First attempt at a LD tonight and a few questions.

I’m really interested in LD’s as I have had one or two in my earlier years (and one - I think - very recently). I remember flying through a window, consciously, when I was about four or five in one of my dreams. I think I will try the WILD technique as that seems to be more of a guarentee for a dream, LD or not and I love dreaming.
I’ve got a few questions about LD’s that I’d like answered as chances are I wont be getting one. I had a dream recently that was increbible. It lasted about fifteen seconds and I didn’t do anything other than sit and watch a sunset, but it felt real. Are LD’s as real feeling as other dreams where you are totally submerged in them? Also does it count as an LD when you have total control over what happens, you just don’t realise that you are dreaming? If so, is that a different type of feeling or the same one?
I suppose the thing that I’m most worried about is losing the intensity of dreaming by becoming too aware of the fact that it is a dream.
Thanks in advance and I’ll post tomorrow if anything exciting happens. Wish me luck :smile:

Hehehe goodluck… you’ll have more success with WBTB I believe. It’s much easier than WILD. In fact, if you wanted you could combine WBTB with WILD by waking yourself up after 6 hours of sleep (or so) and then doing WILD (when your body is still sleepy). From what i’ve read Lucid Dreams vary alot in clarity and realism. I had a glimpse of one in which a DC looked almost life-like, but only the face of the DC. I haven’t had a proper LD myself so I can’t tell you my own personal experiences so much yet, although plenty of ‘pros’ here could help you out with the rest.

Lucid dreams are defined when you are aware that you are dreaming, doesn’t mean you have any control at all. If you have a dream where you felt you were in total control but didn’t realise it was a dream, then it wasn’t a lucid dream.

I would say that lucid dreams are often the most vivid, and realistic you can have. Though, you may not feel as submerged as a normal dream. At least I usually don’t, because I know everything is just a dream, still I would rather have a lucid dream then a normal one any time! I guess how submerged you feel in an LD would depend on what you decide to do in it.

Well it was a weird night. I was up for about three hours trying to fall straight into a dream. Everytime I sort of felt inside I instantly woke up. Eventually I fell asleep and I recall a dream about mucking around with some shot puts and some apples and throwing them at my old English teacher and a guy I know with really bad acne :tongue: It wasn’t lucid but I remember it happening which is a start. I think I’ll try to get in the habit of Reality checks to improve my chances. I went back to sleep and had another dream, which I don’t remember except for it being dark.
Trying again tomorrow night.

Another question though, is there any danger at all of getting stuck in a dream? It might sound silly but it crossed my mind last night and I wondered if it had ever happened.

Getting stuck in a dream? Well that does sound silly… hehehe. The only way you could get “stuck” in a dream is if it felt like it was going forever. I think it’d be possible to have a dream where time would be so expanded that you could be in the dream for days, even years! Although it’s quite unrealistic. Don’t worry about being caught in a dream, ok? lol

Well the one guy said he had a dream that lasted 100 years. I think that would suck. I can try to find the link.

i wonder if he was actually worried that he was stuck in his dream, and so didn’t enjoy it

that topic is called “Longest lucid dream (in dream time)”, but discusuion came into 100 years dream: [Longest lucid dream (in dream time)?)

And this is right “A 100 years dream” topic:
https://community.ld4all.com/t/a-100-year-dream/22806

Getting stuck is not possible, never heard that anyone had it, logic says that it is not a danger. However, extending dreamtime is possible, but need loads of control, training, an experience.