What does being 'in love' feel like?

Love feels exactly like eating chocolate pudding.

This is why i don’t date girls, and eat chocolate pudding instead.

Because chocolate pudding is always there.
And if its not there, it’s accessible 24 hours from any store.
And pudding is a good listener, and never laughs at what you say.
Pudding never critisizes your thoughts or hopes or dreams.
Pudding also supplies you with various supplements.
Pudding isn’t worried about its appearance, because it knows you will love it anyways.
Pudding doesn’t act insanely and is always and always be, your faithful pudding.
Pudding doesn’t wake you up at 3am because ‘it needs to talk’. It waits until the appropriate time (dessert) to calmly express its feelings, in form of taste.
Pudding ALSO doesnt get jealous if you have other brands of pudding, because it realises that ANY pudding is a GOOD pudding. In fact, it encourages sampling of the many varieties that it’s species has to offer, as it is solely interested in your wellbeing.
Pudding doesn’t cost much.
Pudding is solid, faithful, and will stay by your side for life.
Pudding is HONEST, RELIABLE, CARES LESS ABOUT WHAT OTHERS SAY.
PUDDING GREETS YOU EVERY DAY WITHOUT FAIL AND ALWAYS PUTS YOU IN A CHEERY MOOD.

OH GOD I AM SO ALONE

I posted here not long ago saying that i didnt know wath being in love feel like. Well now i do…

I really think i have fallen in love this time. I fel so utterly confused. I really 100% dont know how she feels for me. Its so hard to tell… And i dont know if i think falling in love is a good thing or a bad thing.

So this is how love feels to me. Really confusing.

While I have my own theory on love–which you may be able to figure out if you read my postings in the “First Kiss”-thread–I still found this an interesting READ

Doesn’t matter how old you are…I know im 15…everyone says you can’t be ‘in love’ at 15 but it’s posible…It’s hard for me though cause i know i can’t have him…I know he can’t be mine…But i know it’s love…It’s been there for a long time…it’s hard to get over…dont know if i can but ( for your question)…I don’t really wanna fall in love again…It scares me :sad:

/me hugs Sarah :hugs:

I feel in love as 15 too , and couldnt get her :confused:

LD4all helped me a lot

I am 16 now , its not the age that matters , I got over it
:hugs:

I agree with that idea, because even if somebody has a slight crush, it is still love to some extent.

Meh…yeah, maybe–but there’s a noticeable distinction between “true love” and a “slight crush”…

Didn’t anyone find n00dle’s comparison of girls to pudding utterly hilarious? I thought it was just classic. But also very sad. You’ll find someone one day, n00dle. Just keep up the wit and you’ll have 'em lining up at your door. :wink:

I said to some extent!
That doesn’t mean its the same thing!
/me hits Huey over the head with a mandolin

I don’t think to any extent. It’s related, but totally different.

I don’t think I’ve ever truely been in love. Just little flings :sad:
BTW I glanced through an article in a medical journal the other day and according to recent studys the chemicals that cause long-term relationships and the ones that cause love @ first sight are quite different. So a word to the wise, according to science, falling love at first sight does not mean that 364 days later you will still find them appealing/attractive. It could just be a confusing cocktail of brain chemicals just “tricking” you into feeling like you’re in love. (or something along those lines)…interesting read.

I was in love once, and it is a totally different ballgame. I still sort of am, but it’s a quiet, sedate love that will never be answered again.

:lol: I said, …“yeah…” BB :wink: I agree with you :smile:

Allright all…I just looked at this thread, and I actually do believe, that as naive as it may sound, I might have been in love. Why not?

I suppose that I really just lost contact with this person…because I never spoke up and told him how I felt. And I admit, some of the feelings that I had towards him have subsided. I guess maybe you have to be ‘out of love’ to figure out what being ‘in love’ feels like (does that make any sense?) Just to observe things from a distance and really get a grip on what you had…you can’t possibly do that when you are in love and so confused. I think you have lose something to really realize what you had, and losing contact with this person made me realize how much I missed him…
Anyway, I remember what that was like. I started to get this huge crush on him, and I was completely scatterbrained. I wrote dozens of poems about him…countless diary entries…and I kept on losing things because I couldn’t concentrate very well. But I liked it…and why I liked being in that position I’m still not sure.
Just…I’d never felt this way about anyone in my life before. I saw him as perfect, although like all of us, he had imperfections, because well, he was human :tongue: I was so afraid to tell him how I felt because I thought that it could ruin my chance of getting to know him better. I thought he was so beautiful…and even I can’t really describe what it was I felt and understand it. I think love is confusing like that. I just know how I felt when it was there, and how I felt without it…

Sounds like more of a crush, but that’s only to my standards. (I have very high standards. ^^)

I’ve never been in love, haven’t even had a crush in a looooong time. :sigh: Every now and then I get into a sort of ‘love sick’ mood, however. I suppose that’s a dog-situation-overdose. :content: Had it the other day, in fact, though I don’t think I mentioned it to anyone. :shy:

Someday, eh? :aww:

[color=indigo]I don’t believe love is a feeling, it’s an interest in the happiness and well-being of others with no regard to one’s self. This is the most basic, general principle of love. There is no denying any part of it. What really confuses people is love for a life partner, or more specifically love in relationship to sex.

Like Freud always said, the thing flooding our subconcious most of the time is sex, the great obscuring factor to love… it’s very hard to tell sometimes if it’s love or lust you feel. Those who think they are in love because they’re overcome with emotion, blinded by love, et cetera, I do not believe are really in love. Love is not the overwhelming feeling that movies dress it up to be. In fact, one who really understands love has probably never had a clearer, more focused mind. You can’t ignore lust, though. It’s an important, basic, human drive that we all have to fulfill. It is the yin to love’s yang. Sex is the fulfillment of our primal desire for self-preservation and reproduction, whereas love is the fulfillment of our woes and insecurities developed by our intelligent, human minds, giving us a purpose. Part of finding a life partner is the promise of love, understanding and, yes, sex. But if love is simple, and sex is, of course, simple, what is it about the combination that makes it so hard to find happiness? The problem is that all too often, people desire one and not the other (most commonly sex and not love), and it’s hard to find someone to trust… like the yin yang, one without the other can swiftly result in ruin.

The way to really find the right person with whom to share love and sex is to understand what abstinence is all about, why marriage is supposed to be the most sacred of unions. People ask where the lines are between sex and marriage, but they should be one and the same. If you practice abstinence, you’re saying “I’ve denied myself the greatest possible physical pleasure I can experience with another human being until I can find someone who I love more than anyone else, someone who I trust loves me too, someone who will support me as I support them, the two of us together forever. In choosing you as my partner in sex, the ultimate high I’ve reserved for someone I want to spend the rest of my life with, I’m saying that I’m yours forever if you will also be mine.” There couldn’t be a more loving message. If you can say this about a person, doesn’t that mean you could marry them, too? That’s what abstinence is all about.

With a vow like this, it’s important to choose your romantic pursuits carefully. Don’t take the plunge until you know the person very well. You need to be sure that there isn’t something you didn’t know that you just couldn’t level with; y’know, be understanding and accepting of their flaws, but maybe he or she was a racist nazi underneath that outward charm. Even if you think you understand them perfectly, engage them further and find out more! You may find you love them even more, or that there was something that just wouldn’t make it work. You also need to know that they’ll love you back… marriage isn’t just being with the person you love, it’s being with someone you love who loves you just the same, something that’ll last you your whole life. Open your mind to them, because you don’t want them finding out they couldn’t handle too late. Don’t let this scare you away from just innocent dating, though, 'cause that’s how you get to know them in the first place… just be careful about sex.

I don’t know what else to say. Perhaps I am only seventeen, and maybe I’ve never found that perfect person, but… that’s what I think about love.[/color]

Theres more about sex than about love above but you make a clear point.Its just how you see priorities in life and i guess if you happy about its all good.
One thing made me thing though-with sex so much connected with love and the way you describe how both are “one” there is a risk that you may think that person you choose for life “must be pure or it would mean she/he isnt good enough”.
Im paraphrasing your words of course but thats what is see between the lines.
People have sex for many many different reasons and often they make mistakes as to choosing who with, sometimes they are emotionally blackmailed, sometimes curious,etc.Its to say that often people dont wait with it till marriage but it does not make them less worthy.
I personally hold totally different view on sex and love and can see them both working fine even if separated.
Also i think that choosing person for life is too big responisibility to have such big area left out.Its crucial to know that person in as many fields/areas/behaviours as possibile.Because you`re relative young you tend to not see how important and powerfull sex can be and how many differencies there can be between people here.

Of course that all isnt to change your views (which are just fine) or to argue them.Take it as another view to consider:)

Ps.On a lighter note- one person i know divorced his wife cuz he couldnt stand her all time giggling while they were one on one,and she couldnt stop it:) Took a year and he gave up.

[color=indigo]I was trying to say that sex is important; I’m usually told it isn’t when I display my point of view on this. Some may have a stronger drive than others (particularly men, I find), but everyone’s under it’s spell. Look what happens when people are trapped without it: Priests, prisoners, navymen, all separated from women and stereotypically gay because of it. I’m trying to say sex is a good, healthy thing, but people do ruin their lives because they make poor decisions about how to satisfy their sex drive.

If you disagree with my philosophy on sex and marriage, that’s fine. I was wrong to deliver it in the second-person, because I meant only to say how I felt, not what the universal solution was. Lots of people have consentual sex with no qualms about breaking up and finding someone new, I just hope to get it right in as few tries as possible, and the way I said it makes the most sense to me.[/color]

Of course,nothing to disagree about.I liked the post, i thought ill share some ideas that came to my mind then.
Good luck there:)

-VS-

THE WINNER IS OBVIOUS