The BIG VILD Topic - Part I

I have a question… if you need to imagine your reality checks to be successful when you repeat the dream in your mind, how the hell would you know once you really are in the dream?! since one way or another, your reality checks end up giving the same results… In the visualisation and the real dream…?

When you are visualising the RC’s you are visualising how they would be if you were dreaming. You do this after you have actually done the RC and it failed, i.e. you are not dreaming, so you know that you are not dreaming. Then you visualise how it would be if you were dreaming, so that if you are dreaming it will have a better chance of not working. You are basically letting your SC know how to let you know that you are dreaming. In the visualisation and the dream they should be the same.
Hope this helps
don

it works :smile:

the dream i incubated

completly white

one door

the words

“reality check”

written every where

I tried it but it was unsuccessful, but I think I was getting close… I Imagined myself in a white room, with a stargate and a DHD (those who already watched Stargate SG-1 or Stargate Atlantis should know what I mean) and a voice saying that in order to use the gate, I have to do a RC. Do the RC, realise that i’m in a dream and Dial-out, while i’m walking towards the gate I think of where I want to end up. then go through

This is what happened, I repeated it in my head for about 2 hours, after a while, I started seeing the gate as if it was in front of me under my eyelids(I don’t know if that’s an HI or what…) but nothing else, no room, no DHD… I was still hearing my fan in my room at that time (I tried not to focus on it’s sound though). I focused on the image I was seeing and kept repeating the setting in my head, Until my cellphone beeped and a friend of mine told me good night through Text Messaging :sad:… I do think this could work, I’d just need more practice…

I use VILD now because I have had a few LDs from it but not lots. I found out that I had been doing it wrong for a long time. My friend (who knew Pedro really well) has a book that Pedro had wrote. He still has it and it’s amazing. It had all his thoughts on the mind works and it had his full description of the VILD technique and I found out I was thinking about it wrong. His description of VILD was about 10 times longer than the massive post he wrote here! I think it was something like 20 pages long in the 100 page book. It wasn’t finished and my friend was only given it to read over and he was to give it back but he still had it when Pedro vanished.

Basically I had been thinking something that others had done too. If you keep seeing the scene over and over and eventually start dreaming then how will you know that this tiem it’s a dream… Well in his book he described it a lot better. All the info was pretty much just a more detailed version of what he wrote here so he went into the mechanics of the scene and explained something like this:

When you imagine the scene over and over you should not imagine this: You are in a room and someone asks you to do a RC and you do and become lucid.

What you should imagine is this: You are in a room and someone asks you to do a RC so you look around and think of a RC to try.

Pedro said he never ever actually did the RC when visualizing and he said that is the main difference between the people who can and cannot use VILD. In the visuablizing part he just imagines being asked to RC and then he starts the scene over. The difference bwteen the visualization and the dream is that when he gets asked to RC in the dream he will then look around and try to do a RC which makes him lucid. Well I read that and started thinking about it properly and still had no luck for a long time but now it’s given me more success than any other method. I’m really slow with LDs and have maybe 2 every month but now I sometimes get 4 or 5 (not very long ones yet though!).

I like to vizualize before sleep and it make me sleepy…I have tried all of the other techniques and they don’t really work for me, this one sounds amazing. This might be the best technique for me! Thank you. Post later on results!

There are a couple points about this technique that I think are perhaps more important than they are presented or normally thought of. The first one is reading before bed. I read of a study once (not sure where or by whom anymore) that people who read for a while before going to sleep tend to have more, longer, and more vivid dreams. Something about activating a certain part of the brain (imagination perhaps?). Seems to make sense to me.

The other point is the coke (caffeine) before bed. As this naturally makes one more alert and less likely to fall asleep, it would make sense that once you do fall asleep, your mind would stay more active. This, of course, can be tricky - too much caffeine and ( if you’re like me) you’ll be up all night.

I like this technique, though I have yet to make it work. What does work for me though is something similar. I lay back to sleep after waking up in the early morning and let my mind wander, trying to remember in the back of my mind that I’m dreaming. At some point I fall asleep and am dreaming. Sometimes I remember I’m dreaming and it’s lucid city. Other times I wake up later frusturated that I didn’t remember I was dreaming. I think this is much more like MILD but not quite (as described by LaBerge). I think It’s actually more like VILD without the critical part that makes VILD unique - the incubation of a particular dream that makes you do an RC.

when i tried VILD when first going to sleep, i lost my focus on the dream theme and ended wilding for the first time in my life… and when i try doing VILD when i wake up during the night i am to tired do focus at all, maybe for a minute or so… what do you think i should try working at? not wilding or staying focused with wbtb?

btw i havent had any lds yet, trying for two weeks now…

tnx!

To be decent at this you need to be able to VISUALISE well, and practise the visualisation every night to get it right. You need to keep it exactly the same too, which is really hard.

I did this one night (it was the first technique I tried! WOO for VILD!) and I inccubated this:

Me and a friend are standing (in a place in the playground in our school, but no point describing cause you lot wouldn’t know about it) and the weather is overcast, windy and seagulls are swooping aorund. Some dodgy geezers are walking straight toward us, they are about 100 metres away.

I do the nose RC and the hands one (check to see if hands are solid and have right amount of fingers). Then I say “get ready”.

What I dreamt:

I’m walking from the school to the place where I hang out at lunch. Some of the dodgy geezers are kicking a rugby ball at some people who are walking to hang aorund where I do. The weather is overcast and seagulls are swooping around (yeah!) and it is windy. One of the people pick up the rugby ball and kick it away.

And that was after one night of VILD! Just practice the same visualisation and you’ll get it!

@ chip9munk: you need to practice being focused. It’s hard at first but you’ll be able to do it before you know it!

Definitely trying this.

yeah, it’s awesome isn’t it? No sleep paralysis or anything!

I used to be able to choose what I wanted to dream about, just to visualise the setting. All I need to do is get that back, do some reality checks and away I go!

By the way, I’ve read that this works very well for some and very badly for others. Hope it works well for me, and for the rest of you for that matter!

Good luck everybody!

Definitely trying this! Gonna try this on going to sleep, and if it doesn’t work I’ll try a WBTB WILD later on.

Another good thing - no more need to WBTB !

Oh my god 8| all this has been out here on the internet for soon 3,5 years, and i haven’t looked at them before now.

Excellent way to describe! Feels so easy, and i’m definitly trying this method! =D

Trying this tonight! :happy:

I have a feeling this tech. will either work very well for me, or not work at all. Either way, I’ll try it every night for about a week. If it doesn’t get me lucid, hopefully it will intensify my dreams!

I’m gonna start trying this right away!

I’ve always tried to think of a single topic before i fall asleep (or else my thoughts wonder to things however unlikly that could end the world and i can’t fall asleep) I’ve never tried thinking the same thing over and over though i’m going to try this for a couple weeks for a while it doesn’t seem to take much effort either.

This technique seems brilliant :happy: Gonna steal Pedro’s dream-situation :razz: Wish me luck :wink:

good luck.

I need to get my dream recall up before attempting this again.

Could this be mixed with Autosuggetsion? I will dream about someone asking me to do a reality check (You imagine it happening)