the BIG remembering dreams topic part IV

Okay, I bought a journal, and I’ve actually been able to remember dreams more often! There are days that I don’t remember anything, and there are days that I remember up to six dreams. It’s pretty cool.
I keep missing all the reality checks though. Last night was so obvious, but I never noticed. I had to infiltrate some building to get something, and some people quickly built a wall to stop me, but I just kept running towards the wall, and I said “Heh, who said I can’t walk through walls?” and I ran right through the wall as if I was a ghost.
That one was so obvious, if only I was more aware! Funny how walking through walls seemed so natural :happy:

i hardly ever remember my dreams unless they are extremely vivid

but i do remember fellings i had felt like sorrow and happiness

i think thats a step closer to remembering my dreams or at least get some snapshots of them

usually when im asleep in cars this happens but not in my bed

other than the ones mentioned on the site

i finally remembered something well idk if it was a real something but i woke up with the ghostbuster theme song stuck in my head

its been forever since my last remembered dream

like i guess in june

i remember dreams alot better in the car than anywhere else

moved your topic into the BIG remembering dreams topic, you are bound to find some tips in here :wink:

Hi secretsquirrel,

Even if you just remember a feeling, write it down in you DJ. Your dream recall will enhance little by little.
You’ll find very good tips about dream recall in this post and in this one.

Topic merged into the “BIG Remembering dreams” topic

Hi!
I’m new and I begun my quest for LD about a week ago but I have a major problem: my dream recall is terrible, really terrible.

I keep a dream journal but I can only (if I am lucky) recall about one dream per week and that dream is usually hazy and I can only recall small fragments of it. I try to focus on remembering my dream and tells (speaks) my subconscious self of my intention to do so. So far it hasn’t helped, I can’t remember my dreams at all.

Any suggestions?

Keep trying and recording your dreams. Do you try to recall them right as our waking up?

I hate it when people always come up with the recording. There must be something else!?

thnx fir the help

I think you’ll find you have more vivid dreams during afternoon naps and the like. If you get the chance, sleep-in. I often have my most vivid dreams when I’m sleeping-in and drifting in and out of sleep.

But really, you just have to keep at it. If you’re getting frustrated, take a break.

Oh, and keep recoding your dreams :razz:

Thanks, I’ll keep trying and continue to record them. And yes, I try to recall my dreams right after waking up. I have a dream journal next to my bed so that I will be able to record any dreams I might remember before losing them completely. Most of the time, trough, it is completely blank and i just wake up with no memory of any dream at all.

Due to some obscure twist of fate I find it really hard to sleep in the afternoon (except when I’m really tired) but I could be worth a try.

I pretty sure it’s because when you sleep in uncomfortable/unfamiliar surroundings you don’t sleep as easy, i.e. you’re more aware.

i have the same problem but ill be lucky if i can recall 1 dream every month

unless i take a car trip then i can recall every little detail

maybe has something to do with the motion of the car

I’m mostly able to recall at least 3 dreams a night but sometimes it’s more and sometimes it’s less, but I’m satisfied :content: In the beginning I didn’t remember any dreams, but if you keep practicing,…

you’ll see :content:

Don’t think so. :content: If you practice a bit of autosuggestion and read the tips I gave you the links towards on the top of this page, you’ll quickly make big progress.

yur right about that im at my dads for the first night and i remebered one dream. it was a short one and got cut of by fright of my face getting shaved off. :happy:

This has got to be the only forum where someone could put a smilly after a statement like that. Where else could someone be happy about almost getting their face shaved off? :grin:
don

This would be the only forum where people…uhh…I dunno…maybe…ahh nuts I don’t know how to say it. Oh well.

reads website

uhh…how do I visualise remembering something I haven’t had yet? :eh:

:slight_smile:

I suppose you’re talking about the MILD induction technique? If so, you should post it there and not in the BIG remembering dream topic. :tongue:
It’s a terrible question though. :eh:

heehee sorry…my mind works in funny ways. And i phrased it wrongly…as in…uhh…how do you visualise remembering a dream you haven’t had yet the night before you have the dream?

I suppose this would make more sense…I hope…If it doesn’t…nevermind. =P I kind of have an idea of how to get myself to remember dreams…

I’m still unsure I’ve understood. :sad: If you speak about autosuggestion in order to remember dreams, it’s not with visualization, it’s by repeating a sentence like “tomorrow morning, I’ll remember my dreams” when you go to bed.