the BIG Quest Suggestion Topic Part II

thanks Python Angel :content:

a new suggestion; plant a seed and see what grows up

I got the idea from my Harry Potter dream, [community.ld4all.com/t/im-an-addict/14474/25)

where soomone assumed a HP-book what grow up like a plant.

EDIT: look at the list in the first post and saw that someone had already suggested this :content:

i like that suggestion magnus. it’s cool!

Thanks for noticing, Magnus. I’ve been so busy, but I’ve been trying to not let my duties slide (including updating the quest suggestion list). It’s become a monster!

thats a good idea magnus!

how about trying to make a garden or something along those lines, and like plant some seeds for flowers n trees and then in your lucid dreams try to visit that place and see if they grow!

I got a good idea! How about ask a DC to grant you a power which you deserve?

Might get something strong like freeze time, or stupid like the ability to turn into a grasshopper :lol:

Similarly, ask a DC to give you a gift, which you deserve.

How about travelling to a planet of your choice? It could be in a rocket ship, flying or even opening a door to the place. The sky’s the limit. (hehe)

Create life. I don’t mean just poof make a plain empty-head DC show up. I mean, try to create something/someone intelligent, something that feels more real than anything. A good idea is to also have that creature/person/entity/whatever to be a companion on your dreams and LDs. Maybe someone who can come back to make you lucid when you aren’t :happy:. (this is similar to Magnus’s idea…)

Ask a DC to teach you something! Or find a teacher and ask him! (Check the “testing the realness of DCs” experiment in the Olde Lab to learn more about the teacher concept).

Meet yourself. This can have many results. Talk to yourself, fight yourself (this would be awesome!), hug yourself!

Ask for a mission! This is based on my own experience. I’ve been given, once, the duty to go to the Yoge Mountains (hence my DJ name), in order to meet my “Guardian Spirit”. I believe I really should try to find this place on my next LD. I’ll go there and check out what’s this all about :happy: :happy: :happy: I think people could try getting an objetive for their LDs, just like this.

Transform yourself into water. Or into smoke!

Relax! Find a comfy, or relaxing place to be.

Create your own house, or find one that’s been created for you. This could be very interesting, as I’ve heard about people who made a “home” where they always returned to in other dreams.

Find out what happens if you go too far in the universe (does it loop, like physics say? Does it end on a plain white/black empty space with a “men at work” sign? Find out!)

Open you mailbox and see if there’s a letter for you! Who knows what you might find…

Die, and see what it’s like.

FREEFALL! WOOOOOOOOO (cough cough)

Fight, or better yet, duel with DCs. Use varied weapons, fighting styles, magic, whatever you can think of.

Find out what’s your power animal!

Find and read a book.

Meet a historical/famous person! Jesus, Buddha, Elvis, Lincoln, Caesar, etc!

Walk on the walls/ceiling.

Sex change!

Ask a DC/SG about your soul mate!

Grow!

Shrink!

Teleport! I don’t mean to different places, I mean in the SAME place. Get a room and teleport across it! This would be interesting with the duel idea above :happy: (Pretty Dragonball Z -ish :happy: )

Learn a new way to fly!

Go to other dimensions!

Break the limits: try running faster than the speed of light, digging as far as you can, flying as high as possible.

Look into mirrors, try to enter them.

Meet your ancestors

I like the one about asking a DC what you should do, and then doing it.

I also like the one about planting a seed and seeing what grows, but I have a better idea: Plant anything you want, even a person, and see what grows.

And another idea: just sit down and meditate.

:peek: Why don’t you make the “Testing the Realness of DC’s” experiment a quest for one moon. You first have to make the official proposal and such and then you can combine the two, so the testing the realness of DC’s experiment will get more attention too ^^ I mean if you do it right it could fit both as quest and as experiment.

good idea sandra :smile: (mindreader). I was thinking of doing something with ‘ask a DC a question’ but then i thought: no, that’s also the experiment, how can i solve that, and now you come with this idea, i like it! :happy:

I was going to suggest another quest/experiment combo.

Anyone who’s on the Lucidity Institute’s mailing list will have gotten an email with this in it:

To do a quest about embodying others would not only be interesting, but then whoever completes it can send in dream reports to the lucidity institute and help out Stephen LaBerge.

Quest suggestion
Turn yourself into a tree, or a flower. Feel your roots, your leaves, your stem. Watch the life of the normal pass before your plant-eyes as you stay rooted to the ground just observing the people.

Quest Suggestion

Change your feelings

Make yourself feel
very Happy
that everything is funny (so that you can’t stop laugh because everything is so fun)
very peaceful
that everything is very exciting/interesting(so that you would feel that all normal boring thins is going to be interesting/exciting)

I don’t know how to change your feeling but you are not allowed to change the environment just your own feelings to get a enhanced feeling of happiness for example,
Maybe you can drink some magic potion from a Wizard and expect to feel very happy afterwards.

Of course you can also do this with negative feelings like anger but I suggest you do it with positive feelings :wink:

Oooh, I really really love that idea, Magnus! We’re always changing “physical” things in dreams. Why not emotional things too? You could even have your emotion represented by a physical thing, or try out feeling exactly how someone else feels.

i just had a good idea. Ask someone to take you to ‘Lucid School’. Like Driving school, except you practice your lucidity and get beter. It will boost your moral, and will definitley be entertaining.

Quest suggestion

Prepare, and beat your fear. Idea from Python Angel’s dream. Diffrence was in quest before fighting with fear, you have to prepare to it. Get a sword, a gun, summon a ginat flame thowing duck, Find somebody who will can help you to beat it. Then ask for your biggest fear, and fight it.

wait a second, this one is hard, if something fails, there might be a fearful nightmare… :hmmm:

:ebil:

hehehe, we don’t want to tramautize half of LD4all because of terrible nightmares =]

But that Idea gave me one! Find the Mirror of Erised (it shows your heart’s greatest desire,) and see what it shows you. Then go through it!

I believe magnus already suggested that one earlier :smile:

The next Quest write up is a bit delayed, i hope to write it tomorrow, thank’s for your patience.

What abut finding the name of your dream world.
Ask a DC or someting: “What is the name of this world?”.

And then you have a name for youre dream world :content:

Yep, I suggested the mirror of Erised once but I never suggested to go trough it, nice idea Vi :content:

I have a new suggestion, and hope noone has mentioned this before

Talk to a Wall

well, talk to anything that normally doesn’t talk and expect it to communicate with you and see what results you get.

you can talk to
Walls
Stones
Trees
Lakes
Toys
clouds and so on.