Lucid dream software for mobile phones

posted with permission

I have made a lucid dreaming training software for mobile phones called LucidWeaver. It is done in Java and should work on most mobile phones that support newest versions of J2ME profiles.

It is the first lucid dreaming software for mobile devices in the world.

It can be downloaded from www.lucidweaver.com (new link)

It is a tool that I made for myself based on what I would have needed when I was first trying to learn lucid dreaming and to keep it up.

Any comments are welcome.

Enjoy!

What does it do and how do you use it?

This looks very nice. It’s too bad that my phone is too old to run it, though. The manual is very informative, though. Now, as for criticism: on the home page, the FAQ link is unnecessary.
Nice work!

Ooh looks interesting! I just downloaded it and it seems to work on my phone. (It goes “beep beep beep” when I press the reality test button!)

I’ll try out the dream alarm tonight I think…

Hmm, that seems like a useful tool. I got to give it a try on my PDA. :smile:

And it’s Finnish software, too! :content:

Thanks for letting us know.

Looks good, nice website too. I think I’m also due a free phone upgrade about now :cool:

There is Dream Alarm with Lucidity training function which you can adjust to your sleep cycle length. These can be used to improve your dream recall and to train yourself to have more lucid dreams.

There is also some reality testing functions and of course a regular alarm clock so that you wouldn’t dream forever :slight_smile:

For the use, just check the manual please.

lucidweaver.com/manual.html
(new link)

DreamTrainer has changed it’s name to LudicWeaver.

This was because I was informed of trademark claim for previous name and was threathened by a law suit. I don’t have time or money for these kind of things.

So free or donationware lucid dreaming software in Java for mobile phones can now be found from:
lucidweaver.com

The software is the same but wait for the upgrades in near future.

I just downloaded LucidWeaver, looks nice. Only problem is I’m using a flip-top phone, the LG U890, and the program only works when the phone is open, so I can’t use the reality check feature. I can use the alarms on it though. I’ll just have to leave it open and plugged in overnight.

Also when I pressed pause, I think it crashed, I couldn’t unpause it.

Is there any way to make the sound louder than the max volume in the program?

Also I realised I can plug the phone into PC with the USB cable it comes with to keep it charged while doing reality checks when I’m at PC. :smile:

Doesn’t work properly.
The alarms are very silent, the reality checking just doesn’t fit (plus it has no sound).

No use for me. =/

Sounds of the java application are influenced by mobile phones use profile. If profile is ‘silent’ or ‘meeting’, no sounds will be heard. Also warning sounds can be turned of from mobile phones settings (these can’t be affected inside java application so you have to set them manually). There is sound for reality check in the application. At least on my mobile (Nokia)

And yes, the sound level is quite low at least on some manufacturers phones. I guess they haven’t anticipated that someone would like to hear also louder sounds from java application.

I will try using MIDI sounds as alternative for the next release. They might come out louder.

Thank you! :cool_laugh: this program worked great!
for the last couple of days, I´ve hade about one dream per night, and not that vivid. This night when i used dreamweaver, I had four dreams, two verry vivid dreams, one lucid for couple of sec, and one FA.

LucidWeaver - World’s first lucid dreaming training software for mobile phones.

New version of LucidWeaver has been released.
Download it for free in https://www.lucidweaver.com

Version 0.95 includes:
Permanent storage for settings. Settings will no longer disappear if application is exited.

Vibration and Backlight flashing to get your attention during days for Reality Tests

Silent mode to do Reality Tests during meetigns where you don’t want to disturb others.

Hide function where Lucidweaver can be hidden on background to use your mobile’s other functions while LucidWeaver continues to run on background.

Navigation and menu commands has been updated for more clarity.

Manual has been revised and contains many screenshots.

(Note that your mobile might not support all these features.)

Next release will include improved sound volume and possibility to include your own mp3s as alarm cues.

please don’t ask for money 8)

Happy Dreaming!

Just downloaded it, and it looks basic, but cool.

Is there any way to change when the dream alarm goes off? 4.5 hours is the only time some of us have, as I get up in 6 hours a lot of the time.

(This is for the new version 0.95)

1. From main screen select:
    Menu > Settings

2. From main settings screen select again:
    Menu > Settings Dream

3. From Dream alarm settings screen move to:
    Delay

4. Edit this field and input: 3

5. Select:
    Save

6. Select again:
    Save

7. You should be back in main screen with Dream alarm delay as 3 cycles which mean 4,5 hours when one cycle is 90 mins or 1,5 hours.

So first Dream alarm will come after 4,5 hours delay and after that in 1,5 hours period until wake up.

I recommend reading the manual since LucidWeaver’s front face hides the quite complicated program with many configuration options for professional dreamer :smile:

Manual can be loaded from homepage.

Hmm, I must have got the wrong version somehow, I see:

16:54

wake up:
7:00am
Reality Test
EXIT DREAM ON/OF

The menu commands layout is determined by vendor specific routines and can’t be affected from inside Java application. On some older phones this might cause some problems but newer phones should be okay.

On menu bar you should see something like:
EXIT MENU
Where Menu opens the rest of the menu options. The screen shots on homepage show example but the actual screen layout is vendor specific in Java.

What is the name and model of your mobile phone? I could check if there is anything that can be done.

I have a Motorola V3 RAZR.

Use tip’s for LucidWeaver:

How can I get more reality checks?

LucidWeaver gives a reality check message every couple of hours as default. If would you like to have a reality check reminder every hour change the settings as follows:

Select: Options > Settings > Reality settings
Edit: Random delay (hours) field
Change the field value to: 0
Select: Save
Go back to main screen and activate "“Reality” alarm from button.

Now you will get a random reality check alarm within 1 and 60 minutes.

-Olli

Use tips for LucidWeaver:

Lucidity training by falling asleep consciously (WILD)

This text can be found from manual but should be helpfull even if you don’t use LucidWeaver.

When you have developed some base and remember many dreams every night and perhaps have already seen your first lucid dreams, it is time to learn some advanced techniques. An relatively easy way to enter a lucid dream is to fall asleep consciously. LucidWeaver’s dream alarms can be used for advanced lucidity training. From Dream alarm settings switch the dream alarm type from dream recall to lucidity training. This will give you some additional dream alarms for every REM-state.

1. DON’T MOVE.
    When you wake up for Dream alarm don’t move. When going to bed and activating dream alarm you should set your intention so strongly that the very first thing that comes to your mind after waking up for dream alarm is: “Don’t move”. The dream alarm will shut off by itself.

2. RELAX.
    If you manage to wake up with out moving any part of your body you are already in a totally relaxed state which is perfect for entering a lucid dream. You don’t even have to do any relaxation exercise since your body is already on a verge of dream but your mind is alert.

3. CONCENTRATE.
    To keep your mind awake pay attention to something. This could be the sound or feel of your breathing. Don’t force it but pay attention gently. When your breathing starts to deepen by itself with out your conscious effort you are almost dreaming. You could pay attention to your bodily feeling. When odd sensations like feeling heavy or light, rocking or swirling sensation comes these tell that you will are falling asleep at the moment.

If you are a visual type pay attention to what you see behind your closed eye lids. You will first see cloud like pulsating and swirling lights which turn in to images and scenes that you will see. Again this means that you are falling more deeply in to a dream. An auditive person can listen to the sound of silence in your ears. You may hear the blood pulsing in your ears. You may start to hear cracks or booms or words and sentences, even music. Remember to hold on. Don’t lose your consciousness. Pay close attention to anything you experience. It will help you to remain conscious of your dream.

All these weird events mean that you are falling asleep fast. In psychology this state is called hypnagogic state which means the border state of wakefulness and sleep. And don’t be afraid. You go through these sensations many times every night at every sleep cycle. Usually you are just not conscious when they happen.

1. LET GO.
    Balancing between sleep and wakefulness is a skill that might take some time to master. Don’t be disappointed if you don’t have success at first try. It is a big step forward even if you just manage to remain conscious during those strange hypnagogic sensations. There is just a small step forward from that to full lucid dream. Be patient. With repeating practice you will learn more and more of your personal style of falling asleep and you learn to expect certain things. You will develop your own dream path through which you enter the dream world until it is as familiar as going through your home door. The key is not trying to control this process too much. You can’t force yourself to fall asleep. It will happen by itself when you let go but still pay close attention to what is happening.

2. ENTER A DREAM.
    Little by little if you manage not to lose your consciousness during those hypnagogic sensations, they will develop in to a dream. Don’t try to take active part in a dream too early. This might wake you up. Let the dreamscape and its actions surround you fully before entering the dream actively.

You should be in a total 3D world of hearing, touching, and feeling. If you try to enter a dream when it is still just an image in your hypnagogic state you will wake and lose the dream. So again, show some patience and take small steps. Adjust LucidWeaver’s Lucidity training settings (from Dream alarm settings screen) so that the additional dream alarms keeps you awake but still not disturbing you too much. Start with many cues in couple of minutes interval. When you have learned to keep your consciousness deep into the hypnagogic state set less cues with longer intervals like five or ten minutes.

-Olli