i need to get this off my chest... (game dreams)

Well, recently I haven’t had a lot of game dreams. I have, however, had a couple dreams about a game system, so I guess that would count. :tongue:

I used to have a lot of dreams about Morrowind and Oblivion… If you check old entries of my DJ you’ll some stuff. Also, I usually have dreams with “Life” bars and such, like in games.

Well, during one week when I had an obsession with Minesweeper, I suffered Minesweeper dreams for the whole week, exactly like the real game, except neverending and mindnumbingly dull. I quickly learnt not to play Minesweeper anymore after that. :razz:

While I get game-like dreams quite often, they’re very rarely based on an actual video game. The only exception I can remember is one that was obviously based on Shadows of Amn, but that was the only time. Oh, and I seem to recall the orange spiky creatures from Final Fantasy 8 once made a brief appearance, too, though the rest of that dream had nothing to do with games.

If anyone else got addicted to World of Warcraft at anytime of their life… it completely overpowers your dreams, hah. I’m a fully recovered addict from this overwhelmingly addicting game… at least until the expansion comes out haha, keep me away!

I use to see Infantry (the only good online game Sony ever made, so good people actually still play it!) whenever I closed my eyes, likely from a two year addiction though :razz:

I get video game dreams such as Final Fantasy, or eh, Grand Theft Auto >_> But playing as you in a world where you are actually in the game is pretty thrilling. I wish I had them more often :content:

All I ever dream about is games and TV shows. It’s like the core of my dreamworld…

I just had a WoW dream last night! I was at a city with all these dragon things out front. They were extremely high level elites and I was only level 14. I was on a quest to find all these missing people. The dragons walk outside and I follow them and find out these two people kidnapped everone! Dun-dun-duun. Then I had to duel them with guns. They were both hunters and one was level 12 and the other was level 60. I knew I would die but I fought anyway. Then just near the end, I was saved by alevel 60 night elf with an owl who killed everyone (except me)! :happy: How lucky am I?

You and me both mate. You and me both.

My girlfriend called me at 4 in the morning once when I was asleep. She was worried about some noises she was hearing outside her house. My reply? “……don’t worry, I’m a warlock, i’ll just summon you…”, then I hung up and went back to sleep.

You can imagine how pleased she was in the morning :smile:

I just had an Elder Scrolls Oblivion dream tonight.

I have had Unreal Tourney and Quake 2 dreams, and Descent dreams. (I had a weapon selection hud from UT:GOTY edition in one dream, and was holding a rocket launcher in another, with the gun on the “screen”)

I dont enjoy game dreams at all. I also very rarely seem to get lucid in these dreams and they seem less realistic than normal dreams. Is like i am still playing the game, but being inside it. It does not hurt if i get hit and if i die i just respawn just like a normal game…

I never have game dreams where there is an HP gauge ect., but the characters from the video games are all there. I remember this final fantasy dream and it had all the main characters and we were searching for Sephiroth.
It was weird, nobody acted like themselves.

I don’t get many game dreams even tough I’m addicted to it :razz:. The game dreams I most have are some mix of I playing the game and, at the same time, being in the game, very confusing xD

(Legend Of Zelda: OOT is pretty damn good! The best game ever for N64! I’d really like to dream on that, but facing Ganon may really be a nightmare XD)

I had a dream about Gunz too,also Final Fantasy III on the ds.

I always have dreams involving games, movies, music, books, etc., that I’m obsessed with at the moment…

It fun, though, because I get to live my favorite things.
Like Phantom of the Opera.

:content:

I sometimes have gaming components in my dreams, like a color-coded vectored-out minimap or a health meter.

for the last couple of weeks I’ve been having Supreme Commander dreams interspersed with liberal doses of transformers.

Video game dreams are common. Dreaming is when your mind integrates what you’ve learned throughout the day into a cohesive neural system. So if you’ve spent a good portion of the day thinking about a particular thing, there is a good chance it will recurr in a dream. Competitive gamers and MMO gamers experience this a lot, as they spend lots of time and/or mental activity on a particular game.

What I find interesting is that every now and then I’ll dream that I’m playing a game with an old friend. But he always seems to be the real deal rather than just another dream character.

I will also occasionally have a dream about a groundbreaking game that nobody could possibly program. These groundbreaking games are usually mixed genres, or extremely elaborate versions of existing games. For example, earlier this year I dreamed I was playing a game the size of Guild Wars, but with gameplay mechanics similar to a combination of Champions of Norrath and Hunter the Reckoning: Redeemer. Unfortunately, such a game probably won’t exist any time soon due to hardware limitations, mostly related to bandwidth usage in relation to twitch timing necessary to play such a game.

When I go to sleep I have images of the video game that I was playing a lot going through my head.
There was a research done by a Robert Stickgold of Harvard Medical School. In this research he took two groups of people. One group were amnesiacs. The other group was normal people. He had both groups play the game Tetris all day. (You know, the old game where blocks are falling and you have to tilt them so the slide together like a puzzle.) At night the amnesiacs didn’t remember playing the game, but they did describe seeing falling, rotating blocks as they were falling asleep. The other group of normal people reported seeing the same images. The research concluded that some dreams are from a type of memory called “implicit memories”, which are the same kind of memories that amnesiacs have, they are memories that you dont even remember having.
:om:

Lately I’ve been having a bunch of game-related dreams, especially ones that have to do with the Paper Mario series. I LOVE those games, and lately they’re nearly all I’ve been dreaming about. One dream I had was where I became Mario and could flip dimensions and stuff (you probably only understand this if you’ve ever played Super Paper Mario)…it was really cool!

Haha, I have such geeky dreams. :user: :mrgreen: