Dreams know the time? Waking me up when its time to work!!

Hi guys,

Yesterday I tryed having a LD but didnt make it, so i just fell to sleep. I then had 3 Normal dreams that i remember, and i write two of them down in my DJ, real brief though as i couldnt remember too much, :confused:

Anyway, the third dream i had was the one that really amazes me. :tongue:

I was having just a 2hour nap before I had work at 3.00, after my two first dreams in my dream, i woke up. and my cousin and her bf (who often come around alot) were at my house as i could hear them talking and for some reason my cuz bf was scraping something along the wall… but neway.

And then My cousin came in and said wake up, and i got up instantly, (Still in my dream, but didnt know it) and i asked whats the time, and she said, 8.05 i was 5 hours late for work!! I was lying in my room, on my bed, and was just about to get out, i couldnt believe it, and then NO MORE THEN ONE SECOND… My Nan came in (in real life) and told me that it was time to go to work, i looked at the time and it was 3.05, but the thing was,

How did my body know to wake me up? Its real weird… how it happened STRAIGHT after the dream that i thought i was awake…

You guys know anything about this?

Thanks
SparX

Yes, FA often happens when you’re affraid of waking up too late. :wink:

Sure!
we have a own timer that never stops!
but inside dreams, it’s only triggered if you are worried!

The human has a “bioclock”. Never wondered how when you autosuggest “I’ll wake up at 3 AM tonight” it’ll actually work ? The human body keeps a nice track of time.

We definitely have an internal clock. I’ve had several experiences of falling asleep intending to wake up at a certain time and then actually doing it. In fact, just about a week ago I went to sleep repeating in my head that I would wake up at 5:28, 2 minutes before my alarm was set to go off (I was planning on performing WBTB). I subsequently woke up at precisely 5:28. At first I thought, “Why did I wake up 2 minutes before my alarm?” Then I realized that I had intended to wake up at this time. It was pretty neat. I’ve tried to do this a few more times since then with no luck.

one of my DC’s predicted exactly when my dad would come in and wake me up.
yeah id say they can tell time

Yes, your circadian cycle can wake you up just at the right time.

In the summer I get used to sleeping until 11:00AM or 12:00PM so on the first day of school I always spell S-C-H-O-O-L over and over in my head until I fall asleep. Then I wake up at 6:00AM.

I wonder if this would work for lucid dreams… :grin:

My internal clock usually is set to wake up only a few minutes before my alarm goes off, that’s when I’m lucky (othertimes maybe a few hours).