Ghosts, anyone?

Basically, does anyone here believe in ghosts? If you do, and have experienced them, how about telling us all what happened? Also, if you do not believe in them, you could tell us about why you don’t believe, and try and explain some of our stories.

Here is one of the things that happened to me…

I was in my old room, and i was about 5. I had never had an overactive imagination, or hallucinations or anything. I needed the toilet. I reached out to open one of the curtains so i could see in the dark (It was night time, about 2 in the morning, and i wasn’t tired at all) and i heard a dog barking. Nobody in the area owned a dog at the time, and it was coming from my room. From the window. I knew it was inside the room, because i always had the windows shut, and it sounded loud, and the growling was from near my head! I pulled my hand back and the growling subsided. I climbed out of bed, and as soon as my feet touched the floor, a voice shouted “Grandma, come and put Jason back into bed!” and a strange wind instrument sounded. I jumped back into bed, and my grandad came through, put the light on, and asked who played that “Huru” (Thats what it sounded like, it was pronounced hoo roo). I was scared, and just stayed in bed and held it in. I finally got to sleep. When i woke up, i asked my Grandad what a “Huru” was, and he had no idea what i was talking about. I told him what e did, and he had no recollection of it, and he has never sleepwalked to my knowledge. To this day, he has never remembered, and i have never forgotten.

shrugs

When I was little I used to be 99.9% sure ghosts were real. I saw lots of them in my house, and my other family members saw doors shaking violently and noises sounding off.

shrugs again

yawns

I dunno.

I’m not that sure of anything anymore.

Deffinately, there are two main stages of ‘ghosts’ the way I see it.

Residual - This is the spiritual energy we leave behind both in life and in spirit. Strong emotions and feelings and similar things like that. This is the kind of energy you might pick up on when you walk into a room or building and suddenly get a really friendly or happy feeling or indeed a feeling of foreboding or something like that, yet not really know why you feel that way.

Other energies that would fall into this catagory could be if the building burnt down at some point and was rebuilt. This will leave a residual engery of that event that some people may pick up on, particularly if there was a lose of life involve.

Some visual & Auditory energy can even be picked up on by those who are very spiritually aware (psychic if you prefer) such as soft sounds. I went to an old monastery and at one point could have sworn I heard chanting. Speaking of I had a picture of the place https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/cit1981/old.jpg

Active/Visitation - This is the one where most spiritual/ghost activity falls.

There’s two main parts here, visitation and grounded. A grounded spirit is someone who has not moved on and stays here, maybe they did something really bad and are affraid to move on, others may chose to stay here or are trying to look for someone or things like that.

Visitation is what it sounds like, they come back to visit places they loved, people just to be nosy, whatever. Those that believe in spirit guides being real entities not a dream thing, this is where your spirit guide[s] will fall, a visiting spirit.

It’s these last two that provide the ‘ghost’ things, from visual and auditory to physical contact.

What have I experienced? I think I may have mentioned these in another thread here.

I once had someone say my name while I was in my room and everyone was sleeping, the voice came from the foot of my bed. They said my full first name which no one in the family generally does. I went right under the covers on that one, I was only 7/8.

Another time I woke up around 7am and hear someone right next to me say very clearly “Shhh you’ll wake him!” I guess he was right.

One of the scariest experiences I have ever had though, was in primary school in my second year. The room was fine normally, but when I was alone it felt very negative. Like you didn’t want to be there and just to get out. Sometimes I would be in there during break alone catching up on work and the old wardrobe that was in the store room would start to rock and bang.

One Lunch time I was in there with my friend and it started to bang, it was the first time I’d known it to happen with anyone else in the room and he asked what it was. It was at that point a blue white light, similar to lightning shot across the blackboard. My friend left me alone at that point.

A few years after that, I found out that that particular room used to be a bedroom when the original building was a boarding school and the wardrobe was also from that era. Whether something bad happened back then or something I have no idea, but at the time it scared the heck outta me.

So, i am, or used to be very active in boy scouts (stopped being active when i became an Eagle). When i was about 14, i went to this scout camp, and it was only me and my friend jesee from the troop at this particular camp. This night, The camp was hosting a huge camp fire. But me and jesee were more interested in just screwing around, not going to a campfire. So although we did go to the camp fire at first, we decided to ditch it, and began to walk back to our camp. The pathway to the camp was lit with hanging buckets of fire going down the middle of the trail(kinda just a cool looking lighting system). When we got back to camp, my troop leader, Mr. Z came up to us and began to shout.
“WTF are u doing here!! you should be at the camp fire!!!”
We were so taken back. He had never acted like this before, and had never sworn. And over a campfire? SO as he continued yelling at us, we finally said ok, and made our way back to the camp fire. This is where it gets weird.
While on the way back to camp there were about 200 buckets of fire lighting the way to the camp fire, they were all out, and smoking as if someone had just put them out. We had only been off the trail for about 2 minutes. SO we thought nothing of it, and continued. Before, you could see the campfire from very far away, yet it was no where to be seen now. And the trail is only one way. Yet suddenly now it became a fork. We were so confused, but decided to take the left, thinking that this might be the correct way. So with the only light being that of the moon, we continued on into this trail. As we looked onward, we noticed that the trail jsut suddenly stopped?!?! as if it had been dusted away. And about 50 feet infront of where it stopped was the forest. And for some reason, it didnt have a trace of light. It was like a dark void. Suddenly a single man walked out from the darkness and was coming our way. He was wearing a hood, and walking very slowly. The whole time we were never able to see his face, even when standing right next to him. He was also holding a book out infront of him, but didnt have a light for reading it? Just was holding it out infront of him and it was open. It was also a very large book. Anyway, we asked the man wehre the camp fire was, to which he responded,“Right in the forest, not to far.” as he pointed into the darkness.
“But shouldn’t we be able to see the campfire?” asked jessee.
The man just continued walking, he didnt say anything and just continued down the path. We called for him to answer, but he simply just kept walking. And then, a cloud went over the moon, and as bizzare as this sounds, he literallly disapeared. Me and jesee were so scared, and we sprinted back to the camp. When we reached where the fork had been, there was no right trail, only one?? and all of the buckets had been lit. all 200?? Smoke was no where to be found either as if they had never gone out. And when we got back to camp, Our troop leader ran to us with a worried face.
“Oh my lord, where have you guys been, the camp has been searching for you for hours.” He said.
“But we have only been gone for 10 minutes, we left right after you yelled at us!?” i exclaimed.
“What are u talking about, i never yelled at you, i havent seen you all night…just go to bed you guys.”

I will never forget about that night, never.

A school experience, and one in a scout camp? I had both too. Here is one from school…

I was in the middle of a maths test, and i had the calculator with me. I looked at one of the questions, and looked at the calculator. Nothing on it. I looked at the question, and decided i needed to use the calculator. When i looked back, there was numbers on the calc. I checked it, and the numbers were the correct answer! I have never forgotten that. Also, another one.

I was alone in the classroom, and there was not a breath of wind. it was very eerie, when the outside door just suddenly opened and slammed shut again! scared me half to death! Nobody was outside, and like i said, no wind whatsoever.

Those are a couple of experiences i like to call “physical ghosts” as they physically interact with things around them, and there are also “non-physical” ghosts, which do other things. I have had experiences with both kinds. Another physical ghost encounter is detailed below, but it was very scary for me, and may be for you too.

I was alone in my room (why is it always when i’m alone?) and i was going to put my TV on, when something just pushed me over onto my sofa! (sofabed, bottom part sofa, top part is a bunk bed, i usually say “setee” but sofa is more universally accepted, and so is couch) but anyway, while i was sitting there, wondering what the hell happened, my rack full of videos started to wobble, and it fell on top of me! Over 100 videos, yet strangely, only one of them hit me, and that one hit my foot, with no pain at all… That is why i think there are two opposite ghosts. One trying to protect me, another trying to injure. I did not see actual ghosts when those events happened, but i will tell you about the ones i DID see in another post.

I’ve always liked to believe in ghosts, even if I don’t have much proof. My only real even possibly-experience was a something-or-other that belonged to the house I lived in when I was in first to third grade. It used to move this little plastic cupcake around when I wasn’t watching, and it got to be a game - I would put the little cupcake somewhere then turn around, and when I turned back around, voila! Cupcake in a different place! :content: Of course, I never actually saw it move, but I do remember the something throwing a big button at me once. I’ve never really been afraid of the idea of ghosts.

wow…thats like poltergeist style lol. :tongue:

I can’t say that I believe in ghosts (but I keep an open mind), but I thought I had an experience once: Every night for weeks in my old house I would wake up in the middle of the night at the exact same time and notice that all the sheets would be kicked off of me so that I was just lying on the mattress. This continued to happen every night (Obviously I was kicking them off in my sleep?). So one day I was laying in bed and I was just staring at the alarm clock dreading when it would reach 6:30 and I would have to get up for middle school. So anyways I just layed there on my back in bed when I looked over to my right and noticed a hand holding the sheets just like me. So I just thought nothing of it until I noticed that both of my arms were laying on top of the sheet and both hands were accounted for. I layed back again and just had that little prick of uncertainty so I opened one eye and sure enough it was still there so since I don’t really believe in ghosts I shrugged it off as me being tired and I grabbed a wad of the sheets and rolled over taking them with me as I turned. I laid there for a minute and closed my eyes (relaxing) when I suddenly a very strong yank on the sheets and comforter yanked them out of my hands and all the way to the bottom right corner of the mattress (!). I just sat there thinking “holy crap, what was that?”, so I stayed put and thought it through. My sister was still in the shower and my parent’s bedroom was too far away (down a hall, downstairs, and through the kitchen) and the door to my room was shut. “so what could it be?”, I thought maybe it was the weight of the comforter pulling it down but it was too light and this was definitely yanked quickly out of my grasp and out from under me. I flicked the lights on and couldn’t find the reason for what had happened. After that I stopped waking up in the middle of the night and to this day I’ve never kicked the sheets completely off my bed.

Was this some kind of ghost? IMO no. There would be no reason for it, the house was very modern and we had it built just a couple years prior. But a couple years after we moved out my sister confessed that while we lived there, every night in the middle of the night she would wake up at one exact time and see the our dead grandfather standing in her room, looking at her through the reflection in her mirror. So she wasn’t too surprised when I told her my story soon after… :eek:

I firmly believe in science and logic, as such I can shoot all sorts of holes in my story but my sister is almost honest to a fault and supposedly my mother who never believed her stories also confessed to seeing a similar presence…It seems to have ceased since then though…