the BIG remembering dreams topic part IV

Thanks MissEvil, I hope I get another dream recall tonight or I’ll get really unhappy… it was going so fine until… :sigh: well, once I get the dream and remember it I will not have trouble LD:ing again though :content:

Weird, I’m having a problem like that too! Ok, I’ve been having LD’s almost every night for a little while now but my recall has gone down the tubes, :cry: I’ve only been remembering 1-2 dreams a night when it was 4-5. It’s like I’ve traded good recall for LD’s it’s very weird… :confused: will I get it back? :help:

DarkRaven, recalling 1-2 dream a night is very good and many people would be happy with that. Recalling about 1 dream a night is largely enough to remember LD’s. Hence I think you don’t really have any problem. :tongue:

Congrats on your good Dr though! :happy:

Temporally losing dream recall abilities is very common. It has even been called by some people a “dryspell”. It may come with stress, for instance when you go to school again after the holydays, etc. Just wait a little, don’t worry and your dream recall will come again.

I’ll merge this topic with the “BIG Remembering dream” topic.

Really? That makes me feel better, I just got a little scared that’s all. I’ve been in a constant good, (and very random,) almost blissful :cloud9: mood ever since this started so maybe that has something to do with it, I don’t know. I’ve just had urges, (more then usual, :happy: ) to do weird things, like yesterday I was walking around the house in reigndeer pajama pants, one of my dad’s oversized shirts, this weird blond wig, (my hair is dark brown so it looked weird,) with a bandanna on and a vampire cape and a stick going around telling my siblings I was “Buffy the the Vampire Slayer”. laughs :lol: and I keep doing stuff like that, I mean, I always do weird stuff but there’s been an increase in it lately, and the weird thing is my dreams have started being MORE rational! :crazy: They’ve been less wacked out then they usually are but still a little wonky…thanks for helping! :hugs:

I’ve been getting better at dream recalling more and more ever since I got into a steady relationship. Reason why?

Everytime when I wake up during the night I’ve got this auto function to start telling him what I dreamt :razz: Therefore, my mind starts linking remembering dreams to something that needs to be done. Ergo, the subcon tries a little harder to help me.

Now I need to really bring it up to 1, or 2 full dreams per night.

Hello.

My LD/ND has totally gone away atm, i dont know what happened but suddenly it all stopped and I cant remember my dreams well anymore, i try to make a DJ but forget every thing after 5min, i have clear and vivid dreams, but the memory isnt really good, i’ve had 2 LD’s so far. That was a DILD.

I do WILD every night i go to sleep, or atleast try to do WILD, but it doesnt really work out for me, so any suggestions for what to do?
ulv.

Stop doing the WILD.

I find that even in my case I can sometimes inhibit my lucid dreams by concentrating too much on them, even if it’s before 9:45 ish.

The point is, take a few days off, and just try not to think about lucid dreaming for a bit.

Topic merged

Hey, a question, people!

How much time do you need after waking up to remember your dreams?? And what method do you use?

I use to look at a random object in my room… So with a little effort, the dreams come to me! :cool_laugh:

Usually when i wake up my mind is blank, so i just close my eyes and dig deep! after a minute or so i’ll get a few pictures which give me clues, and then once i start writing it jogs my memory and everything that i can remember usually comes out into my DJ

I usually just remember a few fragments and try to elaborate on them. I need to start with something however, or else I usually won’t remember anything.

1 of 2 things happens:

I remember the dream as I wake from it… like my existence carries on from the dream to wakefulness.

I normally remember it after a couple of seconds, as long as my concentration is not broken by something like my alarm radio.

I recall my last dream instantly, then I try to remember the ones before, it takes almost a minute.

I remember them right when I wake up… :yaaawn:

The less time, the better. The more time that passes, the less well I remember the details. Generally I remember them all as soon as I wake up, and then I decide whether it’s worth remembering for longer or not. The good dreams I commit to memory straight away so that I’ll have them clear in my head for the rest of the day, while the more uninteresting ones I happily let slip away, because I don’t really care whether I forget those ones.

If I don’t memorise the dream immediately when I wake up, I forget details very quickly, but if I make the effort to memorise things (it’s just like studying for an exam and memorising the facts, really), then it’s not hard at all.

I have a small problem: when I attempt to recall my dream(s) in the morning, I tend to lose concentration and fall asleep again. Do you guys know any way to stay awake (and clear) without taking my thoughts of my dreams?

zup, I usualy have the same problem. I just set up my routine so the first thing I do is take a shower. I’ll remember most of my dreams then, and I also won’t fall asleep.

I wasn’t sure where to put this, but it’s DR - related, so I’ll ask here:

Long story short, I had a strangely funny dream where I was a king and was to be executed. I can’t remember the execution itself, it’s possible the dream ended before that.

Now, here’s what puzzles me: I woke up (FA) in my bed and I had full memory of everything that happened just before I blacked-out (where my DR from the execution scene stops) and I was wondering what exactly happened, why I’m still alive. I checked the back of my neck (someone in the crowd had implied that the guillotine might not work right), and wondered if it had all been a big joke at my expense and whether I was still king.

I find this strange and interesting. Is it possible for DR to carry over from one dream into the next? Is it possible to have a FA in the middle of a dream? Was this one dream or two?

:yes: it’s possible and often happens that we can recall the previous dream/s in a FA
some FAs we think we have woken up in our bed and others we wake up in a different situation sometimes related to the previous dream.
As to if it was one dream or two that is upto your judgement to decide…

I guess I’ll never know for sure, because I do a lot of WBTBs in the morning, when I had that/those dreams. It’s entirely possible I woke up briefly before being executed, then immediately fell asleep again and had the FA. But it’s only a possibility. Anyway, thanks for your answer, moogle, it was helpful.

That happens to me sometimes. I don’t have FA’s, but wake up in bed, and am still in the dream in my head. I will be trying to solve some problem from the dream, or think up some way to change it so that it works out better, until I am awake enough to see that it was just a dream. :happy:
It happend again just this morning. I will be writing the dream up in my DJ in just a few minutes. I woke up, and was wondering how to get to the festaval and meet the princess in time. I was really woried about it until I realised it had been a dream.
don