Has anyone used "Sammaspati" as a way to become lu

It is also a technique for increasing how vivid dreams are. I have never used it myself and only know the basic principles.

It involves recalling your day in reverse order when in a meditative state (or when your sleepy) and from an outsiders perspective.

I found a lot of useful techs from this link:
geocities.com/alex_sumner/lucid2.htm

Sweet dreams… :wink:

I used to oftentimes go over my day during the school year, not so much as a means to become lucid or increase vivid dreams but to keep track of all the things I was otherwise likely to forget. First I’d travel backwards in time recounting everything I’d done, then I’d gather up everything I’d found to be incomplete and place it firmly in my visualization of the next morning so I wouldn’t forget it, and then start running through a quick simulation of the next day to make sure I hadn’t forgotten anything there either.

It’s a great sleep aid; you usually never actually finish and just doze off instead. I would think going over your day would result most of the time in very routine, boring dreams, but I have to admit that I did often have vivid dreams back in my more active days, whereas right now during the summer my dreams are dull, ephemeral things. But admittedly I do it while lying in bed and I don’t so much try to relive my day in reverse as I do just try to make a checklist. Thorough link; I haven’t seen that one before.

That site is sweet, i am going to try the picture idea. I am a visuale person, maybe thats what i will need to become lucid. And that sammp…etc thing, sounds pretty cool too. Buddhists are smart cookies, i will give that a shot as well

I used this technique some years ago, I red it in one of Rudolf Steiner’s books. After a week, my dreams became very vivid, and I had my first lucid dream (at this point, I didnt know what LD’s were, so I searched the web and came to LD4All). I stopped with the technique, because it gave me a hard time falling asleep, because I woke up every time just before I fell asleep, because I realised ‘hey, i’m almost falling asleep now’ and woke up (this happened AFTER I used the technique and then tried to sleep: when first using this technique, I fell asleep during the exercise, but later I got better at it).

Note: I remember that the exercise had more effect when you speed it up, so think as fast as possible your day/week/etc back in reverse order.

(Excuse for my poor English. :smile: )