double dreamish...

last night i had a dreamwhere i was reading my dream jounal about dreams i never had. somehow i didnt even notice that i was dreaming. then again, at the end of my dream i said to myself, “i should be waking up soon” then i woke up. what kind of dream was that? the one thing that also confused me was that i was so tired last night that i didnt even try mild or anything.my dream was also very clear

It’s a sign that your brain is getting prepared for lucidity but your not quite recognizing your signs yet. I had a very similar dream recently where I had a bunch of signs thrown at me but didn’t get lucid

The following are excerps from an entry of a non-lucid dream I had recently.

…He opens the garage door…The other three walk in and I tell them that I want to try to walk through the other closed door adjacent to the now open one. I try to walk through unsuccessfully and then try to relax and walk through again with little success (I thought of trying to run through but decided it wasn’t worth the effort). So I just went through the open door… Although I wasn’t nervous I found myself rather quickly rushing to get out to the driveway so I could attempt to fly. Completely confident I left and shot my hand up and was ready to fly but suddenly my dream switched gears…I saw some assorted items on the ground near the center of the driveway. Among them my pillow, my CD Player, and my PDA (Which I use to audio record my dreams on) all sitting there. I walked around thinking about how if I stayed in the dream too much longer I wouldn’t remember a decent amount of details when I woke up…He had an orange flash light with him and I had my right hand which was emitting a light out of it… desperate to help him I really began shining my hand on the area of under the hood of the car near the flashlight…I tried to combine both hands and although the light transferred to both hands, the light remained as it had been and was still less powerful than the yellow flashlight my dad had in his right hand. So I thought to myself that I’m still new at this and I will get better as my dream skills progress. And following that, I woke up.

It was a rather odd experience where It was like I had a lucid mindset but failed to realize all the odd things I was doing. And even though I made reference to the fact that I was dreaming wthin my dream I still didn’t get lucid. Hope that helps :smile: