Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

the BIG MILD topic [part II]

Author  Message 
Datameister
needs more sleep!
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Thu 06 Apr, 2006  Reply with quote

Hey Tggtt, have you ever attempted the nose-plugging RC in a dream? It should work remarkably well, especially if you try it a few times. While sleeping, your breathing becomes totally involuntary, and even while dreaming you can't control it. So plugging your nose in the dream doesn't cause you to stop breathing in real life; you can then feel the breathing sensation during the dream. Pretty fool-proof, usually. Make sure you're expecting to be able to breathe!

Amused Himself to Death
pretty close...
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Tue 11 Apr, 2006  Reply with quote

So last night I did MILD before going to bed, woke up at 5:30 and did the WBTB method, and did MILD again. I had a really vivid dream, I sort of knew I was dreaming already, and when somebody said "Tomorrow you are going to die." to me, I realized I was dreaming, I got up from my chair, and yelled, "I'm dreaming", but I got woken up by my alarm clock.

I really hope I don't die tomorrow, that would suck. Stupid DC's, they got me on edge sadblauw

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

PostPosted: Tue 11 Apr, 2006  Reply with quote

Quote:
I really hope I don't die tomorrow, that would suck.

Yes, it would suck. wink Don't worry about this dream content, there are tons of dreams like that.

Amused Himself to Death
pretty close...
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Thu 20 Apr, 2006  Reply with quote

So in the last week, I've had a couple of Lucid Dreams using the MILD method. Although they've only lasted about a total of 15 seconds, I seem to be making progress. In my last one I was spinning, but I still blacked out. Now, after I blacked out, I felt like I smacked my arm into something. I was still conciouss in the blackness for about 3 seconds, then I lost conciousness again.
Anyways, when it went black, do you think that I smacked something in my dream (DC, pole, some sort of Dream Monkey, etc.) or was it me temporarily awake smacking something in my bathroom?

Yes, I was sleeping on my bathroom floor. Wanna fight about it wink5

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Thu 20 Apr, 2006  Reply with quote

I think you smacked something in the dream, but perhaps this event was inspired by the feeling of the bathroom floor.
I remember I've had such a dream: I was in a grey void and I was beginning to lose consciousness when I was bumped by a DC. This made me conscious again.
You should try the rubbing hands technique when you're in the blackness, or try to feel the floor with your hands, etc. It's likely to make the images reappear. And if you have no feelings, you often lose consciousness very easily.

The first thing you should do in LD's is looking at your hands, then stare at them from time to time. It's a prolonging technique, so your LD's will last more than 15 seconds. smile

Somnio Forte
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 21 Apr, 2006  Reply with quote

...my thread is the official MILD topic? Cool.

Amused Himself to Death
pretty close...
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed 03 May, 2006  Reply with quote

Thanks for that tip on feeling the floor, Basilus, because of it, I had my first LD (well, atleast the first one that didn't end as soon as it started). It was interesting, I realized I was dreaming when my dad saw me through the back of his head, and I blacked out again. But I took your advice, felt the floor, which felt like a wooden floor for some reason, and imagined a new dream setting. I found myself in a very cartoony version of my street, it was great. Although it only lasted 45 seconds, I'm really happy with my progress so far.

Thanks again smile

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Wed 03 May, 2006  Reply with quote

Waw! You had a long LD? And because of my advice? hurray I feel so happy! And congrats on your LD! applaus

Amused Himself to Death
pretty close...
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sat 06 May, 2006  Reply with quote

Yeah, it was your help smile
It seems to me that people who help other people like to see progress from the people they're helping. lol, hard sentence to type.

<mod>Part II has reached ten pages and is locked. You'll find the BIG MILD topic part III here</mod>

print