the BIG remembering dreams topic part IV

Topic merged into the “BIG Remembering dreams” topic

Hi!
I’m new and I begun my quest for LD about a week ago but I have a major problem: my dream recall is terrible, really terrible.

I keep a dream journal but I can only (if I am lucky) recall about one dream per week and that dream is usually hazy and I can only recall small fragments of it. I try to focus on remembering my dream and tells (speaks) my subconscious self of my intention to do so. So far it hasn’t helped, I can’t remember my dreams at all.

Any suggestions?

Keep trying and recording your dreams. Do you try to recall them right as our waking up?

I hate it when people always come up with the recording. There must be something else!?

thnx fir the help

I think you’ll find you have more vivid dreams during afternoon naps and the like. If you get the chance, sleep-in. I often have my most vivid dreams when I’m sleeping-in and drifting in and out of sleep.

But really, you just have to keep at it. If you’re getting frustrated, take a break.

Oh, and keep recoding your dreams :razz:

Thanks, I’ll keep trying and continue to record them. And yes, I try to recall my dreams right after waking up. I have a dream journal next to my bed so that I will be able to record any dreams I might remember before losing them completely. Most of the time, trough, it is completely blank and i just wake up with no memory of any dream at all.

Due to some obscure twist of fate I find it really hard to sleep in the afternoon (except when I’m really tired) but I could be worth a try.

I pretty sure it’s because when you sleep in uncomfortable/unfamiliar surroundings you don’t sleep as easy, i.e. you’re more aware.

i have the same problem but ill be lucky if i can recall 1 dream every month

unless i take a car trip then i can recall every little detail

maybe has something to do with the motion of the car

I’m mostly able to recall at least 3 dreams a night but sometimes it’s more and sometimes it’s less, but I’m satisfied :content: In the beginning I didn’t remember any dreams, but if you keep practicing,…

you’ll see :content:

Don’t think so. :content: If you practice a bit of autosuggestion and read the tips I gave you the links towards on the top of this page, you’ll quickly make big progress.

yur right about that im at my dads for the first night and i remebered one dream. it was a short one and got cut of by fright of my face getting shaved off. :happy:

This has got to be the only forum where someone could put a smilly after a statement like that. Where else could someone be happy about almost getting their face shaved off? :grin:
don

This would be the only forum where people…uhh…I dunno…maybe…ahh nuts I don’t know how to say it. Oh well.

reads website

uhh…how do I visualise remembering something I haven’t had yet? :eh:

:slight_smile:

I suppose you’re talking about the MILD induction technique? If so, you should post it there and not in the BIG remembering dream topic. :tongue:
It’s a terrible question though. :eh:

heehee sorry…my mind works in funny ways. And i phrased it wrongly…as in…uhh…how do you visualise remembering a dream you haven’t had yet the night before you have the dream?

I suppose this would make more sense…I hope…If it doesn’t…nevermind. =P I kind of have an idea of how to get myself to remember dreams…

I’m still unsure I’ve understood. :sad: If you speak about autosuggestion in order to remember dreams, it’s not with visualization, it’s by repeating a sentence like “tomorrow morning, I’ll remember my dreams” when you go to bed.

For the past few months I haven’t really remembered any of my dreams. I thought it to be a bit odd, but had passed it off as nothing

Then suddenly, after signing back up here and deciding that I might start trying to LD again, I wound up remembering 3 dreams vividly after I woke up yesterday morning. I didn’t write them down or anything and now I can only remember small fragments about them.

I also just woke up from a 2 hour sleep, and actually wrote down a long paragraph about another dream I just had.

I’ve noticed that my memory of a dream will decline the longer I go with out thinking about it.

I guess I only really remember my dreams if I have the intention to so. :\

I suppose that’s the whole thing…<_< you need to make yourself remember to remember your dreams.

Oh and thanks for confirming for me~ huggies

Weird weird dream last night…i always have weird dreams. Think its got something to do with my imagination =P

:slight_smile:

i wasnt smiling about my face getting shaved off i was smiling about it being correct

at my dads i remember my dreams but at my moms i dont. my dad and stepmom practice feng shui there but my mom doesnt.

Is this why i remember them there? :shrug:

Feng Shui, like many Asian customs, are believed to work, but nobody really GETS it until they try it. I believe that if you sleep in conditions as best as they can be concerning temperature, position, and fatigue, you have the greatest odds of a great dream recall the next morning. Is your dad’s house more organized, or cooler in the summer (warmer if you live in Australia) than your mom’s? There’s a bunch of factors that just require toying with until you find the best solution for dream recall.