Most beautiful Word?

I love the word “Ithil”, the Sindarin for “Moon”, even if I have yet to learn how to pronounce it without spitting. I don’t know why but I’ve always liked to hear Elves speak.

I think the most beautyfull word, is “Meloncholy”. I know its means depressed, and maybie thats one reason why its so beautyfull. It allso rolls off your tuong. Say it a few times. Its a classy word… Meloncholy.

Thats amazing, Im not the only one who thinks it, I thought I was the only one.
I spelled my favorite word wrong

I go with Cellardoor ha. if you say it as one word instead of two seperate words, and just focus on the sound of the word then… I think it sounds great. haha

My most hated word is… “cigarett”, its the dumbest word in all of history

I would also go with Mother only because its been voted the most beautiful word in the english language. Thats coming from other countries though.

“Cellar Door” :smile: (Donnie Darko fans will recognize this…)

My favorite words, not of its meaning, but just the way it sounds : Languid
Ephemeral
femininity

I’d like to go with “twilight.” There’s just something about that word that strikes something within me.

“Inhale”, as dumb as it may sound normally, can have a cool sound if you speak it with an evil voice. INHALEEEEE!

Try it :smile:

:rofl: You are right, when i first read that i was like "waht is he talking about!! :tongue: "

But i tried it in an evil voice, and that sounds awesome!! lol

:lol:

I am a self-confessed linguiholic (linguaholic? I don’t bother myself with those petty distinctions), and keep an “idea dump” .rtf file open at all times where I crap out all my passing thoughts, which includes nice words.

At the moment the most beautiful word for me is effloresce / efflorescence, the former of which means “to bloom.”

Other ones that strike my fancy: automaton, guttersnipe, panoply, ichor, somniloquent, luminant, perspicacity, janissary, diaphanous, and quintessence.

My favorite word has always been ‘Today’. I’m not sure why but the word seems to carry significance and for some reason is very stimulating for me to read/look at.

Soçobrar, from Brazillian Portuguese, to sink or wrek (said of ships, the Sun when it’s setting, emotions and pretty much anything).

Moleque, also from Brazillian Portuguese (African roots), a boy, a dude, a lad.

Blasphemy, English, Sno posted it and I said it out loud and decided it does sound good.

Sucesso, from Portuguese, success.

Couro, from Portuguese, leather (also said in Brazillian of one’s skin).

Ouro, from Portuguese, gold.

Névoa, from Portuguese, fog, mist.

Ok, I like any word that figures in this poem (written by my friend Marina as a gift to me, an honour for it’s one of the most beautiful poems I’ve ever seen):

When I was in middle school, I used to think it was really fun to say “butt beads”. A beautiful word, in my opinion, is Jezebel. If I ever have a daughter, I will name her Jezebel.

I particularly enjoy the word eloquent, for what reason I’m not quite sure, but the meaning appeals to me. When you describe some eloquent you talk about somebody charismatic, influential, but in a profound or even poetic way…

Sort of like the Prodigy song (It’s a little old by now, but the sound of the guy saying INHALE! Is awesome :happy: )

OH another one is “shatter” and “confinement”, I’m not sure why I like this words, maybe I can relate to them :sigh:

According to some study these design people did, the most beautiful two words are: Cellar Door

Despite what everyone likes to say and despite the fact that I’ve seen Donnie Darko twice now, I really don’t see all that much in “Cellar Door,” even though I did bestow that name upon my iPod.

Tolkien was the one to say it’s the most beautiful expression in the English language. It sounds ok to me, but no bells ring from it.

If you ask me for an expression, I’d say my favourite is “high hopes.”