Fading sight and pre-Sleep Paralysis dreams

These are two things I noticed not long ago while going to sleep. First was a kind of fading sight. I was in my dark room, noticing a lot of… static in my sight.

Try paying attention to it right now and you’ll see what I mean. It’s as if there are specks of ever-changing colour everywhere. In a dimly lit room, it’s much more apparent.

Anyways, I was thinking about the static and how I’ve noticed it before when I’m in a fading LD. As I’m concentrating on that thought more and more, the room seems to get darker and darker. I think about how strange that is… I then turn my head to a darker corner of my room (I can still see objects), and start concentrating on MILD with my eyes open. After repeating the phrase in my head a few times, trying not to concentrate on my sight, everything fades, and I just see what I see when I fade out of a Lucid Dream - blackness with that static over it.

I check to see if I just unconsciously closed my eyes. Nope, they’re open. I do it again, and my sight once again fades. I turn and face my window (some light is coming through), it seems much harder to make my sight fade.

The day after, I tried using Suneye to see if it did anything - it made my sight fade faster.

I don’t know if there’s really a point to all this, but does anyone else experience this? Based on this, would it be possible to sleep with your eyes open?

Maybe entering a dream is a bit like exiting it.

Anyways, on a slightly more interesting note, I also noticed that it’s possible to have a dream before you enter Sleep Paralysis. Have you ever been in bed or lying on the couch when you feel a slight jolt, as if you were floating and all of a sudden you fell? I noticed that the same night as the fading sight.

It was as if I was in a pre-sleep kind of dream, sort of like a daydream, when it became a real dream. Sleep Paralysis hadn’t kicked in, and when I moved in the dream I took a step in my bed in real life. Because I didn’t feel anything under my foot, it was as if I fell. I jolted in my bed, and woke up.

Is it possible to have a dream before Sleep Paralysis kicks in? In Lars’ Lucid Dreaming FAQ, for those of you who have read it, he described this as your astral body falling back into your physical body after an OBE. Maybe this is just a dream without SP?

If anyone has more information, comments, or theories on this, please reply!