Working out

:cool_laugh: I have the same exact routine as you! :woot: Other than the list of none, at least I go for the occasional walk. :shrug:

I don’t even watch my weight all that much to begin with; at least I still somehow manage to look good. :confused:

I only check mine when I can visibly see myself getting fatter. :razz: I love my food, so I eat a lot, but I have a “panic” weight of 57 kilograms (normally I weigh 54 or 55) - whenever I hit that, I cut down on meals until I lose the weight. I figure it’s better to prevent getting fat than to wait until it’s actually there.

Speaking of which, I just hit 57 again today, so it looks like it’s diet time! :content:

Eat minimal amounts of eat, minimal amounts of cheese and dairy, drink low fat milk and take out things like ham and salami from your sandwiches

eat more vegetablse and greens, pasta is OK but be careful as it often has lots of fatty ingrediants, Rice is GREAT,

And do some excercise,… it works :smile:

Ah thanks for all the replies! The all came in a matter of like; a day and a half?

I suppose I didn’t clarify huh?
I am thin; But I also lack alot of muscle. I want to work on definition, and gaining some muscle, but not a whole lot. Just enough to hold my body weight very well in many different positions.

Thanks for all the replies!

54 ? :eek:

Thats 1/2 of what i weigh :help:

My exercise is Le Parkour.

In fact, parkour is the reason I haven’t been on the internet much in the last few months. Instead, I’ve been climbing on monkey bars and leaping over picnic tables.

Fun :tongue:

I find that eating rice regularly actually puts on the weight. It’s all carbohydrates. I gained four kilos in Japan in four months (pretty drastic weight gain for me), and I mostly blame it on all the rice I ate. I had rice for lunch and dinner every day, and rice in my snacks - sometimes even rice for breakfast! Japanese food is so healthy that there was little else it could have been! (It was so good, though, that rice. Mmmm!)

PS: Day one of diet went well - I’ve already lost 800 grams so far!

You really need to eat healthy fats (most people panic from fats including healthy oils like fish oils and olive oils etc and as a result ahve eevn mroe unbalanced nutrition and put on mroe fat)
Also eat more protein , protein is great because usually if your body doesn’t need it it will flush it out for protein to become fat it can take up to 50% of the calories in it , and ovioualy the body is madeo ut of protein therefore the more you eat the better (That myth about kidnes is yet another false roumor)Untrained people should eat about 0.5-8 g per pound and trainees should eat anything from a pound per pound a day to three pounds depends on what are thier activities , bodybuilding and other high intensity activities need oviously bigger protein boost.
also meal timing amount of calories , vitamins , minerals , fiber and even types of protein and carbs the person doing it (You can only give harmfull presice deiting guideliens on the internet because of this)

therefore that dude who gave the advice about not eating dairy and eating grains etc this advice is really invalid and should not be practiced ,

also about rice… uhh rice is pure carbonhydrate with medium GI , eating lots of it can fatten you up but you can add it to any meal that you want to eat carbs on like breakfast till anythign you eat before 6pm

(By the way for any person 6 meals is a recomended medium 4 meals is the minumum and people looking to either gain muscle and even leand down and take effort into it 10 meals are reccomended by some oviously or proportionate size for most people that means what they already eat since I see many people eating as if they liev in a 3rd world nation and eblivign that eating anything more then 2000 calories is what going to make them fat)

also a very valid advice here sicne it’s a lucid dreaing forum eat you heaviest meals on dinner , ever heard of the word food coma? well that’sa very good way to induce good sleep basicly you eat 0 carb fat+protein meal like fish a salad with olive oil and some dairy(by the day dairy is excelent at night because it’s made of casein protein)
will make you sleepy very fast and will not make you hyper active with mood swings like carbonhydrates do.

oh and also NEVER EVER workout at night or 4~ hours before sleep if you want good sleep

wah that was long… anyawy I hope people find soem usefull advice here although diet should have it’s own thread.

Go treeplanting… although this will probably ruin your body.

oh boy.
Workout
I have muay thai 2 days a week. I work there for 1 1/2 hours, doing all sorts of different things. Lots of heavy bag work, strength training, and some sparring usually.

On saturday morning I go there for open workout thingy, where my friend and I usually practice blocks and some simple sparring for 30 minutes, and then do strength and bag work for another hour.

On friday I condition my legs and fists, which hurts a bit but is worth it in the long run. I kick a tree until my legs are hurt, and then do punch combos on it (wearing good bag gloves, of course) This all will make my bones and muscles more resistant to damage taken in the ring. I’d not suggest you do this unless you plan on fighting, as it’s not the most pleasant thing to do :shy:

Diet

As for food, I eat a lot :razz: These are all in my house usually, so I eat mass quantities of them :grin:
Lots of carbs: bagels, sandwiches, pasta, rice, ect.
Protein: I eat an obscene amount of cottage cheese.
meat: chicken, turkey and tilapia mostly
Fruit: tons! sooo good! kiwi, apples, strawberries, pineapple, watermelon, oranges, grapes, bananas, berries of all colors. and many more exotic varieties.
Drinks: water (best drink ever) Pom, milk, orange juice, and some teas.

I really don’t have a diet, I just avoid foods that are obviously bad (fastfood and soda)

If you want to build muscle, go with high protein and high carbs. Drink tons of water (believe me, it’s a magic potion, I drink 3 liters a day) and work out about three days a week. You can do more, but recovery is more important than amount you workout. If you are sore, do not work that muscle, as it will only negate the previous workout, and leave you with less mass than when you started.

Phew, hands hurt from typing :razz:

PS - multivitamins are great, I love them dearly :grin:

I’d say drinking up to 6 liters is the minumum 3liters might be enough only if you live in a conditioned room all day and in rather cold weather , even so you should rink a lot to flush toxins out of the body…

6 liters is actually the water overdose ammount. (I’m dead serious here. :tongue:) Check the article on it.

It also stand in the article that it all boils down to how much you sweat.

(So I should drink much to be in danger;) )

in this case I should be dead from water overdose each day for the last few years and so many other people

I was hitting the weights a good deal during most of this year to add some more muscle but now I have a routine focused around cardio and endurance. I usually run a couple miles a few times a week, do some non-impact boxing/kickboxing with weighted gear, occasionally use the bag if I need to get some stress out, then I round it out with some heavy cardio workouts with free weights and whatnot. But I do take every second day off to recover. When it comes to my diet I can usually get away with eating the way I want to since I’m what is known as a ‘hardgainer’. That’s about it I guess, other than that I just take my vitamins and get plenty of sleep at night. :content:

A workout routine I ahve posted in a bodyweight training forum for the upper body:

For cardio I reccomend Striders , rowing , jump rope and swimming , because they take all the body instead of running on a threadmill which only works the legs

my personal favorite is jumping rope with dubble unders or tripple unders and or heavy dumbells \ bands that make it harder and need more strength to perform the movement of the arms it’s awesome!

Oh and the routine text was white =\ so you need to highlight it to read it!

Eating often is very good no matter what, during weekdays I eat 7 times/day but smallish amounts. Right now I’m eating 2800 kcal and I’m only 60 kg and the past month I’ve gained 3 kg from 57 to 60 and apparently with no fat gain :grin: But part of that is from creatine though. And 30% of the calories I eat come from fat. And 30% from protein and most of that comes from crushed soy beans.

I do basic compound exercises and not too many in total and for few sets. And I also increase the weights I use weekly, I believe that’s important for growth.

day 1: abs, bent over rows, pullups, deadlift
day 2: dips, dumbell flyes, upright rows, military press.

And I do that 2 times weekly.
I do 1 set on most ones and I only do so many reps that I can fully complete the last one but not another complete one.

The truth about soy:
t-nation.com/findArticle.do? … 302poison2

…actually many goverment agencies soy companies and vegans try to dismiss all of this by invenging some imaginary reserch amde that disprooves it but I couldn’t find one yet

My number one tip to working out is. Motivation, and the best way to get that motivation is. Find a friend that wants to or that already works out. And join up with him, working out in pairs make the whole thing seem … fun. Make sure you dont talk to much. But the two of you can motivate eachother and it works in a good cycle.