New to this

G’day to all,

ive been reading these forums the last day or two and im very fascinated by LD but i have a few questions

Why do alot of people who LD say that most of there dreams are about killing/pain? arent they more nightmares than anything? Can you feel pain during a LD? When i do try it, i’d rather have pleasent LD’s, haha, such as putting my self in a video game and flying.

Also, this is sorta unrelated to LD, but when ever i play my PSP( playstation portable) in bed, just before sleep, i have VERY vivid dreams… could i use that as a tool for LD?

Cheer’s guys.

In a lucid dream, the ability to choose what you generally dream about should be present. Not to say that lucid nightmares are completely avoidable, but in staying lucid one must realize he/she is not actually in the current situation and hence would not have reason to be afraid of the nightmare situation. I have found that when I am not succesfully able to defeat a nightmare in a lucid dream, I fade into the normal dreaming state as I am convinced I am actually afraid of somthing real.

Regarding your PS2 inducing dreams, I find that any form of concentration before sleep can incudce vivid dreams on the topic of the prior concentration.

ah cheers.

What about if your in a LD, can you tell your self to wake and you’ll wake up?

Welcome to the forums, tim2x!

Don’t know if that’s true… I personally don’t have LD’s like that. I think there’s a “big topic” floating around here somewhere discussing it, but just because the topic’s floating around doesn’t mean everyone’s doing it. But then again, I haven’t actually been in the topic to see if they’re just discussing it or actually having LD’s with killing/pain.

And of course, you can wake up in LD. Simply telling yourself to wake up does the trick for some. Others either try to shut their eyes very tight, or open them very wide. I personally open them wide, but I’ve found all techniques working for me.

Ahhh cheer’s guy

just 1 more question, whats your experiences been with False awaknings? I’ve had 1 before that i could mostly control but it felt awful.

cheers

I noticed that when I was newer to LD, the closer I got to LD’s, the more FA’s I had. Strangely, that hasn’t happened lately…

I guess RC every time you wake up would be a good idea. I haven’t had the chance to do it in FA yet… shrug

I love K1LL1NG in my dreams. Not in the gorey guts everywhere type of way, but I like obliterating people with fire balls. It releases a lot of stress for me and is really healthy.

lol, I have to try that sometime :wink: