How to Choose Your Technique

I like the guide, but I’m unsure where I would fit in. I’m quite confident and motivated. I take quite a while to fall asleep but when I do MILD I find that I can’t keep my conciousness awake long enough to get to the barrier.

You don’t have to keep MILD up until you fall asleep. It helps if you can, but you do not have to. The longer you do keep MILD up, though, the more likely you probably are to have a lucid dream (this is straight from EWLD, I believe). This is something that can be worked on through practice.

When I want to LD, I normally do WBTB combined with MILD. But MILD is such a powerful technique that it alone is sometimes enough. Simply setting your intention to wake up in the middle of the night can get you up if you are well rested.

Oh, I’ll try that tonight. I may not be able to get up though since I can never get my body to get off my bed when I’m tired.

I was briefly taught how to LD last summer by my camp counselor, and the day after I got back, I went out and got LaBerge’s book. For the rest of the summer I tried and tried to do it, but I just couldn’t. Although I did have one short, very brief moment in which I was aware I was dreaming, I soon woke up and this was as far as I went. School started soon after this and I don’t want to say that I lost interest, but I didn’t have the time. Recently I’ve been trying to get back into it (keeping a dream journal, putting a reality check reminder on my cell phone, etc.) and I was just wondering if anyone can give me some tips for WILD, reality testing, and just making it happen in general. Thanks a lot.

im usually out within 5 mins, so im not sure WILD would be much good for me, i just go to bed and fall asleep so easily. WBTB would be good for me, cos i like going on the internet early in the morning :cheesy:]]

I’ve been following by this and ackk! :eek: Its alot of work. Im going to keep going at it but its almost as if when I forget it, things improve. Trying too hard can really mess things up I guess.

I fall asleep slowly (unless I’m really tired) and I’ve been trying WILD for a while.

There are many different techniques, some require more work than others. And you don’t need to, say, wo wbtb+MILD ever single night. Take a break here and there.

I’ve found that if I go a long time without practice, it can take a long time to catch up though. But RL always comes first, of course (as most of us understand without being told… but some people…)

I’m neither. :neutral:

Fall asleep fast. Highly Motivated.
Your key technique will probably be to perform WBTB. No need to stay up, because your motivation is enough to get you past the sleep barrier. Just wake up after 5-6 hours (probably 6) do MILD a few times and finish up with a WILD technique. Lucid dreaming, through practice, will likely become very easy for you. I’m jealous! :smile: Using the technique in the “fall asleep fast, less motivate” category ought to work out just as well for you, so check it out.

That’s me! :content:
I tried that even before reading it and I got an LD the second night!!

High motivation, takes a long time to fall asleep.

Hmm, I’ve been trying WILD but maybe I’ll switch to MILD. That’d probably work better for me. :smile: I’ll try tonight (one hour 'till I go sleep).

i would be fall asleep fast / low motivation. i am a druggie and honeslty am loooking for cooler and trippy dreams.

I fall asleep quickly unless I try WILD or VILD, and I feel my motivation is on the rise. Frankly, I’m not sure which technique to pick: It’d be important for me to reliably have lucid dreams, but I need to stay on schedule with my sleep and have had zero success with WILD so far.

:neutral: Um, some of these are difficult for me to try. Since I’m 15, I usually have school. So I don’t have too much time to try to wake up in the middle of the night. Even if I tried and set an alarm for in the middle of night, my parents are sleeping too and will be woken up every time. It just wont work. And I’m not sure if I’m a fast or slow sleeper. Sometimes it takes awhile to fall asleep while other times I sleep in what seems to be 5 sec. Depends on mood or stamina. So what would be the best tech for me? :help:

Yeah i’m highly motivated but i usually take ages to fall asleep, but depends.

The first time I saw this site I was super motivated but now im low motivated but still try every night.

Motivation is the key of LD’ing. If you’re no more motivated, wait and try later.

Thanks for the guide! I am a fast sleep/motivated. It is encouraging to know that I have a good chance of LD. I’ll keep trying these techniques! :wink:

This guide is really good! I am currently looking for some other techniqes to try since FILD and CALD havent got me LDs for ages. Since I am in the high motivation/slow sleeper catagory (at the moment at least :grin: ) Im going to try MILD (Ive never actually used it before) So thanx :content:

Wow, that’s really nice. :content: I also learnt something from it. Thanks!