On the Road to 2012

dreamofpeace.net/journey/

Greetings.

Glad you enjoyed the read dreammusic. It was nice to think that people were engaged by the ideas presented in this article.

I would enjoy hearing others experience of synchronicity in waking life, because I like seeing how people act upon the things that life throws up at them. Many of my favourite experiences of syncronicity seem to happen when i’m on the train, etc. It’s almost like the events that take place, and people that appear, actually present answers to thoughts/questions that may have had during the day.

Having followed the Dreamspell for a few years now, I have ntoiced how i always seem to hook up with people at just the right time. Those chance meetings on the street with an old friend seem to happen so much more often.

Sureal Yes. I agree it will be interesting to see what happens in 2012. My personal take, is that it’s not so much something that’s going to be instantaneous, but rather the year’s around will be surrounded by a heightened acceleration of our collective spiritual evolution. I’m not sure if I have the wording right, but I believe the solstice sun is in alignment with the galactic center during the years 1980-2016. In a sense, this means that right now we have a great opportunities to that connect to that source, and stream of galactic energies, and an opportunity to set something beautiful in motion, for the beginning of the new cycle…

Nick

well, that was certainly an interesting read…

I never knew that there were plans to change the calendar :eek:

I’m going to look into the mayan calendar more (starting with the threads on this forum :content: ) and see what i think after that.

I agree with it being a more rational calendar…

…so much more colourful too :tongue:

That was a great read, I’m yet to get my calendar for the new year as well. You can be it will be a mayan one, now as I do with most things spread the info to all friends and accquaintances.

I’m in australia myself, will check out these planet art meetings if possible

hey plehrar.

Here’s the website for PAN Australia.

timeisart.net/

Our big event coming up is called AlterNation. Biospheric Congress. My experiences with the Planet Art Network, have been very rewarding. I’ve hooked up with people of so many diverse interests - and learnt so much.

Here’s a diary that syncs up the Dreamspell with the Gregorian New Year (jan 1st)
mayatzolkin.com/

There are also others that begin on July 26 (the true 13 moon new year)

Nick

Hey Explore, was just wondering since you are from Melbourne and all if you have anything to do with the website 2012.com.au. If you haven’t yet been there it has some interesting ideals along with some crazy alien cult stuff but mainly the information that is there is a really awesome perspective on a lot of things.

nacur.

Nice to meet another australian dreamer. It is good to feel the network growing here!

I have come across the 2012.com.au website a few times before. It’s an intriguing site. I am a bit skeptic of some of the info, but I guess the site does have an interesting array of links - and some eye-opening perspectives to share.

Hope to see you around here more often…

NIck

I hadn’t read the entire message that was posted there, but from the lookes of it it seemed like a very insightful read. Perhaps I will bookmark this page and read it at a more convenient time.

As for so many ancient cycles pointing at that same date, that is astonishing. There could be several things that the year 2012 could possibly represent…positive or negative.

Explorer, Like wise to meet another dreamer also, this lucid dreaming is a new experience for me but I like the positive vibes so far.
Yeah, I agree about 2012, there is a lot of information there that is an interesting outlet. There is a very alien cultish tone that fabricates and uses alot of facts for a different purpose.

Nathan

Oh well, if the Skies turn Red, we’ll still have one year to get the hell out of Dodge. :smile:

There’s always something funny with apocalyptic and catastrophic dates it’s that they’re placed not too close in time so as to not be treated as a fool when the date pass and nothing happens and not too far so people get interested in it in the contrary with some real threats like climate change which will concern only our grandchildren, at least according to the mass point of view.

Now with the calendar change, why not live without any calendar. I know it wouldn’t help for accountability but if “We will become the dolphins of the atmosphere” (8D so funny), I assume we won’t care a shit (<- automatic censorship, i love PC) about economy and just live happily in total “synchronicity” :content: . Moreover there can be problems with too much synchronicity, as there is with too much of anything.
And maybe not everybody want to live like an ant.
Saying “time is art” seem as false as “time is money” the other way around, why not let time be time:
an ungraspable concept which keeps a bit of mystery instead of categorizing everything in cycles and coincidences.

And as for making the world heaven or hell, I believe it comes from lot of little acts rather than from a big magic miracle summoned by changing my calendar (lmao as I’m writing, sorry if it seems disrespectful). It’s not even romantic, it’s like saving the world by changing my toilet paper, but at least I would save some trees in this proccess :tongue: .

I really hope Im still into LDing when 2012 gets here. I have a feeling something will take place in dreams that night, that is if I can even sleep. I dont know what it will be, maybie just a big shared dream, or maybie our spirit guids will give us a message.

I would like to know if there is a link betwen lucid dreaming and 13-moon calendar. Is there any way to use lucid dreaming to help the human species about that 2012 prophecy??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I think that nothing will happen come 2012. All throughout time people made assumptions that the world will end. Everyone thought the apocolypse would happen in the year 1000 AD. And then everyone was worried about Y2K killing us all. Also, If the calender is a year off and it the real date is 2005 right now, then the date to worry about would be 2013.

Also, who says that we didn’t make any other error in the calender along the way. Maybe over the centuries the calender was off by even 25 years; the real date could actually be like 1985. I’m no expert at this though. Besides it just means that the mayan calender is ending, Not the world is ending. Which ancient culture are we supposed to believe anyway. Egyptian, Sumarian, Chinese.

Its just my opinion. I’m a skeptic, and I’ll sleep fine on December 20, 2012.

Death isn’t always the end. 2012 may come within prophecy as recurring events. In a lot of my dreams, I see 6 years from now a comet heading towards Earth. I believe represents something significant.

2012 should be something to look forward to. Look for signs in the world. Look for signs in your dreams upcoming these years. I cannot say more.

Well, it’s either you’ve got a big mistake, or I didn’t properly understand what you were trying to say there.

According to the Judaic calendar, we’re now at the year of 5767.
According to the Georgian calendar, now it’s the year of 2006.
Which means that the Jewish started counting at the year of 3761 B.C. related to the Georgians.

That’s more then 3100. In my opinion, it’s too much deviate to be called just “inaccurate”.

Greetings Alchemist.

Yes there are calendrical cycles which stretch back far before 3100 BC.

The text there is a speech presented by Jose Arguelles - so I can’t be certain of every point, however, I was under the impression that by “history” he is not so much talking about the point, at when different calendar cycles began, as the point at which civilization began to develop…

Inevitably - a hard thing to define. I guess it depends on what you call “Civilisation”.

I wonder - how would you define the beginnings of civilisation? What kind of things would you look for?

Nick

Actually, my definition of “civilization” stretches even further back in history.
I define the point of time in which the humans had forsaken the subsistence method of the “hunter-gatherer” and the colonial (or, in other words, agricultural) contact was made.
Or simply - the point where humans started living in big communities, devoting to the values of communal wealth and growth, settling in one place.
That means - the Neolithic period. And that means - about 12,000 years ago.
Anyhow, the way in which we all live at present stretches way back then 3000 years or so, from any perspective that you might have.

Anyhow, there’s a lot in common between what you said about the Maya and what I know (which is, in fact, a lot,), about the Hebrew culture.
The Old Testament has a wide base of symbolism related to the number 13, and it is repeated constantly throughout the old testament.
Moreover, according to certain flows in Judaism, the messiah is soon to arrive, bringing the apocalypse and the resurrection after a great war.
And that is supposed to happed somewhere about the time that you’ve mentioned.

Scary shit, eh?

Hey there TheAlchemist!

Yes. I resonate with that definition on some level, as well.

I was intrigued that Jose chose to refer to Uruk, as the starting point of civilisation, and have gained some insight as to why. You might wanna read this article, from the BBC, about the world’s “oldest known civilisation”:

bbc.co.uk/history/recent/ira … s_03.shtml

Would you agree that Civilisation might also be more closely linked to the development of higher density living, we are accustomed to today? There’s something else there though too I feel - an attempt to solidify earthly manifestations of a culture’s way of life, and to help it continue down from generation to generation.

Nick

I wouldn’t be as concerned about 2012 as I would be about 2008 which is going to be a rough time for the earth according to the, calendar which maps the evolution of consciousness not the end of the world. but in order for higher levels of awareness to be reached old ways must be tossed aside, not everyone is going to want this to happen and so great suffering will likely ensue. just remember that the same amount of evolution that occured in 1.6 billion years now occurs in 360 days
1999 was the start of the galactic cycle of consciousness, october 2011 starts the universal cycle of consciousness and the same amount of evolution occurs in 20 days.

flow with change without being attached to anything or you will be ripped apart.