Claude de Contrecoeur

Claude de Contrecoeur has done scientific research in lucid dreaming since 1976 and has published a number of works through Europe during the 1970’s and early 80’s.

From what I have read, he takes a highly shamanic aswell as scientific approach to his dream studies and exploration.

Step guides to attaining “lucidity” to philiosophical discussion regarding consciousness within the dream state.

Enjoy!

shaman-australis.com/%7Eclau … ous_dreams

I have read everything Claude ever wrote, and actually tried to follow up on his consciousness theory. It, to me, is ahead of it’s time.

He might have used chemicals, but he was anything but mystical about it. Claude was very scientific and objective.

I am not too sure what you mean by anything but mystical?

yeah maybe he hasnt taken a shamanistic approach yet
from my readings conscious related shamanistic texts Claude de Contrecoeur work runs quiet parallel.

you are right Rifat is anything but shamanistic in his explenations…

Claude Rifat’s texts are very interesting, in particular his texts about hypnagogics and “disattenuated thoughts”. But they are quite difficult to read… and I never had the courage to read them all integraly! :sad:
Btw, though they were collected on the shaman-australis website, I don’t think there are any references to shamanism in them. Claude Rifat was just a very curious neurobiologist.

Sorry i explained myself incorrectly but…

I dont think that he has refrences to shamansim… but his theology rings closley to some sorcery theology.

He he! Interesting! Thank you for pointing this out. I have to read his texts, then… :smile:

Could anyone show me where to find some more of his work online?

You have a “Back to the index” button at the bottom of the page.

Ah, silly me. Thanks.