Site was down,- 2 weeks of posts lost :(

yes, consider everthing that happened here in the past two weeks DIDN"T HAPPEN…

so everybody who signed up - hasn’t signed up
everybody who send a PM - hasn’t PM-ed
everybody who has posted a message - hasn’t posted

etc.

i have just gotten confirmation that the backups are really lost, they are terribly sorry (as am I)…

also, something weird, there is another site when you type ld4all.com :neutral:

:confused:

this should be over in a couple of hours…

this is indeed a very weird day

ld4all.com works just fine for me.

Indeed, it’s a weird day today… mmm… maybe we had a lucid storm here? :content:

I know I’m weird… hehe. :wink:

hey, that’s great, it works again :cool_laugh:

tell you, it was really weird, i typed forum.ld4all.com and i got some kind of religious site…

anyway, had a long chat with the helpdesk, they can’t say sorry enough, they also feel very bad about this, this has never happened before to them, that all backups are lost too… this was the only backup they had.

So, what we can do is post all our messages again :wink:

Dream our dreams again and then post them :wink:

thanks for your support everyone :smile:

all kind of weird things are happening right now…

forum is messed up…

don’t be alarmed, everything will be fixed!

Bah, must be the hackers. 3 drives lost at once! Might have been a very powerful magnet too!! Say could you download the site yourself? I mean even with all the text, it’s just text and it can’t be too many megabytes!

ld4all.com is the ONLY adress that works for me.

none of the others work and i can’t get to the homepage either.

Note to Pasquale: you might have to readd the www.amazon.co.uk thing again lol.

Concidering all 3 went down it’s likely it was a virus or a hacker, as for doing your own backups this is of course a good idea. if Gzip is enabled the forum shouldn’t take up much. probably 3mg at most.

oh and umm… months free hosting as an appology? :wink:

better yet recover the logs, find the hacker, and have Q sue him for 1 mil damages!! OUR SOULS HAVE BEEN DELETED!! lol!

can i have 10% of that million?

hey, talking about souls being deleted… :bored:
I had to re-join the forum like everyone else who recently joined.
oh well, I didn’t have many posts anyway!

hope everything turns out well…

ozzie12

I go away for a wedding and baam! this is what happens! I’m never leaving my house again, at least till summer comes around again. Much too cold to go outside after July.

Also, if anyone is trying to log into their account and you changed your password less than two weeks ago, you may have to log in with your old password. Sorry if that’s an inconvinience!

AAGGHH!! :angry: :scream: :grrr:

I lost all the posts that I didn’t make about 2 months ago! Man, this sucks. Now half of my posts are gone. :cry: And there were so many interesting topics that were started, too! And I had that question in the big WILD topic that I went to check up on, and it was gone…and all those posts in the pictures topic…and that other topic…jeez, I’m not taking this very well. :content:

If the backups really are gone…well, I guess the only thing is just to keep going. We’ll just have to start those topics over again…still sucks, though.

Data losses always do this to me. :sad:

:eek: Oh No!!

I just thought of something.

Moogle!!!..the longest post on the forum has disappeared!!
:cry:
This is a disaster.
We were coming along nicely too…arghh!..what do we do now?

Fey~ :peek:

Just thought of something else…

Does this mean I am, today, two weeks younger than I was yesterday?
If this is true…at least one good thing has come of this. :sad:

HOLY CRAP! I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT! NOOOOOOo! I hope moogle don’t read this :cry:

Say if someone didn’t clean their temporary internet files we could restore some of the lost stuff…

i had a long talk with support yesterday.

they said this was the first thing something like that happened to them - all RAID things had failed at once. I don’t know what RAID is but it sounds serious :grin:

it was the first time for them to have the backup lost as well, normally if something goes down they always have a backup from the day before.

Yes, i suspect it was hackers too… :neutral:

btw, they have offered me one month of free hosting as compensation.

Yesterday they where busy installing all kinds of new stuff for protection and updated firewalls and what not, so that’s why everything was so slow and acted weird.

it looks like today everything is OK again…

oh darn, moogles post has disappeared :cry: It was one of my favourite posts :cry:

wow that :cry: :cry: smilie really comes in handy now.

I have never tried to to a backup with GZIP, maybe indeed this will compress it more… FYI - the last backup (no GZIP) was 168 MB.

Yeah that sucks all that info was lost.
So many questions unanswered and probably now forgotten. oh well I guess everything happens for a reason.

I’m just glad the site is back up and running. :grin:

:wiske: No matter what happens something good comes out of it. When I couldn’t get to the site I looked at Sealife and the OLD forum where the ip numbers where shown…and I recnogized quite a few names. It was interesting to see the “birth” of the site. :peek:

Hey alteast it was only 2 weeks of data lost. What if it was a couple of months to a years worth. That would really be crappy.