EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

The First Steps to WILD (for all basic WILD related Q&A)

Author  Message 
Indianinks
Serendipity
Lucid Initiate

The First Steps to WILD (for all basic WILD related Q&A)
PostPosted: Sat 11 Nov, 2006  Reply with quote

<mod>This is the sticky topic in which you can ask basic questions about the WILD technique.
The Old BIG WILD topic (18 parts!) can be found here</mod>

Hi all...
How can I make WILD and napping work together? I've been having trouble figuring out WILD at night, so I want to try it during the day. Any advice?

Tggtt
Quest Doctor
cookie lover
Tggtt has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes

PostPosted: Sat 11 Nov, 2006  Reply with quote

the same way, keep your mind thinking in a dream subject reminding yourself that you might be dreaming.

Day naps with WILD may be considered advanced daydreams, a sublevel of lucid dreaming, i guess it would be very good for LD training.

Lucidity_Master
Dream Diety
cookie lover
LD count: At Will
Location: Probably the Golf Course...or maybe the Lucid Crossroads

PostPosted: Sun 12 Nov, 2006  Reply with quote

WILD with napping works the same way as during the day, pick a version of WILD and just let yourself fall asleep (helps to find a dark place).

Indianinks
Serendipity
Lucid Initiate

Thanks for the info smile
But should I wake up earlier than I usually would that day? So that I would be sleepy for a nap?
Also.....can any one reccomend a simple and effective relaxation technique?

gabbe
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Hello again! I tried WILD with napping today.

I used the 61 point relaxing technique witch worked well. You should try that one Indianinks, you can find it at http://www.dreamviews.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1 0742

Okay, I got relaxed, and after 20 min or so, i got vibrations , my muscles started to get tense and started snatching. I felt a sinking sensation, and my hole body was completely numb. It seemed to last forever, and I never gor anywhere from that point.

What should I think on next time Im im this situation? Or was I simpy to awake?

Lucidity_Master
Dream Diety
cookie lover

When you get to that numbness point you have to be relaxed, if you're too busy thinking about the oddness of the feeling or about how your close to an LD you will inhibit REM sleep. All you need to do is relax and wait expectantly for the onset of REM and the beginning of a dream.

IndianInks - it is not neccesary to be sleepy for the nap, just don't wait too long before napping (I would recommend and hour or two after you wake up). If you wait to long your body won't go straight into REM (the point of napping) but rather you will go through the normal cycle and delta sleep which is not good for dreaming.

Indianinks
Serendipity
Lucid Initiate

Thanks for the info Lucidity Master and Gabbe smile

So a brief outline of a what a WILD should be:
Relaxed stage
Numbness/Sleep Paralysis
HI
Lucid Dream?

Does the HI become an LD on its own? What is the transistion like between HI and LD? Sorry if this has been asked before...I can seem to find a lucid (haha i love puns tounge2) answer to this.

Lucidity_Master
Dream Diety
cookie lover

It varies though, sometimes you can have HI without SP or just jump straight to a dream, don't always expect it to be the same every time.

don20853
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Mon 13 Nov, 2006  Reply with quote

The transistion depends on the person. For some people the HI becomes the dream. They talk about entering the HI. for others, like me, there is a short blackout, then I am in a dream, and I know it. That is one of the things that makes WILD so difficult, you have to learn what works for you.
don

gabbe
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 18 Nov, 2006  Reply with quote

okay, Ive given a couple of more tries on WILD now.
Two times in a row now, Ive been up for an hour without any succes, so I gave up, and went to sleep the normal way. but when I woke up, I started to remember that I actually was consious during the transition without even trying to... I stronlgy remember that all of a sudden I was travelling in the white tunnel and it all got white, and then everything just blacked out. And in the second try, I remember getting bright flashes that just got brighter and brighter, and that I opend my dream eyes all of a sudden and he sun was in my eyes, but then blacked out....

Lucidity_Master
Dream Diety
cookie lover

Gabbe, your very, very close to having an LD. I have a question though, when you got to the point of opening your dream eyes what was your emotional state, excited, calm etc?

gabbe
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Lucidity_Master wrote:
Gabbe, your very, very close to having an LD. I have a question though, when you got to the point of opening your dream eyes what was your emotional state, excited, calm etc?

Confused, I dont really understand whats going on, because the stages before that, I am uncounsious, and when the transaction begins Im consious. Because I was prepared to just fall alseep naturaly, and then all of a sudden Im conscious when Im starting to enter the dream

Alextanium
Unbreakable
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sun 19 Nov, 2006  Reply with quote

gabbe wrote:

Confused, I dont really understand whats going on, because the stages before that, I am uncounsious, and when the transaction begins Im consious. Because I was prepared to just fall alseep naturaly, and then all of a sudden Im conscious when Im starting to enter the dream

Thats exactly how my first WILD+WBTB happened. I went to sleep naturally, then suddenly I was a disembodied point of consciousness in a black void that turned into a white tunnel that got brighter and brighter.

Orkel

PostPosted: Mon 20 Nov, 2006  Reply with quote

I've been having some problems lately with WILD. The thing is, I usually wake up at 5-6AM, and when I go back to sleep, I get the LOUD whistling noise, spinning, floating and all that stuff. But then it stops. I'm always at this black void, like a dreamless dream. I can see my dreamhands, rub them together, speak (robotic voice btw). But I can't just get any "dreamscape" around me. What can I do to get out of the evil black void?

Also, when I get a WILD, it's usually very dark. I also need tips on how to get it more bright.

gabbe
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Mon 20 Nov, 2006  Reply with quote

Another question... help!

okaj, Im very very relaxed, and I get vibrations and HI just like before, but now, insted of my muscles pulling they get really really tense and stays that way. And It gets over my hole body including my face. I can easely make it stop by just forcing to relax. I did so for about 1 h, It just keept on coming every 10 minutes or so, and I didnt seam to get anywhere from there. Should I just let it come?? Because I tried that once, I think I was close to enter the dream, but then it failed, and Im still laying there all tensed. Help?!

print