A diary to be used by all... The Nightmare Diary

i have this very odd nightmare that is recurring throughout my dreamlife. It’s a bungalow on a farm. actuallly, well, its a bungalow thats a farm, but its also situated right on a main road, at a T-junction, and its surrounded by corn fields.
I enter the house with my family, its night time, the lights are all off and it looks like my house inside. Under the table in the kitchen, there is a big Black Panther, and im not even afraid of Panthers!? maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me something? The house sets on fire due to a bomb? the place burns down and only I escape. That’s the main part of the dream, but also, sometimes when i have the nightmare, bits are added, but those could possibly be one dream fading into another.

Back ground info.
I was on my old farm that I grew up on (For the first 12 years of my life) and naturally since Im a farm boy, I play in the barn. The same barn when I was young decieded that I would smash all the windows. (Seemed like a good idea at the time…)

The nightmare that I recall was:
I was going into the barn to play in the upper part, and I slide the door and close it behind me so nobosy knew I was inside. Theres a long corridor that I have to walk down to get to the ladder. And I see a light on the ground, we leave it there for the cats and kittens. Thats the only thing I can see, its pitch dark out also.
I look up and I see my dad sitting on a square bail, wearing his old blue housecoat hes sitting with his legs crossed and his hands sitting in his lap. I look at his face its pure green, red eyes, stiches all over his face decaying all way. I started to run since the door was far behind me. I ran towards it, but its like I couldnt get to it, screaming I look back, he was running after me and gaining. I run faster and couldnt find the door, it was a never ending hallway. I look back and he give a blood curling shreak. Grabs onto me…

I woke up right there, hot, sweating and panting. This doesnt seem like a nightmare, but my dad only died a year earlyer…
Only one person (Now this community) knows about that story, which I only told 4 years later.

I have had LOTS of nightmares when I was young, more than dreams. My first nightmare was about me in my old home, in the basement which is were we lived. When outside the front door, it kind of went downhill. At the bottom were some trashcans. Now to the dream. I was playing LEGO near the front door (which was open) when my LEGO’s broke to pieces. One of them went outside. When I went to pick up the piece, I went down the ramp like a slide and landed in the trash cans when a HUGE amount of rats dragged me in the darkness and ate me. Then I woke up.

Most scarry dreams i had were actualy more strange ,scarry stuff then usual monster,zombie,chase dreams because those dreams dont scare me enough to care.

some short info:

The DOG:
I am walking trough some abandoned army test poligon,big hangars,burned out planes and burned test dummies.sky is grey
and i am alone.I turn around and near some garage comes out
an old dark-grey looking dog. i look at him and he looks at me.
suddenly he starts to smile like he tries supress laugh.(his eyes were like saying:what s the trouble,nothing makes sense after all!!)…then he starts to laugh out of control,his laugh voice was adult human mail voice.and i start to laugh with him,like we were old drunk friends.Then i woke up ,scared like …!!

i dream i walk towards my apartment door,and in front of my door there is a dog(from real life that lives in my hood),lying and looking at me.i start to pet him and saying bla,bla things you say to dog like you say to little kids.but dog just put his
head on my knees and started to cry and shake like (again)
adult mail human does,the voice ,body moving,the same…
Later i had once or twice a dream about crying dogs…
Hated it…

DC -s i cant look at:
those are dreams i dont know how to explain.the scarry persons catches me and i am crying like i have done something
forbidden.the person is weary close to me saying something
with gentle voice ,and i cant look up becouse i know that the face is ,well something i am not ready to see.
I think this person is same person that from time to time
jumps in normal not to remember dreams,and just waits for me to notice him,AND WHEN I NOTICE!!!

WOOD monster or witch:
when i dream i am in woods,i get same feeling like i had in time i experimented with mushrooms and acid.
Driving troug the woods and see a rose,feary kind of light.
it is night,and i am in a car with friend.we both are scared seeing that light and i start to drive faster and faster,then chrash and fall out of car.i start to run feeling the presence of evil.suddenly i am not me annymore,but looking at me being eaten by big rose colored glowing monster.then dream turned to another dream where i was a thief(ha,ha,ha).now that i remember,monster was more like big teddy bear.not so scarry i supose?

If you don’t think teddybears are scary you need to watch Akira. :cool:

last night i dreamt i was stood with some friends outside one of the entrances to my school and (i dont meen to be mean here) a wierd girl from my school walked past and she had one of those symbols with a circle and a star (like off blair witch maybe?) scratched into the top of her back.

When i saw this, i said “Oh my god!” pretty loud and she heard it and came chasing after me around the school yard and she wouldnt stop so i turned around and ended up getting her in a headlock and she sort of fell on her neck and it looked really twisted. I was really scared that i had killed her. At this point, i noticed she was a sort of cross between 2 girls i know.
I woke up sweating and scared. Ive not had a nightmare in ages so i’ll put it down to me watching “10 Rillington Place” (really creepy film based on a true story) before bed.

Not a very recent dream, but I woke up crying. It wasn’t really a scary dream, just very sad:

I came home (which isn’t my house in real life, btw) from a friend, where I slept the night before (False memory), but I didn’t tell my parents I would sleep over. I came home, and I expected my mother to be very angry. But something else happened. I came home and she was in a jacket and had a bag all packed, like she was going somewhere. She looked so very sad and disappointed. It just looked like she just gave up on me. She said “Goodbye, Moos…” and left. I knew that I would never see her again, so I ran after her, screaming “I’m so sorry!” But when I came in the street, she was gone, nowhere to be seen. Somehow I knew that from that point I would be alone in the world. Then I woke up.

I think I have never felt so horrible and sad as then. I went out of bed, and to my mom, who was luckily just reading in the living room. I gave her a huge hug and I was happy again. My day was great afterwards.

I think there is a moral behind this. Really cherish the one you love. Don’t take those things for granted.

Wow, writing this thing down gets me sad again :sad:

I had a very gruesome nightmare last night:

~

Background dream before the nightmare:

I was a mother and argued often with my husband till we got divorced. I left our home, because he wanted to kill me.

Actual nightmare:

I am going through a city and in some distance there is a woman standing on a tall building. I scream, fall to the ground and then she jumps. Somehow her head got seperated from her body and landed on top of me. I reach with my right hand in direction to my head and feel blood. It’s really gruesome. I don’t want to move, but my Ex is coming to kill me.

~

That dream was really disturbing :crying: . After I woke up I was really afraid of moving my head and feeling the blood of the woman. “urgh”

The grossest nightmares I’ve ever had are the ones with insects in them… the worst one I’ve had was when this old man had five of these fat red beetle-things land on his face and then sting him, leaving five craters in his skin. His head then deflated like a balloon as his dead body collapsed to the ground.

Later on it showed two people looking at the old man’s body, which now had three huge, slime-coated holes in it’s torso. “What are they doing?” One person said.
“They’re building a hive.”
That’s when the dream zoomed into the man’s corpse, showing his organs and bones covered with green slime, crawling with red beetles as their hungry larva bored holes into his guts… I didn’t want to sleep for days after that.

I’ve had really bad nightmares for years so much to the fact I’m use to them. When I LD, it gives me a chance to contront my nightmares straight on. Here’s a typical nightmare of mine:

(WARNING! May be too graphic for some readers)
strictly R-Rating

I was down at of this hole (like a wishing well) looking up as I could see some light. I tried calling up the hole, but I couldn’t. When I looked down I saw nothing. I heard whispers in the dark of some demonic spirits saying they want to cut of my sexual parts. As I had my arm in the wall climbing up halfway I saw a claw come out and stab my arm clearly into the wall. I looked down the hole and I saw a friend of mine in a puddle getting raped and choked by a black demonic figure, no details. I soon heard growl as mud soon went into my throart choking myself. I felt so sick and miserable as it felt so real as sureal it was. I coughed up blood and ran up the hole as soon a dozen demons, creatures, snakes grabbed my body touching me everywhere. One small demon teased me stabbing the eye out of my head. I was blind in one eye. The girl demon soon made me chew and swallow my own eye. They tried possessing me. I soon gave up and fell, as I was dragged down into the depths of the hole burned alive in my skin placed naked nailed to the wooden board in hell. Soon these demon creatures with smiles stabbed me everywhere with these little needles, even in my groin. The experience was not only nightmare, but painfully real.

I had this nightmare, I remembered some of it when I woke up, but it was more like a terrifying feeling than a dream. I think I was walking down my stairs (IRL, sleepwalking or something), I went up to my room again. After some seconds I realized I was dreaming.
I relaxed, looked around in room (completly dark), and then I heard my computer (it’s on 24/7), the sound got larger and larger… I felt like my head were going to burst, I then got up, and drank some water, and went to bed again.

I was sure my nightmare was scary but after reading 7regrets nightmare… :eek: If hell existed, it’d look way better than that.

uh… :bored:
That was today’s one, bit crappy, but it was weird.

[ND]I was at dark room. At first i was waiting, but later i tried to get out of there. Then everything started to shake. Near doors was somethnig fuzzy ,like a shape of someone. When i came closer, it was a gray fog with priest’s clotches on it. It had no head, but on places where eye would be, it was a green glow.

Before sleeping, i was thinking that i should resists bad ones in dream. So… I jumped at it with fists (ROFL). When i touched (attacked ?) it, i felt bit like in OoBE (I’ve never experienced it) - i felt that i am slowly floating over my lying down body.

I found myself outside of that room. But some thingys like first one was here , everyone started to strangle me , and after some time they dissappeared. I was scared, and i started to pray.[com]Im not too religious IRL[/com] But they were still here. I waked up then.[/ND]

And - i think - worst one - two part nighmare. In one of them i was even lucid.

First (not lucid) part:

I was standing near window in my room with some guy. It looked unbeliveable realistic. Down there i saw my mother and another guy, in car. But then a lot of cars was there. It was a giantic collision. Drivers came out of their cars, and started to fight with theirselves. But that was not a normal fight - some of them was using a picks, other ones a shovel, etc.

I looked at guy standing near me. He was looking at it, like he was proud of that, or he was absorbing their anger. I looked at his hand - he had a hammer or something in that shape. I was really scared, he was a few meters from me. I realized that i am dreaming - i wanted to get lucid in my nighmares. But i was too scared to do anything. I thinked “Dont look at me , go away, dont look at me, go away!”. I was too scared to say it loudly. But he didnt made anything. Then he looked at me, and i waked up.

I waked up, deadly scared, i heard also breathing after waking up :eek: . Weird, isn’t it ?

Some time after it i had that dream:

I just waked up. It was still night. At first it was too dark, to make a rc. After a while, my eyes saw enough to say that i had 7 fingers. “A next great lucid dream ?” :tongue: i was wrong. I opened window, and saw scene from that nighmare. Everything looked in same way, but instead of fighting, those people were looking at me, like they were waiting, or like i could command them.

I thinked what would i see if i look back, and that was too much for me. I decided to wake up, luckly it worked.

What would i see if i look back then ? Maybe myself, scared to death, maybe the other guy. Or maybe something i would not want to watch.

I had a ‘lucid nightmare’ last night which terrified me at the time - now it seems such strange thing to be afraid of:

I am in the back garden of my childhood home, standing by the raspberry canes which grow up against a trellis. I suddenly become scared of ‘something’, but there is nothing specific. I freeze, too scared to move. The only thing I move now is my eyes. I don’t want to look up, but I feel my eyes being drawn upwards. Then I see what I am so afraid of seeing. It is a rabbit’s drinking bottle (the type you can attach to the hutch wire). Instead of being filled with water, it is filled with fresh blood.
It is not the blood that scares me, but the fact that I know that what I am looking at is not real. I stare at it, knowing I am seeing a hullucination. I tear myself away now and run upstairs crying. I knock on my mum’s bedroom door, but I know she won’t be there. I go inside the empty room.
I wake up and my mum comes in from another room. I sob and tell her about the ‘horrible dream’ I just had. She asked if the blood was ‘going into’ me (like a drip), but I say no, that’s not why I was scared.
Then I wake up for real, feeling the fear of the dream still inside of me. I instantly do a RC - the breath through my nose one as it is so dark. I really hope that I am awake now and that I am not still in the nightmare.

Does anyone else never have nightmares? I used to but i never seem to have them anymore though i do have normal dreams, i’ll probably have one tonight now lol.

These damn elevator dreams, they are now officialy reoccuring nightmares. Im allways in a small elevator that is tall, and the floor starts moving up to the ceiling, and I get I dont usualy get killed in them, it usually stops inches from the celling, but lastnight I was in a frate elevator with my friend, and it starts to move toward the celing. I got out in time, but my friend was kille. I dont know why this dream is trying to get my attention, I havnt been lucky enough to become lucid in it yet, but Im still working on it.

I occasionally have “bad dreams”, but this dream I had last night really was a nightmare.

I casually enter my room and first see my family. They are all staring at something, and suddenly they all shriek in horror. I turn around to see what they’re looking at, but that part of the room is like a dark abyss and I can’t see very well. From what I can tell, something is moving, or being moved, but I don’t see anybody there. I have this feeling that it may be some kind of invisible demon, but I’m not really scared of it. I try to mobilize someone to have a closer look, but they’re all frozen in fear. I decide to enter the darkness alone. I “know” that a particular spot is in the room is inhabited by the demon. I put my hand over it and it feels particularly warm and moist. The others are still scared stiff, so I decide to shed some light on the matter. I leave the darkness and press the light switch (which doesn’t work but I don’t notice), and open the shutters and window. I see the sky, it’s day but cloudy and unnaturally dark for daytime. I see that a nearby large shed has collapsed right next to the window, and on top of the “ruins” there is a form I can’t immediately make out. It (a black cat, as it turned out) jumps straight inside the room through the window, and that’s as far as I can remember.

It disturbed me a little, but it wasn’t really all that frightening. I’m just glad I didn’t see the demon!

Edit: By “bad dreams” I mean something like the this: I’m with a female desert-dweller who is angry at me for some reason. She draws a poisoned needle and I struggle with her but she is very strong and manages to stick me in the leg. I know I’m as good as dead. Although I died in this one, I didn’t bother me in the least.

I don’t often have nightmares, but recently I had one that disturbed me. It was short, but the feeling was pretty scary.

A female with blond hair is thrown into a kind of porcelain basin which is halfway filled with water. She’s wearing nothing but red-orangeish underwear. Then the top hatch is closed and the basin starts to fill up with water. She swims to the bottom to find a way out or to stop the water, but then swims back to the top to gasp for air. The woman isn’t me, since I am looking at her, yet I can feel what she’s feeling. The water is cold and the air is getting harder to breathe and the water is rising. She’s screaming and banging her hands against the walls of the basin, yelling for someone to let her out. But the water just keeps rising until she can only barely get her mouth above water in order to breathe. As she is choking I finally wake up gasping.

Some of the most disturbing nightmares I’ve had were actually about electrical appliances staying on when I had turned them off and even unplugged them. Like the tv and the radio keep on playing even when the power is out. Needless to say the movie The Ring totally freaked me out -_-;;

Last night was so calamitous it’s almost funny: I visited a haunted house, fell off a cliff, started a war, and got shot in the face. All in different dreams, of course. Probably had more dreams like this, too; These are only the ones I remember. Incidentally, this is the best recall I’ve had in a long time.

Of these, the most unpleasant was when I was shot in the face by a bus hijacker. He shot the person next to me first, then me just a couple of seconds after. What really got me was how effortlessly he could do this. When I was shot, I didn’t feel any pain; I saw darkness and felt very heavy. Then I felt I had to make an important decision. I didn’t know all my options but I quickly decided to become undead. Then I got my vision back and pummelled the man until his head almost cracked. This is the first time I remember delivering such heavy blows in a dream.

I had a dream just last night that I was reading a book about ghosts, and they became real and in my house. One of them was the ghost of a sleeping child, whose personal bed was haunted by his murdered ghost. I found it outside as it was raining hard- it was a small, ugly matress with a rust-colored sheet and pillow. I picked them up- they weren’t even wet. I took them to my parent’s bedroom to ask them about it, but then I remembered one thing about the ghost- if one should carry it’s bed anywhere, a trail of blood would left behind them so the ghost could find them. Looking behind me I saw a long, thick trail of glistening blood, like some hidious red carpet was rolled out for me. Fearing for my life I tossed the bed down the stairs.

ah, these nightmares are so interesting to read xD Every nightmare I have, I fight them back most of the times. Either I fight back or I wake up xD