Just read about it = Questions xD

Okay, for 2 days ago a friend asked me: “Have you heard of Lucid-Dreaming?” and i found this page and read alot about it. It sounds amazing, but I’m very critical so I got some questions :wink:

1. I read about those reality-checks, that you should check if you were dreaming and such. And I were wondering; when you learn this Lucid-stuff, will that mean that sometimes you might think you’re awaken, but you’re actually not, and you’re still dreaming? Cause that sounds alittle scary to me :eek:

2. I could imagine when you’re having those Lucid-Dreams, then you’d do all kinds of strange movements in your bed :tongue: Am I right or wrong?

3. When you’ve learned Lucid-Dreaming, do you then automatically have Lucid Dreams, or is it like something you do when you have time and want to?

4. I’ve read alot about those methodes to get Lucid-Dreams, but don’t you have to do something to like “start it up”? It’s something I wanna try, cause why not have fun when you’re sleeping :content: But I don’t really know how to start.

Can’t think of more questions right now… Hope I didn’t ask the same “noob” questions like everyone els :razz:
I’d also really like to hear from someone (must be most of this forum) who has experienced this thing, cause I’m kinda confused about the whole point.

Hope you can help me.
Thank you in advance.

Well, in dreams you are always thinking that this is reality, even if tomatos will talk to you. Until you realize that you are dreaming.

No. Read about SP - while dreaming your real body dont move. Sometimes it mirrors in dreams in “Nightmare, someone chases you, but you cant run” type.

Well, that depends of person. Some of people has 3 LDs in year, while doing methods every night. Some have lucids every night. And you cant learn lucid dreaming - not always you will be able to recogenize that you are dreaming. And mostly while lying in bed i have nothing to do, so why not to try MILD ?

Well, there is a lot of useful tips onld4all.com , methods and everything.

In mostly of my LD’s in middle of dream i do weird thing, like jump from high building, land on ground like nothing happened, then :

“wait isnt that weird ?” RC “Wow, i have 14,3333 fingers, i am dreaming i can do everything”

And then i am flying, controlling everything near me, fighting etc.

Hope we can help you :tongue:

Wow thanks ^^

I just read some of those Dream-Logs and such (also from DeadDuck ^^) and i read about how you’re dreaming and going into lucid when you realize it’s only a dream. Well, it confuses me a bit, cause I wouldn’t say i really “dream” like it appears you do. It’s more like; i fall asleep, I wake up and MAYBE I can remember a blurred thing (a dream). But it appears that when you’re dreaming, you’re kinda getting throwed into another world where there is some kind of story-line, and everything seams realistic. I’ve only had ONE dream years back where I really felt I were in the dream. :confused: Is that normal? Is it because I should get more sleep every night? Recently I don’t really dream at all.
It’s a thing I’ve thought about for some time, and now when I’m here with “pr0-dreamers” I thought it would be a good question xD

I’ll leave someone learned to respond to most of that but everyone dreams… it’s just that not everyone remembers it. I think if you’re getting 4 or more hours of uninterrupted sleep then you should have a dream time thing every night.

alrighty. A start up guide.

oh, and you dream a half a dozen times a night. every night. Dream recall for most people is just nonexistent. Easy to fix, don’t worry :content:

Dream journal. (DJ)
reality checks. (RC)
relaxation.
big technique.(MILD, WILD, WBTB, VILD, ect.)

If you have these four, you’ll progress and become a lucid dreamer.

so, first and foremost, you need to improve dream recall. This step is imperative. How can you control dreams that you have no recollection of having? haha, you can’t.

second. RC. Reality checks are the greatest tool you could hope for, and must become part of your daily activities. They are simple, and will improve your chances of lucidity by massive amounts. when doing them, be sure to really ask, “am I dreaming?” to find out, do one or two of the following.

1. hand RC. look at your hands, and count your fingers. Dream hands are usually messed up in some way (too many fingers, hands glowing, ect.)
  2. nose plug. Pinch your nose closed and try and breath through it. In dreams, you can breath through it.
  3. Written material RC. Look at a clock or words, look away and then read it again. In dreams, printed material will most likely change (if you read it three times, it will almost always change).

There are quite a few more, but these will do for now.
three. Relaxation is important. Stress kills dream recall, makes you less focused, and just turns the whole experience negative. Just relax and be patient, and LDs will come.

Last, choose a big technique. Look them up yourself. The three most popular are MILD, WILD, and WBTB.

There you have it. Do more research on your own, there are tons of posts on this site to help beginners with almost any question imaginable.

Now to the exciting part! Okay I think I’m gonna get late for school because of this, but whatever xD

Last night, i did that mindclearing thing, i focused on counting my breaths and such, then i fell asleep doing it. And I had the most clear dream for … years! Don’t wanna tell the dream right now, but it ended up with i got robbed by a naked man in a crappy hotel (it was kinda scary, no matter how stupid it sounds xD) then i wanted to run home, cause i were a bit scared. Then while i were running in the dark, suddenly i stopped with a spotlight on me, and i said: “this is a fuckin dream!” and all the dark dissapeared. Then i suddenly could controll ALL my actions. And i started flying :happy: First i got a bit scared by seeing how fast i got above the trees, but i just told myself it was a dream. Then i flied over a big park with water fontains and it was all very nice, then i woke up. Oh oh i nearly forgot the most important part! Before the dream, i woke up at 5:00! I thought it was 6:10 so i stood up and i think i walked around a bit. Then i went back to sleep (did that breathe thing again), and then i got the dream. I’ve never felt like that when i were sleeping, and i could remember it all when i woke up. Well!!! :happy:

So that’s success on the 4th day? That’s good! And you didn’t wake up immediately, and you could fly on the first try. That’s very good. Congratulations!

Then you must be THE ONE… :bow:

jk :content:

thats very good for 4 nights of practicing