Problems

Hey, I’m new,
Everytime I’m about to LD I realize I’m dreaming, it starts, and then less than a second later I wake up. I don’t think this is because of excitment. Any insight?

well since you realize that you are in a dream, try to do something impossible. I have heard that spinning or rubbing your hands together to create friction helps keep the LD going. worth a shot…

The thing is, I don’t realize that I’m dreaming, and right when I do, I wake up.

This is pretty common. It’s due to excitement I think, and the best thing to do is stay calm, do a few RCs, and if that doesn’t work, try repeating to yourself something along the lines of, “I will not wake up when I realize I am dreaming.” over and over. Also, the rubbing your hands together thing works, as does spinning around, but you might not have time.

That might just work…

Hi dreamwalker496,

How many times (or for how long) did this problem happen to you?

Too many, I don’t keep count. Maybe 7 or 8 times, thats all I’ve tried.

Beginners LD’s are often very short. There can be two possibilities:

1. Excitement, but you say it’s not your case.
  2. Reaching lucidity just at the moment you’re waking up. It means that your induction technique is not powerful enough to reach your mind when it’s fully asleep. Practice autosuggestion harder. You can also try to find your hands in your dreams as a stabilizing technique.

Good luck! :smile:

What’s autosuggestion? And I can’t find my hands because I wake up instantly, but I would like to say I’ve remembered my first dream in 2 weeks today.

Errr… What induction technique are you using? :eh:

It’s when you repeat to yourself “I will have a lucid dream tonight,” or whatever you want to do.

That’s autosuggestion. :smile:

I use a combination of the WILD and MILD techniques, I just didn’t know repeating something to myself was autosuggestion.

I’m still looking for more insight on this topic, just made this post so the topic would jump to the top and maybe people will read it. Just want to see some more views on it.

its not that would be MILD but auto suggestion is more like telling yourself your going to have a lucid dream once before you go to bed and beliveing it and then falling asleeep normally while remembering your commands to your subconcious. hope that clarifys :content:

next time you realize your dreaming dont do anything, just keep going with the flow of the dream for a while and countinue doing whatever you were doing in the dream, then start saying to yourself “i am dreaming, im not going to wake up until my alarm rings”, then in a while start doing whatever you want, this should let you slide smoothly from normal dream to lucid dream and may stop you from waking up, im not sure though because ive never had a problem with waking up instantly and this is just an idea off the top of my head.
there are also methods like rubbing you hands together and spinning and those are supposed to help as well.

The thing is, I don’t have a chance to do anything. I wake up instantly.