A diary to be used by all... The Nightmare Diary

Well, I haven’t had a nightmare in years! I actually wish I could have one sometime soon. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not crazy, just a little bored by my normal dreams :tongue:

The most recent nightmare I had for 4-5 years ago. It was all dark, ran along a path in a scary forest. It was a swamp both to the left and the right. I was running without shoes. Zombies was following me. I did something I do alot with dreams containing water: I jumper out! It was hard to swim. My arms were all sticky and it was hard to move.
It was a small island in front of me, I eventually climbed on it…Just find out that there’s zombies everywhere!
I got so scared that I fell into the swamp again, where the zombies had gone after me. They dragged me down and ate me alive.

Not so very pleasant for me :neutral:

I had this nightmare about 5 years ago… I was in a old house with a spiral staircase, everything in the house was painted in black, and the pitcures on the wall were spining around slowly. I walked outside into the woods, and there was a old lady hanging in a tree, she kept saying some word over, and over… It was her last word, I remmber her eyes were black. This dream scared me so bad I didnt sleep the rest of the night, it was probley my scariest to date.

My boyfriend, T, was having such a bad nightmare the other night that it woke me up out of my own dream. He was making jibberish “speaking in tongues” noises and sounded petrified. I couldn’t let him suffer like that so I woke him up and asked what he was dreaming about and he said he was glad I woke him because in his dream he was possessed by a ghost and the ghost made him kill me by strangling me three times. (We have a great relationship if anyone’s wondering and he watched one of those Scream movies before bed.)

Then he asked me what the noises he made in his sleep sounded like and I tried to imitate the garbled speech as best I could and he said, “Yeah, that was it, that was the voice of the devil.” Nice huh? I’ve never been freaked out by someone else’s bad dream before but I guess there’s a first time for everything!

I had a nightmare just recently where I was being attacked by Sirius Black and his two vicious little demon dogs (well actually only one of them was little): an ebil (yes with a ‘b’) Pomeranian and a Rottweiler (or was it a Doberman :uh: ). Either way, he wasn’t letting me get past him and my friend ran away and left me :grrr:…I woke up eventually.

I had some weird dream, that I’m not sure if I can call it a nightmare. It did have the feeling of impeding danger…

I was with my mother in some room with wooden walls, like if it was some of those old country-side houses, except the walls weren’t painted. It was filled with stuff I don’t remember well, but I believe there were some toys and other trinkets. On the wall in front of us there was a door and a window, but instead of having a sky or anything else outside, there was plain darkness. Nothingness would be a way to explain it. So my DC mother explained there was this bad guy who wanted to kill us/send us to Hell or something like that, and we had to protect ourselves. So a weird, kinda round window wooden arch appeared in the nothingness and started growing. Meanwhile my mother was telling me we had to use some machine that was in the room to clone some Star Wars toys to protect us. She said we wouldn’t manage to get full speed, but since it’d manage to get it to spin at one million (I don’t remember if it was kilometers per hour, or meters or miles or whatever). After that, I looked at the window again and could see the floating window-thingie slowly transform into Rodin’s Gates of Hell***. Now I sort of knew that the bad guy wanted to open the doors and suck us in, and we’d have to manage to do it before he could kill us. Then mom was like “Don’t worry, I’ll help you.” At that exact moment she wakes me up IRL…

*** https://rodin-web.org/a_pix/Major_Coll/Phil_GatesOfHell.jpg

I had a really scary nightmare almost a month ago. You all know that the devil can show up from your imagination in many forms whell in the very begining of my dream all i could see was fire evrywhere and before i could react i herd the devils laught. At that moment i felt like my sole was being pored over with ice cubes .

I woke up feling draind and my hands were shaking. Ihad cold sweat on my forehead and my heart was beating really fast.

I had to babysit for Cruella de Ville :scared:

I have two nightmares that I can remember. They’re not so scary now, but I was shaking like hell when I woke up from them.

The first one is a reccuring dream. I am in my house. It is dark because none of the light switches work, they only produce dim, creepy light. Everything, the walls, the ceiling, the floor, the whole world seems to be shaded dark purple. I realize that this statue that always scared me when I was a little kid has come alive and is running through the house. I am on the second floor, and I try to run away, but it feels like I’m running through jelly. I’m not paralysed, and my feet arent stuck to the ground, but I can only move in slow motion. I try to run down the stairs, and as I leave the first step I realize I am not running down them but I am running straight forward in midair, as if there is an invisible piece of floor going out from the top step. Then I wake up.

The other one happened only once. I was with a bunch of characters from a cartoon show I used to watch. It was cool, but I couldn’t shake a feeling that there was something wrong. I am running down a hill of dirt, the sky is dark and there is a huge billboard in front of me. It has an ad on it, nothing weird about that. But when I get closer, the picture on it changes. It changes to a picture of a tree, but the tree has something carved in the side. I look. The carved image is the most terrifying face that I have ever seen in my life. I scream. Then I wake up. Throughout the rest of the day, that face was stuck in my head, haunting me. I can’t remember what it looks like now, or why it scared me so much, but it scared me.

There was another time a couple days ago. I didn’t have a nightmare, in fact I can’t even remember my dream that night. But when I woke up, I had a phrase stuck in my head. I couldn’t stop thinking of the lyrics to the Pink Floyd song “One Of These Days.” That may not sound freaky to you, but the lyrics to the song happen to be one sentence “one of these days I’m gonna cut you into little pieces.” I hadn’t listened to the song recently, but I like to put the radio on a classic rock station when I go to sleep so maybe the song played while I was sleeping and got stuck in my subconcious. Either way, it was weird.

I can’t imagine having anything like sureal’s nightmare though.

Other “weird-dream-that’s-not-quite-a-nightmare” I once had involved me being in a weird hallway that seemed suspiciously like a place I knew from school. I was a long long hallway with checkered floor, and the walls in the dream were white and pretty much like jkman’s, everything was dark-blue/purple-ish colored, as if there was a dark blue light on everything. (The white walls seemed blue-ish because of the weird light). There were no windows, but the light was all over, like some sort of weird night-vision thing.

On the walls of the long hallway (I couldn’t see it’s end) were some weird sliding doors. I kept walking through the hallway, and finally came across a pair of open doors (one on each side of the hallway) (Still couldn’t see the end). I couldn’t/didn’t see what was outside, but it was odd as some weird distorced musical instrument things entered floating slowly and wiggling, crossing from a door to the other. (Looked like some sax sort of stuff, a big violin/guitar thing, pretty much like a surreal painting). The things floated across the hallway in front of me, and in the end nothing was scary at all, but it felt weeeeeeeeeeeird when I woke up.

This is like 6 to 10 years I didnt have nightmare.

And im happy of that… i dont really like be awake in pain and all sweaty.

Been quite a while for me too. I’ve only had weird dreams for a long time. For some reason, even with the feeling of impeding death/suffering/doom/etc, I never got really scared. It was sort of like playing a game or watching a movie.

woah, i got goosebumps now… :eek:

well, here is my worst nightmare…

i almost get some sort of tears in my eyes when i recall it, i dreamt this dream couple years ago but still it is as clear as RL itself…

it was war, me and my brother was child soldiers, we start in the training room, the army leader was writing tactics at the billboard… it was all unreal but real in the same time…

we hear screams and bombs everywhere… when the man is done he tell us to get some sleep before we march to war, it was approximately 50 children in the small “classroom” with us… we all slept very close on the floor in sleeping bags…

after sleeping for couple of hours we wake up with screams and terror… we run outside where a guard toss weapons to us… the children… as soon as we run out there are men everywhere, shooting, killing, dieing… me and my brother try to stick together as much as we can… but suddenly when i look at my side he isnt there anymore, i look everywhere for him…

atlast i found him behind a rock, i saw him, lying on the ground… all the sounds became faint… screams and shots in the background, the sky is all red… its night and dark, but at the same time everything is red, skies are filled with bloodlike colors, red shadows…

and there on the ground my brother lies breething heavily, i walk over to him in despair, he is shot multiple times, he is in shock and cant talk… i cry at his side over him… and he looks at me, with wild scared eyes, he cant manage to say a word, then suddenly…

he stops moving, his eyes stare blankly at me, my eyes are now full with tears as i turn towards the blood red heaven and scream loud… then i wake up…

still stirs me alot to think about it…

Whoa…Sureal…you have…well, surreal dreams. :happy:

I had a pretty scary nightmare the other night, I had a FA, and I was late for work. I get up to fix my lunch for work, when I look in the refridgerator I saw these purple buritos, I grabed them, and ran out the door. I was going to a airport to pick up my car. On my way to the airport I was trying to decide rather I wanted to fly, or drive. When I finaly arrived I was still undecided. I got on a I walk into a small triangaled room, and there were two elevator doors. One elevator went to the plane, and the other one, went to the car. I still couldnt decide. So both of the doors closed, and the room I was in started going up to the celling. I realized I was actualy in the elevator shaft, and it kept getting closer to the celing. I banged on the elevator door screaming…“Stop the elevator, Im going to be crushed” but no one stoped, I woke up right before I was crushed. I think the dream has to do with some anxiety.

This is one I have a lot.
It usually is spawned by a failed reality check. When the reality check says, “This is reality”, I say to myself, “I can’t believe it! I just saw a humongous dreamsign, no it has to be a dream!” At this point, I find myself lying down, sensing something wrong, as this pulsing starts. I try to get control, but nothing happens, I then get scared into a FA, or a real awakening.

Normally I don’t have nightmares, but today I had one. In fact it was a lucid nightmare.

I was lying in my bed and realised I was dreaming. The sun was shining bright and I was lying on the bed and just looking at my room, amazed by how real everything looked. But then I lost lucidity and the dream adjusted itself to reality (In rl I closed the blinds before going to sleep) and the whole house got dark.
Something was after me. At first I screamed as loud as I could but nothing happened. Then I think I got lucid again because I tried to jump through my wall or my window to end the nightmare. It didn’t work, I jumped against the wall and it hurt pretty bad (I guess it’s my own fault because I was expecting that I couldn’t escape that easy), I even thought about writing that down when I would wake up.
My last chance was waking myself up, I had to try it a few times and when I woke up I was in SP for a few seconds.

This one was very scary for me. I absolutely hate normal screamers, but this one was too much…

ARGH! SCREAMER!

I was sitting at my computer with my cousin, and we were both happy about what was on the computer. :ding: Then a countdown started, a 5 second countdown. I knew what would happen, so i went semi-lucid and covered my eyes. However, when the countdown was complete i forgot to cover my ears, and all i heard was a piercing scream. I looked up and saw a mutilated face on the screen, which was the face of my cousin. I woke up absolutely terrified.

Heres a nightmare I had that was terryfing on the moment but funny at awaken.

Nightmare - A strange camping - Apr 8, 2006

We were in a big camper that we have. You know camper thhat you go with to camping. Anyway I was
in a strange parking and we were parked there. My mother and father were sitting outdoor and there
was some other old friend of my parents (JandJo,De…) . I look at them and I find one women very
attractive but I dont mind.

Im in the camper a litterally playing PSP into it. This moment last very long . I play a lot and don’y
yhink about my surrounding. Dont rememevbr however what I was playing.

Suddenly the door from the driver chair open. I look at it and its a man with two other people that need
to take the CB (you know the object that big truck have to communicat eon the road with each other)
to talk to someone. I dont mind and they say nothing at all . I just was thinking that if he just have to
take the CB theres nothing dangerous.

False thinking of mine ! Suddenly the camper begin to move really fast. My mother jump into the
camper for whatever reason (maybe save me) and my father is still at the camping. We jump into the
command and wheel but nothing work. Brakes and wheel dont work.

We are checking our surrounding and its was exactly like the man from before haved put a micro virus
into the camper that can control it. I was terrifying. The surrounding landscape is very like european
country. Theres big narrow that turn everywhere road , theres tree everywhere and look like a lots of
camping site. Theres the ocean at some point that are right beside us so its very dangerous.

Suddenly we pass by a strange camping and I know its the camping site of the enemy that put a virus
into the camper. I remember that there always a Baseball bat into the camper so if thing get rough on
vacation we could use it. So I take it and say to myself that I will fight the one that did this to us.

Suddenly we go straight into the river . We couldnt do anything. . The road is straight ahead and go into
the river for a big altitude distance. So in moment of danger I open the side door to jump into the river
if we hit it. So I dont jump while we are in the air.

I wait till the water flood and I swim throughout out of it. It was very hard to swim to the surface. It
took me 3 to 4 time to pass through the door. The camper was very moving.

After that I awake glad that I did not die.