Length!

They also claimed to have like 300 LDs a month.

lol big fraud then:P

Well first of all, i don’t think you can have an LD that last hours since a REm phase never last so long… :neutral:

And I think that false memories can make people believe they have dreams that seems to last days or more, when they do not…

I don’t think dreams particularly have time. It’s the concept of time that we have that we attach to such dreams. It appears you can consciously change this factor within dreams, just like anything else.

I would find it hard to believe that an entire years worth of detail could be recalled in an hour. I can’t remember what I ate last week.

But I read somewhere that you can have two REM phase that link togheter without you knowing that.

I merged this with ‘Length!’ since the topics were similar. =] :wolb: </mod edit>

I have heard lately that you can stop time in your dreams in order to have dreams lasting for hours or even days.

Is it possible? Do you have experiences with them? Can you give good advice?

I want to try it.

Yeah it’s very possible. heh, I just wrote something like this in a thread about WILD, but I’ll repeat myself. You have to basically will it to happen, and believe in it. How can you do that? Well, simple…use visual techniques. An example would be, creating a pill, and telling yourself, that when you take that pill, all time will stop/slow down, OR you could just simply say when you swallow that pill, your dream will be a week long. If you believe in that pill, and if you expect that to happen, it will. It’s as simple as that.

If visual techniques don’t work out for you…then you could just shout as loud as you can, directing it to your sub c, that you want to have a week long dream. Either way works perfect if you do it correctly :smile:

I was just thinking about this. It would be so refreshing to have an hour long lucid dream, atleast that seemed like an hour while being dreamt.

Would you just say, “STOP TIME” or what?
What if that just made everyone around you freeze in place?

What are some other verbal commands we could try?

It would really be beneficial to understand how to control your mind/brain to the extent that you could litterally think so fast, while in a lucid dream, that it seems time from the external world stopped. IF this could be accomplished, then we could virtually remain in our own world as long as we wanted, depending on how fast we sped up our thinking fast enough.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

it would almost like living forever you could have your dream extend and not stop then finally end it and youd wake up and an hour of real time had past! that would be awesome! :tongue:

Yeah! It would be like immortality. :smile: That’s why it’s so important we learn how to do it. It would just be one more plus to lucid dreaming.

You use whatever commands that help you know what you are trying to accomplish. Whatever stopping time means to you, is what will happen. I could think stopping time would mean I get ice cream instantly. Think of the saying as a function. It isn’t about what it is called…it’s about what it does :smile:

In a lucid dream…anything is possible.

I heard the Lucid Institute tested a man to see how long he could make his dreams last. He woke up and accounted every detail of a dream estimated at forty years. He was only asleep for eight hours. The article was not well written-- so the whole thing wasn’t very clear to me-- I tried explaining the best I could.

I agree with that, false memory might make you think that. However my false memory usually is only of one simple thing that ties onto what is going on. (For example, in the dream my parents are angry. They say I didn’t wash the dog even though in the dream I was never told to–I just know I was supposed to.)

I agree with the false memory thing, even if you could stop time or make your LD mentally drag on for a week, the maximum amount of time that could possibly pass depends on how long you sleep for. Personally the longest LD I have ever had seemed to last for only a couple minutes but it still took up the bulk of my time asleep (probably 7-8 hours).

Consider this, how do you know time is passing right now? You know because of the various stimuli acting on the receptive parts of the brain (seeing the time, hunger, growing thirst, exhaustion, daylight and nighttime, ect.). Your brain does not know how long you have slept exactly when you wake up, if you didn’t open your eyes and see the time or feel anything or see daylight (or the lack of), how could you tell if you slept for 5 hours or 5 days? you probably can’t, because without the senses you don’t have any refrence to draw your conclusion from.

FOOTNOTES Basically what I’m saying is that since your brain has deactivated your senses and logic in your sleep, it is unable to comprehend the amount of time that has passed and takes it’s only indication of time from everchanging sensations in a LD, thus it cannot be trusted. False perception of time.

lol sorry for the length, I’m kinda sick and have nothing better to do at 8pm. :confused:

one time i had an ld that, while i was sleeping, seemed like days, but when i woke up it felt like it was about 20 minutes. does anyone know why :eek:[/code](this is my bro who is now is mech117.)It’s sorta like movies where you see someone in bed and then it turns to the clock and its 8 hrs. later and you just believe it, es mismo.

i think people who say its bullshit are jeleous. just because you dont have the ability. it is possible.

i have a very good friend IRL who is a crazy lucid dreamer. we talk all the time about our dreams. she talks about dreams that have lasted for full months inside her head.

im sure that all of you have hit the snooze button on your alarm and had a dream that seemed like it lasted a few hours but you were woken up by your alarm 10 minutes later. it might not happen all the time, but it does happen.

if you can harness that ability inside a lucid dream you can stay in the dream for weeks/months/years depending on your control.

just because you cant do it doesnt mean it isnt possible for some people :smile:

this is quoted from here. brain.web-us.com/lucid/luciddrea … d%20Dreams?

that faq is where i first heard about lucid dreaming. it is quite a good read if you havnt seen it before.

There is zero evidence that support the theory about lucid dreams being in non realtime. The research that has been done in this area shows so far that lucid dreams take place in realtime.

There is a huge difference between lucid dreams and normal dreams. In normal dream you are not conscious and you dont really question that the scene suddently changed to a later timeframe, so this give you the illusion of the dream lasting longer than it actually did. You can probably jump scenes in lucid dreams as well, but it sure wont feel like the dream lasted for the period in between these scenes if you have a high level LD.

Why should you blindly trust wild claims made by a couple of persons on this forum?? I wont mention any names here now, but these same persons who claim this happen to be friends in real life and had all sorts of other wild claims as well and seem like one of those people who come here just to brag about their so called unique abilities.

And now you quote something even less plausible… There have been loads of scientific sutides on OOBE, and pretty much all of them shows that the experience is nothing more than a dream or hallucination.

the tests to gain the evidence does not test the possiblitiy that dreams may take place out of real time. of course dreams would take place in real time when both the dreamer and the observer have planned exactly what they are going to do, eye movements and that type of thing. why wouldnt something like that be in real time?

if it happens in normal dreams (and it does not happen how you explained it all the time), then it can definatly happen in lucid dreams.

i am not using any such claims to backup my argument. i have not even heard any. i trust my real life dream buddy with my life and i know she would not lie about some stupid thing to try and “impress” me, something that people over the internet might do.

and by the way robert monroe is written many books on the subject of lucid dreaming. it is quite plausible he is telling the truth. however i do not believe or disbelieve his claim, it is a bit far fetched.

why would you refuse to believe it? if somebody can have exact premonitions of the future, and in real lifen they occur EXACTLY AS they predicted in a dream, why would you refuse to believe that in dream conciousness time can be slowed down ? IMO if you have enough control you can do whatever you want in dreams. there is no limit except your imagination, and YOUR imagination obviously will hold you back if you dont believe such things. im sure if you conciously tried to do it the next few times you became lucid, not just extending the time your in the dream but actually conciously trying to slow down time instead of just thinking it cant happen(if you think that then it definatly wont happen for you) then maybe you might be supprised with something.

i would expect normal people that arnt dreamers who dont remember any of their dreams and therfore say “i dont dream” to say such things are silly and bullshit. i would never thought id hear a dreamer say that. you should all know how powerful dreams are.

I send you a test to find at least a scientific proof about OBE. THERE IS no scientific proof of OBE at all in the whole world. Nobody know what is really a OBE. Where in hell did you think about that scientific have proven OBE, this thing will never be proven.

You will never find scientific proof about OBE and if you do, im sure they are false.

Nobody is right here…because nobody has proof. Nobody can know what our minds are capable of, at least not yet. People can believe what they want, because in the end, that’s all that exists.