The First Steps to WILD (for all basic WILD related Q&A)

I have a problem. I don’t know when HI started. I always wait and wait and nothing happen. What’s going on ?
How can I go into HI ?
(sorry for my english)

You are probably too awake. If you don’t know what HI should be like, just try to fall asleep normally, and take notice of any images that suddenly appear out of nothing. But do not actually wait for them to appear, as this will keep you awake and waiting forever.
HI can be quite detailed and feel very real. You will know it if you see them.
Try it in the morning, after 5 or 6 hours of sleep. It is much easier then. You have to actually come very close to falling asleep to see HI, so it helps to be tired. :wink:

I have the exact same problem, i think its at the point where i feel like im borderlining dream state my heart beats like crazy… and i feel my chest and stomach going in and out with my breathing then im back where i started. how do we get over this part?

ok firstly sorry for the repost i know this will be the 100th time but i cant find a topic were all the techniques and methods are all pulled into one concise post/'s, without all of everyone elses inbetween posts.

Also i need some advice. i do this as soon as i lay in my bed controling my breathing in and out as you do and count inbetween breaths around 30 i get numbness then around 60 my eyes will shart shutting and i feel a wave of numbness flow over me as i stop automaticly counting and start thinking of the most random things. most of them are visual and last a few seconds then i start counting again…

Whats happening? Whats going wrong?What other techniques are widly known?

I wish I could help you but I have the same problem. Your thought strays and you stop counting without realizing it right? Then randomly start counting again? As far as I can tell from what I’ve read on these forums, its best to just keep relaxed and keep counting.

Ignotus, the main WILD topic, highlighting the first steps taken to achieve WILD, and any other questions you may have, can be found here.

There is another topic about WILD without WBTB, which can be found here.

And finally, the Big WILD topic can be found here.

I hope these help you.

Good luck! :smile:

hmm visual images… its probally HI meaning your close to dreaming

or it might jsut be random thoughts.Try clearing your mind and only thinking about lucid dreaming.Its hard the first few tries but then you’ll find it useful.Meditation helps in clearing your mind

also, don’t forget to read the main site’s guide :smile:
merging this in the First steps to WILD topic :content:

Oh lookie i’m posting after Q. I feel special.

Um, I’ve tried WILD again, and I’ve worked out I just can’t do it. I’m too fidgety. I can’t lie still for more than 5 minutes. I start to itch in the face or arm, and you sure can’t relax when you’re itchy or a fly is attacking you. Also, i just become uncomfortable very quickly, it’s not the bed I’ve just always been like that. Am I stuffed for WILD because of these, or is there a fix?

Well, I’ve been trying WILD, but it hasn’t been working. So the other day I don’t even feel like trying, I go to bed. Next I find myself awake in bed. All of the Sudden I hear thud thud thud and it gets faster and faster, the next thing I know I’m on a roller coaster. Sadly, I woke backup…probably was too excited. I tried saying I’m dreaming, I’m dreaming but it still didn’t work. :bored:

Any ideas how to not get excited, and how I even got into a lucid dream without trying. :tongue:

When wilding, do you leave your eyes open ore closed, i see hyphawhatnot imahes with them open but should i close them when trying to wild?

Making post short: I close them, it would be kinda hard to fall asleep with opened ones.

Note for the holidays : Do not try to Wild after eating alot of turkey it simply will not work, as I found out lastnight much to my own vexation.

hahah
despite your advice Venus ill probably still try tonight

Hello.

I attempted WILD multiple times last night… and failed at all of them.

Just as a thought… I have a problem falling sleep sometimes. I find that starting to daydream – not the same thing as lucid dreaming however – makes me fall asleep in a few instants (or I lose consciousness, one of the two).

First series of attempts… I relax, all is well. I stay aware, all is well. I hear sounds, panic, heart beat rushes, and wake up.
I must have tried that 3 or 4 times.

Second attempt… I put a stuffed animal in my hand. I imagine that, when it leaves my hand, it will remind me to become lucid. I start to daydream, and fall to sleep instantly. Except I didn’t become lucid… I woke up this morning… >.<

Third attempt (this morning)… I relax, stay aware… Takes too long, start to daydream and fall asleep.

Thinking back on attempt 2, it was a nice try, but if I don’t feel my hand, it’s going to be WILDly ineffective.

Where am I going wrong? Thanks…

Stopping daydreaming is hard :yes: . I guess you have just to stay aware and concentrated for longer. Counting, etc, can help you to. Wait until you will get hallucinations and SP. Then you can try visualize things, for example that stuffed animal. Try to move your dream hand to reach it. When you will touch it ( really feel the touch) , you will be dreaming.

But I could be wrong :neutral: . I am not a WILD expert.

mm.

How can I stay aware without staying awake? It’s going to take some practice -.-

All things worth having are worth working for.

What is your method, Duck?

That is the key to WILD. You have to keep your mind awake, while you let your body go to sleep. :smile: If there was an easy way to explain how to do that, then everyone would be WILD’ing.
If it doesn’t work for you with daydreaming, then you need to try something else. Yor first attempts sound like they were closer. Lots of people hear sounds, and have rapid heart beat and become panicked then woke up. You may just have to learn to remain calm when that happens to get WILD to work. They say that the rapid heart beat is just in your head. The begining of the switch to dream input from real life input. Some say it is your astral body trying to leave your real body.
I have never had the rapid heart beat, or SP for that matter. I do get HI, with some sounds, but mostly just relaxing my body while keeping my brain awake with relaxationg and meditation techs. It works for me, except for right now I am having a long dry spell.
You just have to find out what works for you.
don

I’ll try WILD again tonight.

Daydreaming seemed to be a key in VILD, a method I looked at recently… but it keeps me awake ;( …

If I was close, I should try again.

When im drifting off to sleep, i usually go to feel more and more relaxed.

Im getting to almost not feel my limbs at all, but i can move.

When i do this i say “im gonna wake up at 4 o clock” or whatever im autosuggestin.

Then i sometime feel im getting a little closer to sleep, or sometimes not.

However , after some time i feel kinda not sleepy at all. Then it is a question of time, i move 1 arm, and all the relxiness goes away.

Then it happends that i turn over and over for ages before getting to go to sleep

Some questions :

WHat should i do to reach the dream ?

How can i fall asleep faster when i fail ?

Is this affecting my sleep greatly? (damaging)

:help: