Prolonging Lucidity?

Okay, I’ve been getting lucid dreams about 2-3 nights a week, so I feel I don’t have much of a problem there. The problem is, when I’m lucid, I always lose it!!

For example, most of my LD’s are interrupted by FA’s! Is there a way to stop FA’s or something?

Another reason I lose lucidity is that I wake up IRL. Anyone have any way to help out with this? Personally, I tried to stay unexcited in LD’s, which I usually do…

You see, the problem is, I only have a string of like 3 things I want to do in an LD, but the problem is I always wake up, be it real or fake, which means I have to restart the process all over again (teleporting, flying to wherever and whatnot). How can you stop these things?

Yes, I do get lucidity back by rubbing hands/other things and by spinning, but I can’t constantly spin around in a dream all the time, nor do I think I can constantly rub my hands. Is there any technique you guys out there use to prolong it?

Shouting “increase lucidity”/“lucidity x1000” helps for someone.

i dont know if there’s any way to stop FA’s, maybe if you say “i wont have a FA” before goin to sleep, that might help.

Make a habit of everytime you wake up you do an RC and until you have such a high level of lucidity by keep doing RCs you wont get FA’s anymore. :cool:

the usual dream prolonging techniques should work
rubbing your hands
spinning
etc

Heh. Funny thing when I did that a few nights ago, I ended up doing RC’s, but having continuous FA’s (7 times, if I recall correctly). Unfortunately, my alarm clock woke me… :sad:

Yeah, I’ve done the other techs for prolonging lucidity. I read on a different thread that as long as I’m doing something, I’ll stay lucid longer (??). I shall try that tonight…

For me it works best to think that my real body lies in my bed and everything only happens in my head. I know this doesn’t sound like it works but it really makes me more lucid.

Spinning or staring at your hands are common ways to extend dreams.

I have devoloped (well, not really - I actually found it by accident) my own technique, in which I simply take in how realistic the dream is. That seems to ground me in the dream, so that it lasts longer. As a bonus, it also makes it easier to think and makes the dream more vivid and realistic. Nifty :wink:.

Use verbal commands when you feel in your LD that it starts to fade away. For example, i use to repeat out load “It’s a stabilized dream!” until i feel that it’s enough. And in next time i feel my dream slipping away, i’ll do the same.

P.S. I’m not English speaking person, so the sentence is only translation to English, and might not be as “powerful” for you than it is for me in my native language. So you can figure out some sentence that works well for you. But no matter what sentence it is, verbal commands are always more powerful than thoughts. You are commanding your brain to keep the dream stabilized, so it helps to prolong it at least for some time.

I’ve had a loop of false awakenings once, in which I had no control whatsoever. Restarted every 5 minutes, with me in the exact same state I was when I ‘woke up’ in the FA. Annoying, but cool.

Anyway, something I’ve found out is that when you use dream control in a dream, at least by force, then it starts destabilizing the dream, and eventually collapsing it. So you could try not using any control whatsoever, and see if that works.

Hmm… seems to me like it’s the other way 'round for me… When I don’t do anything in a dream, I end up seeing the dream destabilizing…