The Big WILD Topic - Part XVIII

I am not so sure about the brainwaves, but I have the same problem. I can get into LD’s, but often I kind of surf over the edge of the dream state. I start into a dream, then pop back up into an awake, but relaxed state. I can then go back through HI down to a dream, then pop back up again. I just keep at it, and have had some short LD’s. If I knew a way past this, I would tell you :bored: but I am also still stuck here most of the time with WILD. don

I think I worded my question wrong. Redo!

It takes 2 (or so) hours to get to REM right? I you do WILD do you have to keep your mind awake for 2 (or so) hours until REM comes, or will REM come faster or slower?

You can dream in non-REM sleep, but the likelihood of you remembering it, or it being of a high vivid quality is substantially lower than if you dream in REM sleep.

Therefore WILD is much easier, and better, to perform in the morning just after waking up, or after a nap in which you did dream.

In the beginning of the night it is quite difficult to WILD because we initially enter delta sleep in which very little dream content is reported. However, as the night goes on we stop entering delta and have REM periods of 60+ minutes.
Thus it is much easier to WILD at the end of the night because you fall asleep much quicker and have a much higher chance of dreaming and remembering it.

Was this a WILD?
I was asleep and the next thing i knew i was in a place i have never been and i knew i was dreaming because i walked through a wall…
If it is… i don’t know what I did it have it…
i just ate a sandwich, a banana, and a few drinks of tea.
I went to bed then… and the second i entered the dream I knew…
odd :wiske:

If you fell asleep normally before finding yourself in a dream, I don’t think it was really WILD. WILD involves remaining concious as you fall asleep, so you should remain concious from the time you lay down until you find yourself dreaming. If you simply fell asleep as usual but knew you were dreaming as soon as a dream started, it sounds more like a spontaneous DILD. :smile:

ohhh cool I wanna have more of those =p
but i don’t think it’s a good idea to realy on that im going for a WILD tonight :peek:

Okay, now my question is answered. Thank you all muchly

Okay, recently I´ve been having some succes with WILD, I manage to stay awake. I don´t get any HI, but yesterday I had the vibrations and numbness for about 10 sec or so. then I had it again after a couple of minutes, but much more intense and longer, my mucsles got tense, heartrate incresed and I breathed kinda weird. I tried to keep focused and imagine that I was falling through my bed, then all of a sudden all senses kinda vanished, and i didn´t feel my body. It felt as I could open my dream eyes. but then i got more awake.

What should i think on?? did I concentrate to much? Can I get many chanses of this thing, or am i screwed if I fail the first time? and what about audio and HI, should they also come, or are they not neccecary??

Your definitley not screwed if you fail the first time, although it is certainly possible to get frustrated.

Your not always going to have all senses when you do WILD, sometimes only have HI, however most of the time there ar other senses involved. These senses that you feel are the sensations of your body going to sleep.

I would say that you were very close to LD because your descriptions of the things you felt are almost a perfect match for what happens as a person enters REM sleep.

Good Luck

I support that - you’re indeed close to LD.
Keep up! :smile:

I’ve made abit of progress in WILD lately, but I just have to fine tune WBTB. Im praying that it’ll work for me tonight! crosses fingers :peek:

Hi all. I have a problem with WILD. For about a week now I’ve tried doing WILD each night, but each time the same thing happens.
First I lie down and start counting (1 im dreaming 2 im dreaming etc). After a while I feel numb and I feel slightly dizzy. After another while I feel a sharp pain in my head as if someone’s hammering a nail in it and I hear strange noises. After another while I feel really dizzy and I feel like I’m falling. Then I usually get up to stop the dizzyness. I usually repeat it about twice anight before I give up and just sleep normally.
Any help?

(BTW W00t first post!!)

Hey, Alph! When you get the chance, introduce yourself in the Gathering! :smile:

Anyway, have you tried to just let the weird stuff happen? I mean, try not to get up, because usually dizzyness and strange noises are a sign of getting close to a WILD. Strange noises, especially, because those are probably HH.

The dizzyness and falling are also probably HH. The nail in the head is also probably HH, but it sounds bad. I don’t know what you can do about that. If it is so bad that you can’t remain relaxed and keep going, then you might have problems with WILD. You can also try it a few times and see if it goes away, some things do go away after a while.
don

Thanks for the help. :smile:

The nail in the head isn’t that sore, but it feels like a nail or something except for the searing pain. It’s just the dizzyness that gets really bad after a while. I’ll try again tonight and see if it goes better.

Lol Holy looks like you still enjoy pretending that are an innocent bystander. You always questioning things like me, even established wisdom. We should get rid off this and have more faith in what we are doing or won’t get any further don’t you think? Winter is here now! Time for dream hibernate yourself and go explore!

Anyway, I’ve found it’s easier to get back into dreaming after waking up briefly if you imagine yourself passing through a hole or something for a second or so. Ideally it may come through as brief hypnagogic sequence.

As for OBE I have to kind of turn inside out through a point which feels above my belly and slightly left to it. In my understanding this is the point through which I implode into the energy body before I raise my focal point into the head and above to switch on dream senses and get something to separate with.

That’s very good Orkel! You are truly in the state now and ready to get some help. Basically, you have to simply command yourself to get out of that darkness. If you do nothing probably nothing would happen. Just have a concrete destination in you mind and say it aloud as you were speaking to smart computer or something. Then you should instantly feel being moved.

You can prevent yourself from being sidetracked by keeping your gaze wandering on your palms and just briefly looking up and around. To combat darkness keep turning your palms to get the most light reflected. This is just a simple trick to make these hallucinated hands more believable. But keeping the sight of your palms truly leads to a self-referencing state of attention, sort of a spore in which you can survive your flight through the darkness.

After you got somwhere anchor yourself by touching objects around. Then look for minute details on your palm again and on the surface of these objects. Finally proceed slowly toward the more brighter parts of the environment. If you move too fast you may be fed up on something you need to have a well lited environment and wake up or get throwed back into the darkness again. You can also suck energy from your sleeping body by agreeing upon its general direction and taking deep breaths. This will make things instantly brighter.

Also, walk whenever possible insted of flying and be kept in touch with walls. Later instead of normal flying try to zoom on distant objects. It’s important to fall toward things head first to get maximum immersion and stability. At first the more real things are on the horizon anyway. It helps to look for distant noises as well. Gradually work your way up building more spacious and brighter vistas then test whether the dreamspere has borders or not. By this point some kind of guidance should appear.

Thanks for the tips!

I’ll try to use them the next time I happen to WILD.

I have a WILD experience for you all that happened to me this morning.

After I woke up to go to work, but before I got up, I got a call from my boss saying we weren’t going to work today. Needless to say, I was happy. So I just stayed in bed. I think it also helped that I hadn’t been thinking much about LDing lately because I wasn’t really focusing on it. Anyway, I just started thinking about stuff and after a while, my thoughts started thinking for themselves like they do when you’re dozing off. I was hearing my mission prep teacher and having vague images of my class… in my garage. But I went with it, I passively thought, “let’s go with this.” I had LDing in mind, but it was just a bonus to me while seeing how real I could make my hypnogo-whatever images. Almost instantly, my garage became more real and I had a “fading in” kind of feeling. I instantly began willing myself into this reality, but not strongly. More like, “keep going, keep going,” with a mental nod and a smile. When all sensation of laying in my bed was replaced with standing in my garage, I knew I was in. I jumped out of what had been my garage, but was now the house I’m working on in reality (which I didn’t realize as wierd.) For some reason I don’t quite understand, I said, “I want to eat the best tasting turkey sandwich ever!” I looked down at my hands, and watched it materialize. I took a bite, having faith that it would be great… and it was. It was actually beef, but that’s not the point, the point was that it was reeealy good! Then I decided to try flying. I hadn’t tried it before in other LDs, but have had experience with it in normal dreams and knew I needed to work on it. For instance, I’m not very good at hovering. So I tried to get into the air by jumping, but that didn’t really work. (And I know that it’s just some kind of mental block, lol.) Then I said, “There will be an invisible platform under my feet to push me up into the air when I say up.” When I said up, I rose slowly from the ground. During this time I was thinking, “Sweet…sweet…” Then I figured I’d go bug a friend of mine and see if I could convince him he was dreaming. So I flew up really high so I could see half of my town and flew… in the wrong direction but it doesn’t matter cause that’s just where his house was in my dream. Unfortunately, my faith wavered and I started veering into the library. I wasn’t woried about hitting the ground, I just didn’t want to have to walk the rest of the way. I started shouting in my annoying British accent, “No, stop, up, up!” Then, I felt reality start to shift. The feeling of being in two places at once came back, and the dream kind of paused as all the real light that was entering my eyes (none since they were closed) replaced the mental light. The scene got darker and darker. Finally, as I realized I was fighting a loosing battle, I thought, “Fine,” and it faded completely and I was back laying down in my bed. Personally I don’t see this as a failure, I see it as progressive success. If anyone has some feedback, I’d like to hear it.