How do you see the Hypnagogic hallucinations?

Sorry if this is an irrelevent topic but I couldn’t sate my curiosity.

When you WILD or have sleep paralysis and start seeing stuff, how do you see it in the dark? Does the object you see seem lit up or do you just see dark shapes? :confused:

I’ve never successfully WILDed before or reached the point where I see weird stuff and this was just a question that’s been bugging me.

It can be seen any way…totally up to the individual/circumstance.

If you dont see anything - try to imagine something yourself. Your mind will take over anything you give it at some point.

When it is dark and your eyes are closed, and you are relaxed, you will probably see flashing colors. Thats as far as I have seen, They become more flashy and prominent after time.

Its like this: When you look at the sun and then close your eyes, you see color. At least, that is what it is like for me. Good luck my friend :smile:

Mm. I haven’t seen anything with my eyes closed during WILD in a loooong time.

I remember when I first started, I used to see flashes of white… The only thing I see now is when I open my eyes. And the only thing I see then is that my door is open and there’s light outside…

I know how you feel…its frustrating. I sometimes see objects, eyes…flashes of white light in the corners of my eyes…thats about it for now. Im getting kind of lazy and just fall alseep…I guess thats half the reason why I dont experience anything more. :roll:

The best way I can explain true, full-on HI is like almost a faint dream, once you see them you will be in an “in-between” state between waking and sleeping. From my experience if you are 100% aware then you arent relaxed enough I almost have to go into a trance-like state to see them.

It’s not really seeing, it’s passively visualizing things. Don’t try to see with your eyes, but with your mind. Let your subconscious visualize for you.

Thats good advice. When I first started people didn’t really specify that I should unfocus my eyes and use my mind to visualize.

Oh sorry about the confusion, I was referring to when other people say they see creepy things in their room or the old hag syndrome.

How do they see the things, are they illuminated or do they just stand out from the darkness?

But thanks anyway for the great tips on WILDing I need all the help I can get. :content: