The sudden jump from dreamworld to realworld.

Moved from the Quest for Lucidity

Last two mornings i have been experiencing some wierd stuff, when i woke up, it was not in the usual way, where you slowly wake up and gasps.
Like today i woke up way too fast, first thing i said was ‘WOW!!’ i have no clue why, its kinda hard to expain but i wake up really fast, like in a instant second im awake, and before that -nothing- ,its not i can remember any grayzone or anything.

What the heck is this? :neutral:

I’ve had this before, it’s really weird isn’t it? Freaked me out the first time it happened. I have no clue what it is though. Wish I did, would really clear some things up.

do you mean just waking up fast and feeling wide awake straight away or do you mean something else? because it could just be due to what you ingested the night before i.e. if you have A.D.D. for example, and you take the meds before bed… when you wake up you would still be feeling the effects.

I’ve had my fair share of strange awakenings, for example one time i actually felt my consciousness re-enter my body after being in a dream. It was like i myself get transferred down into my body and all the chakra’s lighted up, i could feel it go down and settle into the chakra’s. very strange indeed.

One time in a dream I got 2 vaccination shots in the same place behind my shoulder, and then I woke up so rapidly that the feeling of the shot wasn’t gone yet. I rubbed the spot IRL and it felt strange…

Another time, in an LD, I had bunch of fast false awakenings, followed by a fast real awakening (almost exactly the same). I must have done 15 reality checks afterwards ^-^

On a couple rare occasions, I fell asleep after my mom woke me up for school (ignoring her), and in my sleep I heard her coming to my room. I actually stood up in bed, and the sudden rush of standing up woke me up halfway through, leaving me dizzy and feeling really weird. This doesn’t happen anymore…too relaxed?

(Wait no, she doesn’t try to wake me up anymore.)

Weird… I don´t know if had the same thing. But I once had a dream where my friend said something that didn´t make any sense at all, and I woke up saying “Whaaaaat?”

Na its not like that :smile: Its more like you wake up from being dead.

Something like I couldn’t get to sleep one night, so I kept tossing and turning… I looked out the window, blinked, and then it was morning.

That was freaky.

Once i decied to wake up in an LD and i woke up almost gasping for air. It was really weird. Once second i am in bed during REM sleep next thing i know is that i am waking up and it took lesss than 2 seconds.

I had a crawl, rather than a jump, to the real world.
I must have been eating these crispy things in my dream, because as I woke up I was thinking about the taste in my mouth, and I almost went to put a crispy thing in my mouth.
Strange.

Often when I wake up it’s like a part of my body will still be in the dream but the majority of it won’t be… Don’t know how to explain this but like a page turning I guess… a continuation of the dream into my life.

I have that happen alot, Mahogany, or at least if your talking about what I think you are. How when I wake up most of the time and I keep seeing the dream when I close my eyes but I’m not really dreaming anymore. More like a daydream but less controllable than a normal one.

Ive had that once before too. I don’t remember the dream, but for some reason I woke up and sat bolt-upright in bed, and sort of ‘felt’ my consciousness meld in through the back of my body. Was the weirdest feeling, like for a split second my dream body was too slow to react to how fast my physical body moved.

Once I had a dream (this was back when I was like 7 or so) that was really trippy. I’ve never been high or stoned or anything, but I guess that’s what it’s like. I fell off a ledge and it jolted me awake. The jolt was so hard, I jumped out of my bed halfway across the room. No exaggeration

This is exactly how my first (and so far only) LD ended: our cat disturbed me in sleep, I had perfect tactile sensation of it and I was instantly awake.

–NL

I thought it was very common to wake up suddenly! It happens to me a lot (though I don’t like it, because then my muscles refuse to work properly and I stumble around bumping into walls :tongue: ).

Don’t you ever get woken up suddenly by other people, or loud noises, or something in a dream? It amazes me that you’re not used to waking up fast - it’s hard to avoid even for lazy people like me!