EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 132
2020 Vision

I'm SO uninspired to write down my dreams, plz help!

Author  Message 
Argitoth
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 28 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

when i write down my dreams, my dreams are just so much better. I remember things I want to remember and remember the LOOONGEST dreams and every step of them. I also have lucid dreams a lot more frequently. Writing down your dreams is NOT overrated, don't forget that!

Madshadow
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 30 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

Something similar is happening to me. Before i officially had a dream journal (i basically had a small binder of index cards to write down interesting dreams). I used to have such interesting dreams. These all included Zombies, and different locations then i already know of. But now that i write them down every night, i see that they are more or less normal. Is this because i am writing them down every night, and not just writing them down when they interest me?

Because thinking back, i did have some interesting ones...hmm

oddish
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: Lost count.

PostPosted: Sun 30 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

I pretty much have interesting dreams all the time..something to do with me playing in my imagination half the day I suppose... =P

Have this problem too..same for the same reason I never kept a diary...someone might read it! <_< >_>

meh. Someone say something push me over the edge to start recording please. =P I'm SOO...secretive when it comes to the things that go on inside my head.

Snape
Deatheater
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Mon 31 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

Argitoth wrote:
There's a very obvious correlation to my dream recall and number of lucid dreams, and a correlation to writing down my dreams and dream recall. Get it? My goal here is lucid dreaming, and I need to learn a way to quickly and effectively write down my dreams. I won't have a lot of time during the year away.

The correlation between recording dreams and recalling dreams is clear - but don't be fooled into thinking that there is a clear cause and effect relationship directly between recall and frequency of lucidity.
Rather, it's probably more likely that you simply forget lucid dreams when your recall is not as good as it should be (which I think is what you were saying, so excuse me if I just parroted you in my own words )

Argitoth
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Mon 31 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

I remember any lucid dream I have, even if I don't remember anything about the dream. I'm not forggetting I dreamt lucidly, I am simply not as aware as what is the dream world and what is the waking world if I don't have good dream recall. When one dreams lucidly, they are able to think to themselves while in the dream to make sure they remember details when they wake up. Usually, I wake up from a lucid dream and in the dream I know I am waking up thus it's really not very likely I will forget I dreamt lucidly.

print