Thwarting the old hag

Bahhhh. My hag was a vampire. I had a FA, where I woke up in my bed, and I couldn’t move. I suddenly became extremely scared. The vampire stood over me, and laughed. I failed :sad:

In any case though, in my next round of hagging, I will mock it, and eventually checkmate him with knight to b7.

I have only had that while falling asleep, and it is nothing like a lucid dream at all. I have no problems controlling most thigns in LDs, but not with the this. It seems like a hallucination or something. The only thing I’ve found is to just close my eyes and try to slip into sleep.

i haven’t experienced that yet… I don’t think I want to though…

Your experience wasn’t the true “Old Hag” phenomenon because in regular Old Hag you still have SP and can’t move which really adds to the terror of the experience. Next time you have a nightmare instead of mocking or fighting the nightmare try to be friendly and compassionate, it teaches a better method of living and will make you feel very good about yourself.

If you were able to move and talk then it wasn’t a hag dream, it was just a regular nightmare.

In my experience I was in an octagonal room with 4 doorways leading into emptiness, the walls were rotating, before it was an old hag dream I was in the center of the room. When it became one everything darkened, and I had a massive feeling of horror. I fell backwards to the ground and my viewpoint went to my eyes, suddenly a dark shadow figure with bright red eyes walked out of the wall opposite me and approached, I couldn’t move and I was terrified, the most horror I have ever felt in my entire life, and it felt real. At this point I knew I was dreaming but was not able to wake myself up (in most nightmares I instantly realize I am dreaming and wake up) He was standing above me, as he crouched down reachng down towards me he said in the most horrifying voice you can ever immagine: “THERE’S A VICTIM IN THE HOUSE!!” He put his hand over my face and I woke up unable to scream or even talk, move, think or do anything but re-live the horror for what seemed like hours in ten seconds.

Wait till you have a REAL old hag dream.

Yes, Old Hag is scary as all heck the first time you have one, or if you don’t know about them. However, now that I understand Old Hag I do not fear it and it is actually a very good place to enter into a lucid dream.

This stage is equivalent to the hypnagogic imagery WILD and you have reached the point where there is a full-fledged dream scene, all you must do is step in.

Well, I’ve only had one, YEARS ago, and I didn’t even know lucid dreaming existed back then, much less the Old Hag phenominon.

I had my first “Old Hag” experience last night, or more this morning after some rest(WBTB).

I’ve had LD’s before but this was really it was my first time to attempt WILD with WBTB cause I’ve been trying WILD quite awhile with lots of determination but could never really do it. Anyway, it felt like only moments after I began to close my eyes and relax that I was feeling insane vibrations and what not. I quickly realized that it was natural and supposed to happen and that I should just go with it. At one point while the vibrations were just going off I decided I’d just open my eyes.

My room looked just like it does irl except that it was very bright and all the lights were on, and I knew that I didn’t have all these lights on, so then I thought some one else must of been in my room and turned them on… which I believe this thought is directly linked to why I saw two people that I’ve never seen before walk into my room. Their faces blurry and very hazy so I was scared for maybe a couple of seconds or so until I tried to move. When I tried to move and couldn’t, all of it added up and I realized exactly that I was having an Old Hag experience. As soon as I realized this one of the ‘characters’ (the one that was actively moving and being creepy) I imagined disappeared while the other just sorta stood in the corner near a Star Wars poster.

So now I was clearly aware that my WBTB + WILD attempt was working and that I was in SP and having a Old Hag experience. So I decided to just close my eyes and try to roll over, however, this is the interesting part, every time I rolled over my body would quickly snap back to where it was. It got to the point where I was trying to roll all across the floor for several minutes just to get snapped right back to my original position fully stuck in SP and yes that strange character was still standing in the corner the entire time but I was not frightened what so ever at this point because I was fully aware of what was happening.

After my futile attempts to roll, I decided to just close my eyes and ‘imagine’ rolling over instead of trying to physically rolling over. After a couple attempts at this I was able to stand up and I ran to the hall way of my house and counted 7 fingers on my hand and the rest is history. :content:

Regards,
Zak

I’ve had this happen to me before. The old hag. I woke up and sat up in my bed. ( This is in real life not in an LD ) I then looked through the crack in my door from my bed and seen a small short and fat figure. It started moving closer to my door. I was scared. I jumped out of my bed ran to my door opened it then turned on my lights. This was very odd. This is also posted somewere else called Odd Encounter.

Have you ever killed your old hag? is it possible??

In dream, yes. But if it’s a halucination while SP, it’s immposible. I never had a old had experience. Anyways, if she or another demon would go to me in dream, and i’d realize it’s dream… fear would paralize, and cause want to wake up. But if i’d conquer my fear, then it would be 100% to do.

Even if you can’t move your body you chould be able to will it to death, Sadako style.

Last night I had my first “Old hag” experience, and… well… I kind of liked it in the end :content:

I awoke violently from a normal dream (not sure weather it was false awakening or not) and my room looked normal, but the hag was floating in the air right in front of me. It looked human, with dark skin, scary muscles and no facial details.

My initial emotion was fear, but I soon realized that it cant hurt me in any way because it is infact the old hag. I just said to myself that the “entity” above me isn’t evil but good. And after that the thing came closer to me and reached out his hand as if he wanted to take me somewhere.
I then grabbed his hand and I found myself floating briefly and afterwards in another dream.

I don’t know if there’s something wrong with me, but I actually enjoyed that experience knowing that no harm could come to me… :neutral:

Very nice imwhoim01.

Just like I said if you’re aware of what’s happening you can totally use it to your advantage! Congrats on your experience.

Regards,
Zak

That sounds like just a dream to me, because in SP you could never grab someones hand because you cannot move.

It was no dream, LogicGate. I can guarantee you that much…

What makes you so sure that it isn’t a dream? False awakenings can be experienced as very real and almost impossible to tell apart from real awakenings afterwards. The fact that it started from a dream, and continued into another dream, suggests that it was a false awakening between two dreams.

On the other hand, the entity could be a dream guide type DC. :cool: It would be so good to expect a great, lucid dream every time one gets a FA like this!

It could easily be a SP that turned back into a dream. The REM system was still on but imwhoim01 woke up then fell back asleep as the rest of the REM system kicked back in. And he grabbed the creature.

Yo i am new to the board you guys are getting a bit technical for me at the end there, does it matter what is going on as long as its fun ?

Any way the HAGS ? I think this was one of my very first lucid dreams as it was way back in primary school and i can still remember it pretty well even now. i was in detention and my headmisstress was in our hall where we had to sit for 30 mins during break time, yet i was alone with her, she turned in to a madussa type character (snake for hair)and i climbed out of the window to escape, but during the exit i thought it was a pretty lame way of leaving the dream.

So i kind of reset the dream where she started changing into this monster and i shot her with a nail gun, which was much more satisfactory in my opinion. Any way that was quite fun to have as a kid, but the thing was that my headmistress was a really nice lady lol. :wink:

I remember the days when i can fly, enter inside different houses at will in my dreams even see different people i never knew before, sadly i went too far in studying reasons why this has occurred, I even studied psychology books and was never satisfied my curiosity with the answers i get but in personal experience my limited knowledge in the occult enhanced my ability to lucid, In few weeks it starts to gets worse that was my first encounter with the old hag removed my ability to lucid dream and every time i wake up i feel really exhausted that my mind feels tired. First time I saw this i don’t feel paralyzed, threatened or anything but lured towards it.

Thats the time i lost my ability to control my dreams. Even up to now i wanted those abilities back to control my dream. The hag i encountered wasn’t even short and fat but a tall figure with a pale skin,dilated black eyes wearing a (black burqa muslims outfit) or what ursuline nuns wear thats how i describe it.