Vacation Dryspells?

First of all sorry to the mods if i placed this in the wrong topic.

Whenever i travel out of the country, my dream recall completley shatters AND my lucidity. As soon as i come back home, i get lucids the next day! Why does this happen? How can i im prove this situation? Yesterday night, I tried the drinking water technique to remember dreams. However i had an FA where i remembered some Fake Dreams, and once I woke up, even forgot what the dreams where. I used to think it was a dryspell, but i realised it wasn’t because as soon as i went back home from France, my DR and LD increased. Any suggestions or comments or Ideas ?

I notice the same thing, and I think it’s because if you’re not sleeping in your own bed, you’re not comfortable enough to sleep the same way you usually do.

The first time I sleep somewhere, I always wake up super-early. Plus almost all my LDs are WBTBs, and I don’t WBTB when I’m on vacation. I think unfamiliar environments just put you in a different state of mind.

I am the same way… although I’ve been so depressed latlely its been a long time since i have LD 'd . And its making me so sad that…I…feel like crying! :cry: :sad:

Although I don’t vacation very often, the idea that you would suffer from a dryspell like that seems very likely to me. In your case, it’s probably due to the notion that you’re sleeping in an unfamiliar place, rather than your own bed, which I’m sure you know very well. :wink:

Hmm, maybe your motivation for LDing goes down when you’re on vacation (it happens to me sometimes)… I get so preoccupied with seeing stuff and doing stuff, and part of me starts thinking “I have time to get lucid when I get home, no need to worry about it now”. Maybe that’s just me though lol.

Very good points. Because at my lake, my bed is just uncomfortable and i can’t sleep in hotels because of the unfimiliarity. Sleep is so scattered because of it, so dreaming time would be low, and very drifty. When school starts I pick up alot of motivation so hopefullly it will come back soon! And wow…i know my bed so well and its my most coziest comfortable place ever!

I have completely different effects when leave my country… strangely i have more LDs because i dream people from my country (friends or parents) and recognize that it must be a dream because i’m not there!
(I was in London in the last days of July and i had 2 LDs in 10 days, never happened to me)

well i noticed that i am usually more excited in getting LDs when i leave the countries so i feel surprised when i wake up with little recall and no LD.

Maybe you’re doing more on vacation. I have noticed by myself if I’ve been very busy on a day and I’m tired I often recall less. Some vacations can be very exausted and so I have little recall.

Other vacations however give me great recall. Maybe it’s also because the place is so familiar to me that it feels like home :wink: I had more lucid dreams on my vacation than I have now. It were low lucid dreams but it were lucid dreams.

Another reason could be that you might do less on techniques when you’re on vacation. I recognise with myself that I do less with LDs when I’m on vacation. It’s not so much in my mind, when I’m away from here, so I do less RCs etc.