Chaining - New Technique

As already said, its far easier to do from a fading LD instead of an ND. When an LD fades, youre already awake with your eyes shut.

I attempted this earlier today, however after 9 hours of sleep already, my body wanted to get up and start the day :sad:

I’m going to try my hardest to do this, even though my back screams, “FLIP OVER, I’M HURTING!!!” at me when I wake up in the middle of the night. :sad:

I successfully used this tech last night, it’s friggen awesome and unlike other methods it is a lot more consistant in my opinion, granted that you can remember every time you awake which isn’t really any harder than how some of us remember to do a RC every time we wake up.

However I really doubt the whole “don’t move at all” thing as a requirement. I mean we naturally move our bodies when we wake up during the night all the time and usually don’t even remember it because we drift right back to sleep. I do agree the less movement the better and if you do achieve full consciousness(you shouldn’t at all really if you were just sleeping and do have this tech in mind) it does of course help to stay still, but as long as you stay completely relaxed, you should have no problem with turning over and allowing yourself to slip right back into a dream state.

Regards,
Zak

Sleeping posture.
I have noted that the way sleep and I have learned to operate is this.

I lie down in bed, fall asleep. Wake back up. Fall deeper. Wake back up. little NREM bursts of information and passive hypnagogia, generally speaking. There is never a direct transition into REM though.

After one of these wakings up I get tired of WILDing and start tossing and turning like crazy which:
A-ruins chances for conscious WILD
B-is bad for my posture.

If anyone wants very disciplined but passively easy lucidity, and is a light sleeper like I, this is what I would recommend.

Lie down on your back. Do not roll over at all! You can stretch and flex and such, but don’t roll over! That’s it.

If you find yourself wanting to roll over, that means you are awake what kind of sleep did you just come out of?

If you really feel that rolling over is necessary get up and walk around and pass a little bit of time, because it means you’re wide awake and have gotten lots of NREM sleep in.

then

go back and lie on your back again and fall asleep.

this is how i’m wired for it to work, eventually there being a point where i find myself having an OBE or lucid.

But it requires discipline to get up and be patient instead of rolling over and losing consciousness for the rest of the night.

But to me it’s all about:
chaining. this is what I’ve almost always done to have the best lucidity.
and
chaining is simply a refusal to move after you have woken up!

if you discipline yourself to have one WILD posture such as on the back, and discipline yourself that you would rather get up and get a drink of water and sit for a while than ever sleep in another posture, you should eventually find yourself consciously transitioning into all REM periods, and just consciously dozing in all NREM periods.

consequently it is substantially easier to refuse to move just in the mornings, but if you have been moving all night long the chaining posture may be painful, usually when I’m “REM surfing” and extending lucidity I find that my body is naturally in unhealthy positions from shifting around all night long.

I actually tried waking up without opening my eyes, and it worked!
I woke up, ALMOST opened my eyes, and kept them shut. Unfortunately, my alarm clock was going off so i had to reach for it and click the snooze button -_- Ah oh well.

I think this can work to my advantage, Sometimes when i wake up and want to continue my [ND] I just think of where I left off and sleep again. I think if i envision myself doing a [RC] in the next scene before I sleep, it might work.

What if i do do a [RC], but just think it’s part of the dream? Lol, that would defeat the purpose.

Fantasystar0822 if you wake up from an ND or LD and it “works” for you like how you described, try talking to the last dream character that you were by, even if you don’t know their name just say

hey that girl who was standing by the door, can you come here and help me please? can you pull me back into the dream? keep talking to them.

See it ain’t as hard as you thought… If you can, try doing it without an alarm clock. Just go to sleep an hour earlier than normal and let your body wake up naturally. Good luck! :ok:

Holy Reality,
What is the intent of me asking the dream character to pull me into the dream? I think i’m able to continue it, do you mean pull me into a lucid dream?

And do I keep talking to them when i’m still ‘awake’ and about to continue my dream?

thanks guys ^^

This technique works well but cuts into my RC 's during FA 's. I can’t do both. =0(

Fantasystar0822,

If you are back in the waking world but were just in a dream, if you talk to them while awake using your mind they will often pull you back into the dream world, which is a very simple way of re-entry without having to imagine things, and it will take you back to the dream you were JUST in instead of a new one.

I will often tell the DCs that i’m about to wake up then keep talking to them after i’m awake until they help me back in or i transition back in on my own.

Oh heheh ^^
it’s no prob though, i can continue the exact same dream either way.
i’ll try it though =D

meeehh having to wake up to an alarm clock SUCKS.

you don’t have to wake up to an alarm clock

i rarely use mine!

.>;; Well…
I sorta do need one
for school and all.
If i oversleep, i’m screwd. Haha.

i really only set mine for school if i’m going to bed to where i’ll only be getting less than 8 hours of sleep.

Eeek, I haven’t gotten over 8 hours of sleep on a school day in a long time >.<;

Maybe it’s because i’m a procrastinator?
But either way, If i do get more than 8 hours, i know i will just continue to sleep, it’s a fact >.> hehe.

Well, I try anyway if i wake up in the middle of the night.

I’ve been doing this one for ages… You don’t actually need to think of the dream you were in before, just be aware that you’re drifting off to sleep while images of either the old dream or a new one start to appear in your mind… You’ll often get into the new dream knowing it is a dream, much like when using WILD

Ugh, i’ve been way too stressed lately, because of school i’m not even in the holiday spirit yet. And it’s affecting my dreams @.@ recently I haven’t had time to remember them at all, Or continue them.
:meh:
But i’ll try WILD when I can.
^.^

Woo! I chained my first dreams!

They were both ND’s, but it is still progress! In the original dream, I was in some war, and I was with my squad in a jungle/museum type place, and I woke up as we were fighting a monster, then I stayed where I was, and I fell back asleep and continued my dream! Now I just need to chain into an LD…

:happy: congrats!
As for me, my mind’s been really awake \ excited lately… takes forever to get to sleep, and i sleep clean through the night.
But i’ve also been creating my own dreams, Like I wake up and decide to dream about something that’s been on my mind and just somehow sleep and end up in it. Then i wake up remembering everything.
Now… to put that into my advantage.

this sounds like an awesome technique and i will definitely try this in the morning when i wake up. Do you think if i use auto suggestion before i go to sleep like “i will wake up from a dream and not move at all.” Do you think that would be a good idea?