The First Steps to WILD (for all basic WILD related Q&A)

It varies though, sometimes you can have HI without SP or just jump straight to a dream, don’t always expect it to be the same every time.

The transistion depends on the person. For some people the HI becomes the dream. They talk about entering the HI. for others, like me, there is a short blackout, then I am in a dream, and I know it. That is one of the things that makes WILD so difficult, you have to learn what works for you.
don

okay, I´ve given a couple of more tries on WILD now.
Two times in a row now, I´ve been up for an hour without any succes, so I gave up, and went to sleep the normal way. but when I woke up, I started to remember that I actually was consious during the transition without even trying to… I stronlgy remember that all of a sudden I was travelling in the white tunnel and it all got white, and then everything just blacked out. And in the second try, I remember getting bright flashes that just got brighter and brighter, and that I opend my dream eyes all of a sudden and he sun was in my eyes, but then blacked out…

Gabbe, your very, very close to having an LD. I have a question though, when you got to the point of opening your dream eyes what was your emotional state, excited, calm etc?

Confused, I don´t really understand what´s going on, because the stages before that, I am uncounsious, and when the transaction begins I´m consious. Because I was prepared to just fall alseep naturaly, and then all of a sudden I´m conscious when I´m starting to enter the dream

Thats exactly how my first WILD+WBTB happened. I went to sleep naturally, then suddenly I was a disembodied point of consciousness in a black void that turned into a white tunnel that got brighter and brighter.

I’ve been having some problems lately with WILD. The thing is, I usually wake up at 5-6AM, and when I go back to sleep, I get the LOUD whistling noise, spinning, floating and all that stuff. But then it stops. I’m always at this black void, like a dreamless dream. I can see my dreamhands, rub them together, speak (robotic voice btw). But I can’t just get any “dreamscape” around me. What can I do to get out of the evil black void?

Also, when I get a WILD, it’s usually very dark. I also need tips on how to get it more bright.

Another question… :help:

okaj, I´m very very relaxed, and I get vibrations and HI just like before, but now, insted of my muscles pulling they get really really tense and stays that way. And It gets over my hole body including my face. I can easely make it stop by just forcing to relax. I did so for about 1 h, It just keept on coming every 10 minutes or so, and I didn´t seam to get anywhere from there. Should I just let it come?? Because I tried that once, I think I was close to enter the dream, but then it failed, and I´m still laying there all tensed. Help?!

dreams arise because your conscious mind regains activity yet the body is still asleep

knowing that the basic principle of “falling asleep” is that the conscious mind is shutting down, how do we expect to initiate WILDs immediately upon going to bed?

my experience with mantra while falling asleep is that eventually i will be in a state deep enough that i am not capable of continuing the thought process and simply am a passive witness to whatever is unfolding.

in these moments there are images at times, definite ideas whizzing by and things being “understood”, but I am not “in” my conscious mind anymore.

is this state which many seem to call a “trance” state (though i do not find it “conscious” enough to be a “trance”) useful for dreaming and OBEs ? If so how do I maintain myself in this state rather than waking back up from it once it ends.

it is very curious because there seems to be no difference from dream reality and real reality. it is very easy to wake up out of a dream, but tricky to “fall asleep” into one.

is perhaps the ultimate way to WILD involving not falling asleep at all, simply imagining a dream and having such a strong visualization that your body allows you to enter the fantasy world… ?

popov that’s a good point. I know this state is a precursor to leaving the body, enterting a dream, out of body experiences, astral projection, etc…

But how do I fall asleep instead of wake back up? To me falling asleep must only be either completely not paying attention so much, or being in delta or super deep theta… because these little mini-washes of passive hypnagogia more than likely occur in theta in the first place… and I’m aware enough to call my self conscious in them.

I had a sleep study once and he confirmed theta was what I was hitting and waking back up from.

I’ll get it pretty soon though. I’m thinking maybe some melatonin would help since I can do this dance of in and out for 2-3 hours, and if you are sleeping for 2-3 hours you should be going into REM!!!

As soon as I dream in nREM I’ll be set :cool_laugh:

Hey guys…

Ok. Ive been trying to wild for years now and usually give up after a month or so and forget about it and then try to pick it up again. But right know im pretty convinced i can do it because i coming so close…

Almost everytime, i can get to the point where my body is numb. I alsosee swirling coulours.

If im lucky, next i start feeling totally seperated from my body. it feels like i am all in my head. The HI kind of dies by this point. But the feeling is intense and i start to feel lke something is really going to be happening.

but then comes the killer. my heart starts beating uncontrollably. I slwly am brought back point a where i started.

Its frustrating because i feel like im getting so close…

what is happening? I need some guidance…

Thanks…

P.s. I have LD’d many times just never WILD.

I have been thinking about trying WILD but everywere i read about it i dont understand what to do. Can someone please give a short paragraph or two on how to do it? Thank You

WILD can be tricky to understand at first, but really it’s easy. Simply put, you make your body fall asleep, while your mind is still awake. Confusing? Definately. Extremely easy? Yup.

WILD
Wake Induced Lucid Dream

Summary: Developed by Stephen LaBerge, WILD is the technique that allows the person to fall asleep consciously into the dreamworld. This technique is most effective when used with WBTB.

[color=green]With many variations to it, including hypnotic imagery focusing, listening to breathing, and more, the most common technique amongst beginners is the method of counting. As stated earlier, WILD is best used with WBTB, which will be the way I write this step-by-step dealy.

1. Set your alarm clock for about 5 - 6 hours after you fall asleep, as this time is usually the time that people begin to enter their REM stages (where you dream).

2. Go to sleep like you always do, or you could add in a MILD for insurance.

3. Wake up when your alarm goes off, and get up and maybe have a glass of water or something. It’s up to you for how long you stay up.

4. When you are ready to lucid dream, this is the part where you get to decide what’s best to do. Here are 2 options. (1) You can start to fall asleep with the intention of performing a RC after what feels like 2 minutes or so. Don’t count up to that time, just get a feel for how long it might take. (2) Other than that, you could also start counting to 100, and tell yourself when you get to 100, you will perform a RC.

5. Perform your selected method and if you do that RC and find out you are lucid, then woot! Otherwise, repeat step 4 a few times until you get lucid, OR until you get too tired, because you don’t want to stress yourself out.[/color]

Really that’s the gist of one variation of WILD. It may be for you, and it may not be for you. It all depends on the type of sleeper you are. Either way, try it out and see what happens. After a while if you still don’t see results, then move on to another WILD tech or maybe even move on to a whole new area such as MILD or Autosuggestion.

Hopefully you have a better idea now. If you have any further questions about this WILD, any other WILD, or any other tech, we are all here for you!

Hey when i started lding,i used to wild,but since i didnt get better,i turned to mild day b4 yesterday.

But i wanna talk bout wild.
How does wild work?Do we like stay in same position for 1 hours and 30 mins after which our body enters rem stage or what?
I reach the stage where my body gets numb,and hot,my heart starts beating faster and stupid thoughts come into my mind and i am not able to concentrate on repeating phrases which i want and soon my body returns to normal.I try to remain in same position for a while but i get bored and get up.
Whenever i try wild i waste like 30-40 mins.
What to do next?

help!!!

Thanks Bendrummin58. So all i have to do is lay in bed count to 100 or wait what may seem like 2 minutes and then do a RC. So do i do an RC every hundred i count/2 minutes untill i realize i was dreaming and am in an LD?

Ok, well i pretty much just got into lucid dreaming and have fallen in love with the wild techneque because it has worked the best for me. though i havent LD yet i know i have gotten pretty close. i get to a point though where i dont know what to do. here is my process:

i lay in bed in a dark room with my eyes shut. when i start to see the HI i wait untill it gets stroner. then i start doing the

1 am i dreaming
2 am i dreaming…

thing. when i get up to about 15 - 30 my body startes to get the tingly sensation. to me it feels like my body is starting to levitate. this goes on for some time. when this is happening i try not to focus on it, i just keep counting.

the closest i got to a LD, the levitating feeling slowly went away and the HI went away as well. all i could see was black. but my body felt pretty disconected. here is where i didnt know what to do. i read somewhere to slowly open your eyes and that you could be opening the ‘dream eyes’. when i opened my eyes i felt really really wierd. i preformed a few RC but i was in the waking world. however when i first opened my eyes and looked at my real hands i still felt compltly disconnected from them. if i get to this point agian what should i do? Thanks!

some1 answer my question plz…

Do your WILDing in the morning, 6 hours after you go to sleep. Not at night.

WILDing in the morning is a completely different experience, because you arent fighting your body’s natural tendencies involving sleep. I see WILDing at night like trying to climb over a wall I can’t get a grip on, whilst WILD with WBTB in the morning is like being carried down a gentle but rushing stream - you barely have to even think, and it takes you along for the ride. Before you know it, you’ve got a dream scene stretching across your vision and youre there.

hmm,i try but i am just too sleepy to want to lie in that unconfortable position so i just go bck to sleep.

So do it in a comfortable position. One is just as good as another, better if youre comfortable. You dont have to be uncomfortable to remain conscious while your mind drifts off.