EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 131
The Spirit of Giving XIV

(Check Daily) Chilla's new techniques, tips and thoughts!!

Author  Message 
Redifin
One Strange Dreamer
Dream Deity
LD count: 33

PostPosted: Tue 03 Jan, 2006  Reply with quote

Well I guess I can't post that link of the woman, just go to PPsociety.com, and then go to "Media" there's a black and white movie. It'll amaze you.

Current LD goal(s): I want to get better DR and have LDs again..it's been so long!
MedO
Somniologist
Somniologist

girby wrote:
Coulda been faked easily. meh

Where did I say it was real? I only said it was made with my webcam. It was also made with the Gimp.

I had nothing to do that evening, and just wondered how hard it would be to fake the image you wanted Redifin to post. So I tried it out. I'd have said this right from the beginning, but I was curious what the reactions would be, and if it would be spotted as obvious fake.

It took me less than one hour to do this, and I don't have much experience in image editing. Now just imagine what a professional could come up with on a day off. Images and videos can't be trusted IMO.

You can see the two "Making of"-Pictures here:

people.freenet.de/chaossoft/mo1.jpg
people.freenet.de/chaossoft/mo2.jpg

Psycomega

Is there anywhere else i could learn about the ability to TK?
Other than LDing,i think it would be a great thing for me to learn.
As i want to experience thing's most don't,and get the most out of them and myself,which would mainly be:

The ability to go lucid in my dreams,at will.(i mean,why waste that part of your life doing nothing?!)

The ability to use TK.(who wouldn't want to do things with your mind?)

And also the fact that i'm going to be financially intelligent/independent.
Or to people who don't understand that,i'm thinking like a rich person,meaning since i'm taking advantage of it right now and actually doing it,i'm going to be rich.(Although,it's not about the money,it's the situation.)

And what i've realised is that i now have three thing's that i'm going to do.
Although i have to do reality checks,meditate,and change the way i see thing's mentally,that will not stop me!(Infact,i'm sure that it's for the better! ^^ )

Animahngo
Flying Rock!
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Sat 07 Jan, 2006  Reply with quote

Ah HA! I know why my dream drecalll has gone from pretty excellent to virtually non-existant. You see, it's because of my stuffy nose. When I go to sleep, I'm fine, no stuffy nose, because over the course of the day, the 'uprightness' up my body clears my nose. At night, however, my nose becomes stuffy again, so when I wake up in the middle of the night like I always do, I don't stay still and go over my dream. Instead I instantaneously pop up and sniff! *SNNNNNIIIIIIFFFFFF* then fumble with the pillows to get into a comfortable position on back (which is the only position I can sleep in with a really stuffy nose). Last night is the first night that I've actually noticed myself doing this, instead of trying to remember my dreams.

But, even while going to bed real late and the whole stuffy nose business, I remember rememberinga fragment of my dream last night, so I know I want to remember my dreams. Maybe if I take some medicine before going to bed, but then they'll be the conflict Recall VS medicine. Eh, if the medicine saps my recall, then at least I won't have a stuffy nose.

ERG, this is the only reason I love the summertime.

Anyway, I guess my recall isn't totally sapped, at the moment. This morning I woke up with one of those God-damnit-I-remember-my-dream-it's-on-the-tip-of-my- tongue dreams.

I WANT TO REMEMBER MY DREAMS!GAHHH

girby
Girbs
Somniologist

PostPosted: Mon 09 Jan, 2006  Reply with quote

I have many of the damn on-the-tip-of-my-tongue dreams. ARGH !!! I know the feeling dude. meh

Animahngo
Flying Rock!
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan, 2006  Reply with quote

Lol.

Hey, Girbs, you're experienced with WILDing. WHen you go to bed, do you usually have to wait a few minutes before seeing very decisive patterns or contrasting colors in the HI?

P>S> YAY! DREAMS! Two last night, I guess that makes u for the one I lost this morning. I couldn't remember the dream I was involved in last night, I was too busy falling out of bed and wacking my face on a chair.

P>S> OUCH!

Animahngo
Flying Rock!
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Mon 16 Jan, 2006  Reply with quote

2 Tips:

1. WILD after about six hours of sleep and a one hour WBTB. I go to be at ten, wake up at three, and go back to bed at four.

2. Sleep in the most cmfrtable position. Whenever I try to WILD while on my back, I fail miserably. But when on my stomach....

SUCCESS!

girby
Girbs
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sat 21 Jan, 2006  Reply with quote

Chilla.... I don't see HI or anything anymore. I just goto sleep, and sometime later I "wake up" with full sleep paralysis and from there if I feel like it, I just enter the dream. If I don't feel like it i roll over and go back to sleep. meh

Animahngo
Flying Rock!
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Sat 21 Jan, 2006  Reply with quote

Hehe, Girbs.

TIP/Something to Try Out (I guess):

First, I go to bed pretty early; nine thirty. I doon't try to do anything, just say that I will remember a dream when I wake, and set my alarm clock. Okay, yeah, so I set my alarm clock for three (Usually I wake up on my own at four, but A. If I do a one our WBTB to make it five, it'll take me atleast half an hour to actually get to sleep again, and then I'll only be lucid for half an hour before my dad wakes me up, and B, I believe I'm a bit more concordant with the process of getting out of bed in the middle of the night when my alarm clock is going 'BLAP BLAP BLAP' every half a second.) When I wake up at three I write down my dream or dreams and screw around on LD4ALL for a while. Then at three thirty or four, I go back to bed.

Okay, next I lay down, like I said, in the most comfortable position (for me, on my stomch or side.) And, I don't do either of these, but my brother says they might help a begginer out....

TIP: Sleep with the lights on out a bright nightlight next to your bed, because it's easier to see the swirling images and thing when you first go to bed.

Tip 2: Try sleeping upright, like in a recliner, because it's easier to look around at the different images without accidentally cracking your eyes open.

(I haven't tried either seriously, though I know the first might work. Anyway, someone try them out, and tell me how it goes)

Now here's something I do.

Tip: When you first close your eyes, if there are no distinct images, try to look up with just your eyes. Keep your eyes shut. And if you get the fluttering eyelids thing, that's okay.

Okay, I've forgot why I even started typing this, so I'll end off with....

Try to find an image in you HI the always appears. If you have something to be looking for, then your less likely to trail off in thought w hile looks at the HI.

Animahngo
Flying Rock!
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Wed 01 Feb, 2006  Reply with quote

Ah. Yay, dream recall is back.

I got sick again and lost it, but now it's back and it's pretty bad ***.
I remembered just about every detail of an approximately one hour long dream. It had a lot of laptops in it.

Anyway, I find that it's easiest for me to LD when I wake and stay awake for an hour after about four-six hour of sleep, then go to sleep again. (Note, I WILD, so I don't know if it applies to all you MILDers...)

Animahngo
Flying Rock!
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Sat 04 Mar, 2006  Reply with quote

Well, cats, it's been a while I'd say. With school and all that I find myself exhausted throughout the day if I try and wake up in the middle of the night to write my dreams down. So, instead, I'm going to write down my dreams only on the weekends. I figure something is better than nothing, even if that something is very small. So here it goes. It's the first dream I've actually tried to remember for a few weeks, so it's not much, but I plan to be back in 'mind shape' in no time at all.

Okay, what I remember basically is that I'm watching TV, sitting on the couch. My dad is sitting on the table in front on me and to my left, and an old friend who is no longer a friend (realized she was a stuck up ***) is to my right. So we are watching TV, and my dad and I seem to trade off the clicker a few times during the dream, but I don't know when. But I do know that first we are watching the science channel and there is something about rockets on, or atleast a commercial for a rocket show was on. But, I've seen rockets before, so I change it to the movies channels. Monty Python is on! Anyway, in this Monty Python movie the whole gang is going through the forest in these slow moving 'Monty Mobiles' which I can explain to you only as parade floats made to like like the sculpted part of a Viking ship, but more rounded off and covered in dark fur to fit the dark misty setting. Wormseye view. Anyway, next thing I know,they are at woodstock, and there are three people on the stage, the only one of which I can remember is WOODSTOCK. The woodstock that's always with Snoopy (I love Snoopy. The three most powerful beings on this planet are as listed, from strongest to weakest: Chuck Norris. Snoopy. Bob Barker (only when he has that wierd, really skinny microfone (black magic wand))). ANd Woodstock is all Monty Pythonized, with the signature Monty animation style. He is also very big. He's basically Snoopy size. All three are sitting on high stools. Hmm, what else. Okay, and lastly, I remember Woodstock leans close into the TV screen and says something un Woodstock like. It was either 'Shut up' or 'Smoke up'. Anyway, next we turn the channel and....SEE A PREVIEW FOR NEON GENESIS EVANGELION! And the prieview is basically Misato going through with Shinji how NERV realized the hard way that the PLug suite and the life reserves DO fail out after a certain time, and it shows how a pilot like Shinji died because NERV didn't actually know much about the suite and the plug initially. Then I turn to Emily and say, 'You know, in this series' movie,almost everyone in the movie dies at least once.' Then she says, 'Really, how do you know that?' And then I reply, 'Are you kidding, I've been f%$#ing obsessing over this series for months, I know what happens in the fricken movie.' Then my dad turns the channel and I'm like 'SHIT!' But then I see the old guy from Everybody Loves Raymond, Ray's dad, dancing around in a baby blue golf shirt with messy cuffs, a bright safety orange bathing suite and tons of cash in his belt, and figure this is way more interesting than rewatching NGE. And it turns out the Frank, that's his name I think, his doing something with his bills or taxes that is illegal that his wife can't see and doesn't know about because she's apparently blind. And there is a giant bed in the backround and a bunch of forms on the table and a bunch of money on the table. Oh, and Frank in smoking a Cigar while dancing, too. Also, somewhere in between all that has just happened, I drop something (not the remote) and have to grab at Emily's crotch to get it (which I don't mind at all draait

Part two which I just now remembered than came before part one. This one I will make brief. I'll just say Grandma's house, party, boring, upstairs, video games in bathroom, Zack in bathroom playing video games, no one knows about Zacks video games, I 'have to go to the bathroom', I play video games, Zack and I short out the entire house.
Meaghan's house, messy, cable or satellite, some more stuff.

And lastly, the third part, which actually was dreamed before the previous two parts. Al I remember of this dream is that I'm sitting at school, eating lunch and talking to Pat like always (seating placement reversed) when this girl comes by and stop to talk to me. I have no idea what she says, what I say, but then she walks away and her purse gets stuck on the table somehow and rips open. All her stuff which icludes abou a thousand thousand blue yellow beads goes flying everywhere, She looksa at Pat and me like it's our jobe to pick everything up for her rather than help her pick the stuff her. Anyway, while I pick everything up I look up at her. She's wearing these sort of snow pants and boots, only the snowypants are really tight, and she hes on a not so loose, not so tight, let's say, aptly fitting darker than lime green long sleeve shirt on. Anyway, I start thinking, then I ask her her name. She immediately goes on this hyper speed rant about the origin of here last name, but I stop her and tell her I mean her first name, because I know her in real life, but I have no idea what her name is. Anyway, she looks down at me and smiles saying her name is Jessica. I don't know if it actually is, but for whatever reason, I seem to think, in real life, that her name is Jessica, even though I'm sure I've never heard anyone utter her name before ever. For the record, her hyper rant didn't tell me her last name, and I don't know that in real life either. But if it's any consolation to her if she for some reason is reading this, I'll say that she did look very cute in that outfit (which is why I noted what the outfit was).

Okay, maybe I lied. I can still fill a page. BUT I assure you that all I remembered when I came to write this was the first part. The second part came while remember that NGE has a video game, then I remembered the second dream, and I remembered the third while remembering an actually event during the shcool day wherein this girl, we'll call her Jessica, runs up and sits at Pat and me's table, and starts talking to us all hyper and happy like, then 'skips' away. Then I say to Pat, "Hey, Pat. Question for you...Yeah...Who the *** was that?"
And Pat's like "I..Don't...Know...I was going to ask you that."

Don't you hate that? When someone knows your name and is real friendly with you, but you have no idea who /they/ are. I guess I should get the super awkwardness over with, tap her on shoulder, and say 'By the way...who are you?' Anyway, I'm ranting, so I'll leave. ADIOS!

jagsaw
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

check this out, cool technique by a cool dude
PostPosted: Sun 13 May, 2007  Reply with quote

I thought I'd revive a topic, because there's some stuff in this particular one that may contain the way to LDs for many people. There was this one guy who liked to experiment with techniques and LDing. His name was Animahngo...

http://www.ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=209785#20 9785

sounds interesting... I will be practising this for the next couple of weeks, I'm good at daydreaming.

Drtbikeridr
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Animahngo wrote:
Lucid Dreaming Technique:

CDILD - The How-To Guide.

CDILD is derived from a form of meditation (also thought up by me, as far as I know), but when used this way, can induce lucid dreams in one of two ways.

Step one: Preparation.
As with any LDing technique, proper preparation is in order. Make sure to be properly nourished (stomach grumbling can impede progress), but not to be stuffed full (a few hours after dinner should do). Make sure to go to the bathroom beforehand and to have showered or at least washed your face and hands thoroughly. Now we're ready, on to step two.

Step Two: Position.
Since you're planning to fall asleep, obviously you're going to be lying down in a comfortable position. There are three positions that work best ordered from best to worst (in my opinion) below.

1. Back - Lay on your back with your hands folded comfortably over the crotch, place on the thighs, or out by your sides (fully extended arms, either tucked close or spread away will do), as long as your deep stomach breathing doesn't move them. Your head should be facing straight up and just slightly elevated, and your legs can be extended straight out, side by side, or crossed over one another.

2. Side - If you're going to position yourself on your side, then it should be on your left side (left brain = logical brain, and lucidity requires quite a bit of logical thinking). Anyway, I don't have too many preplanned positions, so all I'm going to say is try to keep your body symmetrical.

3. Stomach - On your stomach, again, have the left side of your face down. Aside from that, keep your arms extended (either tucked close or spread away will do), Or overlap them under your head.

Step Three: Relaxation: Slowing the Breathe
To start off you want to do like you would at the beginning of a meditation, by slowing your breath over about five inhale/exhale combinations, deepening the breath over five more, and increasing the pause between the inhales and the exhales over five more. Make the pause as long or short as you like, but remember two things: 1. The longer the better, but 2. You are human so don't make it, like, ten seconds. YOU NEED TO BREATH STILL. Har har. Anyway, yeah, a pause of three second seems to be a good time. (Don't worry. Over the course of the rest of the steps, you'll lose track of your breathing, and that's OK).

Step Four: Relaxation: 'Detensifying' Yourself.
Once you've relaxed your breathing, you'll want to relax your body, which is really very quick and easy. Over the next ten or so breaths (don't actually count. Ten breaths is just an estimate of how long it would probably take someone new to relaxing this way to complete this step) go through every major part of your body starting with the feet and do the following. You'll want to inhale, pause, then, with the following exhale and pause, relax both your feet completely, and try to feel them getting heavier and sinking into the bed, completely loose and relaxed. Inhale, pause, then, with the exhale and pause feel your feet getting even more relaxed and sinking into the bed even deeper. Do this as many more times as you need until your feet couldn't possibly be any more relaxed (two or three times should do) then move onto your claves, and thighs, and hands, and forearms, and upper arms, then shoulders, then lower torso, then upper torso, then neck, and then face and head (focusing particularly on spots that arm tense or have been aching).
Eventually you'll reach the point I'm at or even further, and be able to completely relax your entire body and slow and deepen the breath and elongate the pause between the breaths, all in one or two breaths.

Step Five: How to ACTUALLY perform CDILD
Actually performing CDILD is the easy part, and, depending on how imaginative you are, itís a very fun part. This is where the actual Conscious Daydreaming happens. Once youíre in a completely relaxed state, you simply start thinking up your own little story. Donít think out the setting and things, just try to visualize the story. Visualize every little action, trying to make it like your own little movie. If youíd like an example, just PM me and Iíll type up my DD, otherwise, I honestly donít want to, .

Step Six: Falling Ď/Awake/í
From here on, the method work just like WILDing in that your furious thinking about your daydream should keep your mind awake through the process of you body falling asleep. (Takes practice. Much practice.)

OR.

Step Six: Falling Asleep
Chances are, until your thoughts on your daydream become more focused, youíll just fall asleep, however, there is one more chance to become lucid it you do happen to fall asleep, and thatís by recognizing some parts of your dream - dream signs. After thinking so deeply on your DD, there is no doubt that there wonít at least be some hint of the DD in your actual dream. That said your entire dream may be your entire daydream, and hopefully you can recognize, since you consciously thought the DD up, and not your subconscious, that this is part of your DD, and that you can control it. This method may only induce Partially Lucid dreams, in that you may not know youíre actually dreaming, or where your body is, but complete conscious control isnít a bad consolation prize if you donít fall asleep conscious.

P.S. Very similar to VILD, but with a more complex story line, and no RCs. Actually, you might want to throw a few creative RC things into the story, just for the hell of it.

VILD/WILD variation, I'd say.

i think you just explained to me why i have such vivid dreams. When i go to sleep i think of my life in a couple of years, and imagine what i am going to be like, or i think of what i want to be, and act it all out in my mind. It's basically day dreaming into a dream...

jagsaw
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

throw in a couple of reality checks into your daydream-future and you could have some LDs on your hands! (maybe)

S0lll0s
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: Had F!rst LD

PostPosted: Mon 18 Apr, 2011  Reply with quote

Hi folks,
I haven't read all the conversation you had, but I wanted to try
PWILDing. BUT I don't know any poem good enough, so thought of
Something else:
How about repeating Song Lyrics?
If you listen too music only a little, you easily gain the lyrics or google
Them. I think of Linkon Park's "Wretches and Kings" cause strangely I can
Remember the speech at the beginning pretty well.
I'll give it a try tomorrow but I'm new to LD- and WILDing so
It would be nice if you could give me tips to check what I am doing right/wrong.

In the moment I don't see any HI, just the iDisk stuff After closing
My eyes. I am also using "inverses blinking" but I recognized that after a while the
Effect goes away and I have to do it again.

Pls help, S0lll0s

Current LD goal(s): Get control, learn WILD

print