[software] Infinity - PDF Available

I have an announcement to make. The program is going along smoothly, and I’m going to be putting up registration for testers tomorrow, December 24 2006. It will be a site where you basically put your username and email and then you will hit submit so that you will be put into a list. I will leave the registration site up until Wednesday, January 3 2007. On that day, I will choose at random 5 people, and those will be the ones who test. Testing will begin, if you are a tester of course, on Monday, January 8 2007, and will end on Tuesday, January 23 2007.

Reason why I’m doing this whole registration stuff is because I want other people to test, rather than the same people I know. I need constructive critism and such, not just “Oh that’s good.” :tongue: Plus, I’m trying not to overcrowd the thread and my email box with offers to test (which I do appreciate btw :smile: ). Just trying to be more organized than I have been, so that this software can be better than LucidWarp.

So anyways, that’s that. The site goes up tomorrow, just thought I’d give somewhat of a heads up (just in case you are going out of town and still want to test).

As said, the tester registration site is now online. Once you get there, simply read and fill out the form, hit submit, and you’re finished!

You will be notified if you are a tester on Wednesday, January 3 2007.

EDIT: Link taken out, registration has ended.

Ok, I’ll register. :smile: I hope it doesn’t interfere with my everyday (student-) life?

A shame though, my holidays are over the moment the test begins… :roll:

I just send my registration for tester. I’m curious for results, and if I will learn LDing at will, thing I’d really like to do… :grin: if i will be chosen of course :peek:

Edit: I wanted to ask, you mentioned main site in form, could you put link to main Infinity page ? I cannot find it.

signed

Just a reminder, registration ends 26 hours from now :smile:

BTW to all concerned, this method, if that’s what you want to call it, really doesn’t take much time out of your day. Most of your activities are done at night, and will only add 30-45 minutes max to your regular nightlife (but you could do as little as 15 minutes).

Anyways, talk to you all wednesday!

I’m an hour soon…but oh well. Registration has now ended. I will send an email to all that applied tomorrow afternoon (It’s now around 10:30 pm on Tuesday for me) telling you whether or not you are testing.

Thanks to all that signed up! I’m pretty excited to see what these tests will bring.

Ok, testers have been chosen. If you were one, you should have recieved an email (if not, then contact me personally). The testers are: above-clouds, Duck, eddy, indianinks, and Volvonerd. In the email, you should see a .txt file with instructions. Read them and see what you need to do as soon as possible, so you can be ready to go on Monday.

For everybody else that registered, thankyou, and sorry you were not chosen. But look at it this way, you get to see the better version, and not the buggy one. :smile:

That’s all for today.

D’oh! I catch this topic after the registration ends. I should have watched for it more…

Sorry The Mad Hatter :sad: . Look at it this way though, you get to see the better version, rather than the buggy one. :content:

Anyways, I sent the Infinity BETA email to all testers yesterday (Sunday), and apparently it didn’t get out to all because of my computer being, well, dumb. So I sent another email today to everybody again, so if you haven’t already, check your inbox. I apologize if this messes some of you up, because timezones may put you at Tuesday right now, which means you will be a day behind in testing; but that’s ok.

So yeah that’s that. The testing process for Infinity has officially begun :smile: . I too will be testing it along with the other 5 testers, even though I’ve already used it. Just wanting to do it for fun and to see what results I would get again :cool: .

For anybody not testing, the expected release date of the Infinity final build is Friday, January 26 2007, which is closer than you think :wink: .

If you don’t mind me being overly curious,

But what techniques will this be using? Visual, auditory or completely user triggered?
I understand if you don’t want to answer that, but please tell me what kind of LD this is supposed to induce, I’m a natural master of RC’s, but I really want to try out another method because it seems to me that if you enter the dream world conciouss you’d have more control, instead of already being in a story with set rules.

/me finds Infinity in his postbox, and runs it ^^

The techniques are subject to change. But basically, I’m just using numerous common LD inducing techniques all into one. It’s sort of a conditioner course to get you an LD.

BTW to Duck and all the other testers, I kind of forgot to include the extras (.mp3s / bwgen) in that initial email, so I just sent out another email that links you to where you can download the .zip. I’m just a little off today…lol.

i want this!

ramoneprakash@gmail.com

Huggkruka plots to hack Duck’s email service in jelaousy

It’s been a while since I’ve posted in here!

Little update… The last testing night, being tonight, is almost officially over, which means Infinity is either about to be released, or is about to be made better, depending on the results that are shown.

Each tester has been emailed with a small questionaire that they are to fill out and submit in addition to providing comments / feedback about the software. Hopefully all will complete this final task by Wednesday. And if they do, I’ll further update everybody on the judgement of Infinity.

Now, here’s a few things that could happen. Best case scenario, the program was very effective and is in perfect shape to be released by the original release date, January 26 2007. Worst case scenario, I have to remodel some things and change / add / remove some information, which will ultimately force me to have to hold another testing period (with an additional 5 testers) that lasts another 2 weeks or so, pushing the release date well into the end of February 2007. Hopefully that won’t be the situation though :content: .

• Ben

Dibs on a test spot!

Haha, in all seriousness though, I hope it doesn’t need another round of fixes.

Mailed you! I wonder how the rest did. :content:

Thanks eddy :smile:

Ok, so far I’ve recieved submissions from 3 of the 5 testers, one of which is still in the process of testing, which is completely fine. Due to this and other situations however, I have pushed the absolute soonest release date to next week, Friday, February 2 2007. Sorry for the delay, but it’s worth it :smile:

As for the test results, I will be posting a write-up this Friday, January 26 2007. It will include some statistics and will ultimately tell you all when the software will most likely be released.

Also, I’ve changed the first post a bit to more what Infinity is all about, so feel free to check that out. I will be adding more information there as well.

The deadline has passed.