could use that I could, (cough), download from the net??

aramisw.com/luciddreaming.asp

Reyth