Different styles of flying

[color=darkblue]I tend to be able to fly wherever I want, whenever I want and with relative ease. Sometimes it can take me a couple of tries to get off the ground, but once I’m in the sky, I can fly about as long as I want to.

A habit of mine in ND’s seems to be flying up into the clouds and swirling the clouds around very fast, seeing how low I can fly and how fast or snatching birds from the air![/color]

Im always flying in FLD and ND’s…and its relatively easy for me. I can get off the ground, sometimes the wind factor plays an issue, its as if Im being blown away, but nonetheless… its really fun. The best one I probably remember was when I was flying over the sea, it was so realistic…

A Swan Dive is a maneuver that swimmers sometimes do when jumping off a diving board into a pool. What I meant is the position the body takes, a chest-first arch, like in the link I gave. I also fly that way for the aesthetics… Superman style just seems dorky (no offense, LM :tongue: )…

Last time I flew, I just sat cross-legged and levitated upside down - makes for some interesting conversation with the ol’ Dream Characters…

thanks for the ideas

I’ll try these tonight. Although the previous night, in a FLD I had, I noticed something interesting; I was thinking the previous night that I could use wind to carry me up. And I have vague memory of it working. Just let the wind blow so hard it carries you up, up! :happy:

If you didn’t know I have a lot of trouble flying in LD’s, no matter how hard I try.

i usually do the “swimming” method, last time i tried the superman i went REALLY fast, and flew into space… scared the hell outa me!

Last night I did Superman style, and yelled out “Up, up, and away!” just to be silly… :smile: It worked well enough…

lmao

superman style rules.

I’ll have to try some of these out ^^

In the last few LDs where I’ve flown, I’ve had great success with doing a run-up and then jumping with both feet. Don’t know what you would categorise that as though.

About “falling that way”… Something similar worked for me. In an LD, I was in the third or fourth floor of a building when I got lucid. I let myself fall down towards the floor and “floated” down to the first floor, going forward, as well.

EDIT: Almost forgot… Not exactly FLYING, but using webs like Spiderman also worked for me once.

Superman Style…dorky…scoffs at dunlar

Honestly though, I use to the most because it makes the most visual sense, just seems odd to be rocketing through the air at 200 miles an hour in a legs crossed mediation position.

I had my first good lucid dream last night :smile:
I don’t remember very much of it, but I do remember that my flying was a little weird.

I tried superman and got this:

I haven’t taken physics yet, but I am assuming that would be how thrust works. Weird that my subconscious agrees :happy:

I didn’t get very high, I only got to the next island. It started as a big jump, and then I tried to superman, and I got thrust like a jet or rocket ship or something… I don’t remember landing or much else though, I will have to work on that!

I figured I should post it because it’s not really the same as the ones I’ve seen.

Usually I spread out my arms, which turn into wings or deformed arm/wing things if I’m not thinking about it. Maybe it’s because I used to read the Animorphs (cool book series about transforming kids). Getting altitude is always tricky, but once I got really high up by going around in circles. Too bad I couldn’t pull out of it before the dream ended…

Another possible method is to make friends with a DC who is sufficiently arrogant/experienced, let them possess you (so you take on their physical form), and let them do all the flying for you. Yea, maybe a bit too complicated, but I just throw this method out there for the sake of completeness. Bonus: what if you can get your SG to do this?

when i fly in lds i just, hmm fly, i might jump into the air, but thats it.

I ahve my arms up someitmes, but mainly to get the air away from me face hehe

You have missed one style that I’ve had, “moving yourself with will power” Its hard to expain, but you dont fly in the regulare way, you just controll where you wanna go by moving your body around, like if there wasnt any gravity. “Zero gravity flying” :smile:

Sorry I haven’t been on in a while. Anyway…

yamaha: That would be object assistance. But SG? Geez, I wish I had one.

ulv: that would be catagorized as “Nothing”

Yesterday I flew with my arm stretched out. I noticed now that you hadn’t a description of it. What I can say about it is this. I took off from a roof, just jumped off. I didn’t even think about my arms but noticed they were stretched out. The flight was short, and went downwards. It was very much like gliding. I tried it again, I meant to stay at the same altitude this time, but glided down again.
I tried superman style after that. I still couldn’t control direction. I went up mostly. But it went sort of fast.

I’ve had a few low-level LDs and FLDs, and what I find especially interesting about them is that my default method of movement in such dreams seems to be floating around as a spectre! I’ve occasionally flown through closed doors. I’m even invisible to DCs! I don’t even choose to be a phantom, it just happens. Has anyone else had this?

yesterday my girl friend and i were talking about lucid dreaming, and she said that she wanted to fly, now out of all my lucid dreams this is one thing that i have never been great at unless i am very lucid. she told me to imagine the feeling of skydiving, as we have both been, and use that feeling of falling/ floating but use it in the other direction, ie up.

So i tried it last night and it worked like a charm, but in parts i found my self flying too fast upwards strange expereince. but after a while i got the hang of it. Give that one a go.

Orange: Wow, I’ll add that when I get a chance (i cant now)

Soul: That would be “Falling That Way”