Sleeping Position

Does anyone find that certain sleeping positions work better for becomming lucid? Eg. On back, side, stomach etc.

Some people will tell you certain positions they like best, but I say nope! Whatever’s comfortable works best! :smile:

[Meditation/WILD method - Deep relaxation/circular)

I think most people lie on their backs while WILDing, but I’m always turning around some time when I really want to sleep.

After what this forum told me about SP, I haven’t slept on my back intentionally for weeks. I still get SP anyway… but not as bad as sucubi or incubi, just something wierd like my vision going black and white for 2 seconds and me not being able to move from that.

Yea, when trying to WILD I lie on my back, but when it fails I turn on my side to sleep.

the tech that i use is mostly WILD and mixed in with a little of self-hypnosis, and yes being on the back is best for me

Dude get use to SP, some people here will tell you that it is scary but believe me when i say “all you have to do is get use to it” because once you realise that SP can’t do anything to you, it is the best way to become lucid. Believe me i know, i get SP almost every night, atleast 5 nights out of the 7, it has ran in my family for generations.

Matt

It’s great I’m not a Christian… waking up with a succubus would scare the hell out of me…
I’ll try not thinking about SP, but I don’t really care about the benefits of it to LDs, because I have them regularly anyway.

O_o what is that about succubi or incubi? What does it have to do with LDing?

And what does it have to do with Christianity?

I’d say just sleep the way you normally do. Worrying about how you sleep isn’t going to help one bit…in my opinion…hee. That’s what I was doing in my so far unsuccessful attempts to WILD…but you get such fun feelings!

/me sneaks in unnoticed

i find the sleeping position of uncomfortable to greatly increase my lucid expiriences, or rather sleeping somewhere new; on the couch, on the floor, camping and et cetera. with these new and uncomfortable areas, i tend to sleep quite lightly, and wake up ocassionally throughout the night, almost forcing myself to wbtb…
so! try sleeping on the floor, couch, bathtub(.-.) or if you would rather not do that, sleep in a position you do not normally sleep in - if you are a tummy sleeper, sleep on your back.
or at least that is how it is for me.

X

I need to correct myself, I think WILD for the beginner is easier while laying in the most comfortable position. I just had some WILD progress, laying on my side, like I would sleep normally.

It’s what is called here the “old hag” thus it has a vague relation with lucid dreaming. In Europe, some people believed - and some still believe - that what they saw during SP trouble episodes were not hallucinations but ghosts or demons. Those would-be demons were called incubus or succubus (the ending i is a plural in latin).

Yes, but that still doesn’t have anything obvious to do with Christianity.

Yes. People thought when they had SP or Old Hag, they were obsessed by demons (bible demons).

I agree with Robin. In this very case, those names incubus and succubus were used in christian demonology. Now it was believed in many countries over the world that the SP trouble hallucinations were bad spirits or demons, whether the religion of those countries was.

I had an episode of SP when I was like 8. Then a litle later I saw some tv program about demons siting on people’s chests when they sleep. because of this, I haven’t slept of my back in like 12 years or so.

I always sleep on my back… then wake up in a different position. I think this just depends on your personal preferences, and not a sleeping position or anything.

I feel like I am such a deep sleeper that, sleeping on my front as I do, my brain is simply too shut off to recall my dreams with any kind of consistency. Perhaps I should try sleeping on my back?