Counting WILD: (New here.)

Hello! My name is Bryan, I’m 18 years old. I’m deaf, and can not hear anything. I live in Rhode Island, this forum seems so interesting that I had to join! My English isn’t that good so bear with it please. I have couple of questions, I saw this step-by-step on freewebs.com/lucid_dreaming_ … /wild.html

I was wondering, number 3, do I count it out loud or do I count it in my mind? I had a really weird dream where I was able to control it, like I could do what I want to do, but I’m still unsure if that was what lucid dreaming is. I, really, am very interested into trying this. If this question has been asked, I’m sorry! I’ve been trying to search for this answer but seem like I couldn’t find it. Thanks!

Bryan

Hello Bryan! Welcome to LD4All :content:
I always count in my mind - counting out loud only keeps me awake, but I guess either way is fine, as long as you find what workes for you. :smile: The key question to knowing if it was a lucid dream or not, is “Did I know I was dreaming?”. If you knew you were dreaming, then it was a lucid dream. If you could control your dream, though, that’s a great start either if it was a lucid dream or not! :happy: And don’t worry about asking questions, that’s what the forum is for :content:

Thank you for the reply! I’ll count them in my mind, it sounds better!

There’s other way of doing it with your hand.

I was wondering if anyone tried this, this seems pretty easy. Did it work for you guys?

I’ve tried something similar to the method you posted, and it’s never worked for me. I either never believe myself, or I fall asleep and forget about it. I haven’t tried the first one, but it looks like a very good idea; I might try it once finals are over.

The hand method, either didnt work or I just have to master on the method. Last night, I didn’t success. I was disappointed. I’m not going to give up. I remember when I was a little boy, about 8 or 9 i’d say, I used to dream and realizing that I’m dreaming, I remember a method, I’ll type them up later. It was more similar to auto-suggestion. Anyone has a easy method for me? I’m somewhat impatient, i can be patient sometimes, i dont fall sleep easily, i can concentrate little, sometimes i can really concentrate. =/

How to Choose Your Technique

Check the link above :wink:

And how good is your dream recall? You might be having lucid dreams without remembering it!
Do you keep a dream journal? That’s the best (for most people) DR inducer.

Sometimes you might feel like you absolutely won’t write anything at all. When you feel like that, you shouldn’t force yourself to write. If you do that you’ll end up resenting writing in your DJ, and we wouldn’t want that, would we?

It’s better to think about how much you benefit from writing in it. I can assure you 100% that every single word you jot down in that journal will increase your dream recall.

Visualize this: You are standing on the edge of a roof. It’s raining heavily. You look down, and see how far down it is. In front of you is a log leading to another roof, behind you is a crazy murderer. To get away, you have to cross over. It’s far, far down, and you’re terrified.

Do think it would be easy to cross over in a state like that? It wouldn’t be easy to write write in your DJ if you didn’t want to either. But if you get rid of the rain and the other obstacles in your way, you only have a log on the ground on a sunny day.

What I’m trying to say is: don’t force yourself to write if you don’t want to. Make yourself want it. Consider the benefits :wink:

Maybe you don’t have any problems with DR at all :tongue: I don’t know. But if you have, just consider it :wink:

Well, all of the lucid dreams I’ve had have been random. I think you need not to be impatient. What you should do is just keep practicing, that’s what I’m gonna do. Meditate a lot, I guess. I set my alarm last night, but when I got up I just fell back to sleep, so I’ll try the first one when I have another chance.

Thanks for the replies!

What does DR really mean?

I slept more than 10 hours last night and remembered nothing, which why I was very disappointed. I realized, last time I took a sleeping pill each night, those were the nights I could remember what I dreamt. I’m going to try some method(s) with sleeping pill and see if that works. I’m going to start keeping my dream journals! Thanks for the link, Lucid Viking, I think I have the right method to do! :smile:

DR means “Dream Recall” :wink:

You can see what such acronyms means by holding your cursor on the word :smile:

You can post your journal in this forum if you’d like: Dream Journal

I’m looking forward to hearing your progress :content:

Some sleeping pills have been known to reduce DR and chance for lucid dreaming because it muddles your conciousness and makes it harder to realize your dreaming, but go with whatever works for you, Thats the important part! Sometimes you simply dont remember what you dream, but dont let that bother you…Upon waking if you cant remember anything, writing down how you feel or any emotions you might have is still beneficial! Good Luck, and happy lucid dreaming! :smile:

Okay last night, I didn’t LD. Oh well, but I did dreamt something (sleeping pill gives me dreams for some reason) but I forgot what the dream was. Argh :sad:

Actually, you dream every single night. It’s estimated that you have 10-15 dreams in an average night.
That’s why there’s so much talk about “dream recall”. If you train yourself, write properly in your dream journal and use small auto-suggestion techs, you might remember most of them :smile:

Well, I tried this last night, and I felt like I got really really close. Just keep counting to 100, making positive you’re not dreaming, and then count again.

Do I close my eyes and count them in my mind or out loud or open my eyes and count them in my mind or out loud?

It seems easier to close the eyes and count in the mind. Less movement altogether.

I thought the same thing, but if I fall sleep, I’ll stop counting, I don’t know, right now I’m confused ha.