LD4all Quest #12: Self-Existing Moon:Tickle your taste buds!

LD4all Quest #12: Self-Existing Moon: Tickle your taste buds
Author: pasQuale

Each moon, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

13 Moon Calendar

Click to see this moon’s calendar

Click here to view or order a copy of our 13 Moon Synchronometer, for the Red Magnetic Moon Year (July 26, 2006 - July 25, 2007)
The 13 Moon Calendar presents a new way of creating our time and how we share it with others, based around the simple, natural rhythm of 13 Moons of 28 Days. Additional information about the movement is available at the home of the World Thirteen Moon Calendar Change Peace Movement.

Tickle your taste buds
Suggested by Painocus (eat dreamfood) & Q (eat dreamscape)

The joys of dreamfood! In this Quest you are going to eat the best your dreamworld cuisine has to offer you. You can try to eat things you like IRL, or try some really disgusting or strange things, to see what they taste like. For example, eat the dreamscape.

Suggestions:[b]* if you eat something you have never eaten before IRL, and it exists IRL, try eating the same thing IRL to compare the taste.

• Eat something you know IRL and compare the taste
  • Eat unknown dreamfood
  • Eat the dreamscape
  • You may eat persons as well :tongue:
  • if you get a dish or combination of foods you have never thought of IRL, see if you know the recipy in your dream. Re-create it IRL and taste it
  • You can also try out a dream recipe, try to see what you can come up with, and maybe try it out IRL as well
    [/b]
    To get to your food, here are some ideas:[b]* enter a restaurant and order the dream special of the night
  • Take a dreamcandy out of your pockets.
  • Go to a garden, pick something of a tree
  • Expect a table laden with food behind a door
  • Enter a kitchen and cook it yourself
  • just yell: “food!”
    [/b]
    Preparations/Incubation
    Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):
  • Set your mind for this Quest
  • Decide what you are going to do to find / get your food

good luck on your Quest everyone! :dream:

Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic :smile:

last but not least: have fun everyone! :happy:

:peek: note: self-existing moon is from october 18 to november 14.

Now, I have done this one yesterday night. I already had written this Quest and became lucid in a FA. I remembered the Quest and I decided to take a bite out of my blanket-covering (dutch: dekbedovertrek) and it tasted probably like it would IRL :tongue: Not going to try that.

Interesting sidenote, it gave me a throat ache in the dream, and when I woke up I had a sore throat.

My wishes came true… :ebil:

I hope that DCs wont taste like real persons :eek:

Oh, dang it! I completed last moon’s quest weeks ago, and I never got around to posting it. Luckily, I also completed this moon’s quest in the same dream. That’s just how much of a great dreamer I am. :cool:

I’ll have the eating part posted today, but the part about last moon’s quest might have to wait.

well, technically you haven’t completed it since you weren’t aware of the Quest :tongue:

So in order to complete the quest you have to have another LD and eat some food :smile: The other one was a practice run :wink:

I know some people who have already eaten things in their dreams, even cooked food ( :wave: bruno ), but it’s the Quest now, so those dreams don’t count :ebil:

What? This is an outrage! Please! Just let me post it, with a disclaimer that this is mearely an example for those who are confused, not really part of the quest. :tongue:

[color=#cc3333][size=100]Disclaimer: This wasn’t a Quest completion, but it could have been. This is just an example of what a Quest dream should look like.[/size][/color]

:ebil:

Darn, I thought I could have completed this too. I also have eaten and cooked dream food. Everything tasted VERY sugary. Luckily for me I LOVE the taste of sugar.

Oh man, so my other dreams don’t count? Oh well. I’m definately doing this when I get another LD!
My target being BB of course. We can have a race and see who eats the other first! :ebil:

This has been a crazy month! Then again, things never seem to get less busy, so maybe life itself is crazy?

I haven’t been doing my techniques and my LDing has suffered greatly. But, there’s a new quest!

Therefore, I must eat!!!

Hm. I tried this last night. I ate a door lock. Well, more like stuck it in my mouth to see how it tasted. It kinda melted through my tongue and was extremely bland. It tasted like uncooked dough without the texture, I think. It got stuck in my mouth and I had a hard time spitting it out…

I had some Cool(er) Ranch Dorritos last night! I was in a bar and grabbed a handfull of them out of a small bowl, they tasted exactly as they do in RL, but they had a nasty aftertaste, like somebody had spilled alcohol on them. :yuck:

Mm. That sounds good. [/verbal irony]

I tasted a burger last night. It tasted juicy, but dry. That is, it packed a lot of taste. And it wasn’t fattening! Yay!

cool results MatrixManNe0 and 0Haku0! :happy:

darn, i dreamt of delicious cookies and candy last night but it was a ND and I never thought of tasting it :meh:

I tried a chocolate shaped like a cat last night because of a halloween theme dream. It tastes exactly the way it did in real life! So I kept eating. ^^

EDIT: That means I completed Sealife’s Quest too!

Yay! I achieved lucidity for the first time last night but only got one thing done… the summoning of my Information Center. Unfortunately for me that wasn’t on my list at all. =0(

Anyhow, I’m going to go over this again several times just before I go into my dream cycles tonight. I’m going to do it! This will be great! cavorts around crazily

This sounds very fun, I’m going to try to attempt this soon hopefully ^^

will post results soon…

I did it!!! :cool_laugh:
Lucky I can’t get fat in dreams…
Last night I drank the best milkshake ever, ate a tiny cake (ok, maybe many tiny cakes) and tried err… You know that weird cream, before you bake the cake? It didn’t really taste like RL but it was still yummy!! :grin:

This is something I want to try. Eating a wall has been on my list for a long time. I hope I get lucid soon. :cool_laugh:

BlissfulBlues, DC’s hair!!! Yuck! LOL. Didn’t it like get stuck in your throat? You know, like cats and furballs…

OK… last night I ate some sort of pasta.
I know exactly how it tastes in RL but in my dream it tasted like chicken… :happy:
It was a strange feeling… Eating something, and knowing that it should taste different, but I kept eating until I ate it all :cool:

My experience:

tastelessness goneth

I kid, I kid.
Although, I have eaten, in a ND =[ . I recall it being exactly like normal food.