The BIG sleep paralysis and old hag topic Part III

I had an SP last year, before Winter Break.

I was working late at night, rushing to finish a paper that was due the next day ( I know, I know- spare me the ‘procrastination is bad’ talk).

I got out of my computer chair (where I was typing my paper) and lay on the floor to nap for a bit, and I even told myself, “You’re only going to sleep for an hour,” as I still had to finish my paper.

The next thing I know, I’m lying supine on the floor and I can’t move at all. Everytime I do make an effort to move, I hear this loud ringing sound that’s very similiar to tinnitus. I remembered that I had a project to finish, and willed myself to move.

Of course, I had little success. However, I kept telling my toes to move, and I eventually got my big toe to twitch and I woke up, as the ringing sound kind of changed into the sound of my heater humming.

I wish I’d known about SP what I do now.

(By the way, I had slept on my back and the room light was on: two factors that increase the chances of an SP.)

I am thinking about trying WILD but the idea of hearing and seeing a bunch of stuff is really creepy. Also the idea of the old hag scares the hell out of me. Does it happen offten? it it actually really horrible or is there a way to just know its not real and continue into your lucid dream?

You will know it’s not real when it happens but I’m still too scared to do it like you. Even though I always know that what isn’t real can’t harm you and shouldn’t scare you. The whole paralysis thing don’t seem too nice either. It’s not just seeing and hearing stuff, people say they feel like there being pulled pr like they’re on a rollercoaster n stuff sometimes. Sounds really cool but I’m scared of it lol.

The old hag almost never happens. Just relax, calm down, push it out of your mind. The more you think about it the more likely it will happen. As for sleep paralysis it is not too bad. You just can’t move. You may also feel vibrations, a falling feeling and might have a little trouble breathing. As long as you relax it just feels funny. Its only really bad if you panic. You just can’t move. stay calm and soon you will be in the dream world. Also don’t mistake a very relaxed state for sleep paralysis. You can still move in a relaxed state. it is just hard.

Edit: I almost forgot. The noise isn’t really much more than a buzz. It is really sharp and like a faint ringing. At least thats the way it is for me.

It rarely happens. And I’m quite sure most of those “killer scary hag”-stories comes from people who experienced it without knowing what was happening. I’ve experienced waking up in SP, couldn’t move at all, but I knew what it was and it wasn’t scary at all. Also, the HH and the sounds isn’t that scary either. Sometimes it may be, but just don’t care about it.

Yeah, thx. I actually woke up with SP a few nights ago- it was pretty cool, but when you are trying to get up its like your numb and half retarded lol.

Actually I want to experience sleep paralysis since I’ve read about it…

LOL I love SP - that is with out the hag. don’t worry though- before you attempt wild, just tell yourself that you’re safe in your bed. This also helps because in an dream your SubC will wonder why you aren’t safe in your bed and if you make RC’s a habbit then you can become lucid eisier.

I had two SP experiences last night, both of which led into LD’s! I woke up around two or three in the morning and I rolled over put my head into the pillow and just relaxed, trying to go back to sleep. For some reasons, I stayed awake as I drifted away, and my body froze. I couldn’t move but I had the sensation of my body curling up into a ball. I tried rubbing my hands together to try and stimulate movement in my dream but to no avail. I tried another approach and tried to sink through my bed. There was a weird senation being washed away and there I was, stood in a bathroom with my Spirit Guide. It only lasted about twenty seconds but it was a good experience. I drifted out of sleep again and immediately relaxed back into the SP. I felt a hand on my face for a few seconds then I rose out the ground into a forest where a battle was going on. Unfortunately I can’t recall much of that dream but I think it was a game of capture the flag.

I’m pretty sure that it was a dream but I was in my bed and i shifted a little and suddenly i felt that i was in SP. I tryed hard to move but to no avail. I then was like awesom my first SP but then my vision turned blue and I heared some crazy clown ( never been scared of them ) voice and it said we should poison Chris and I thought I saw a Grim Reaper standing in my room.

I wanted to know if you actually can die do to the feeling of not being able to breath? Can you die from the old hag? Also, when you’re in sleep paralysis are you really not breathing, or does it just feel that way and you’re actually breathing normally?

Everytime we sleep our body undergoes sleep paralysis without our realising it. So it is completely normal, natural and not dangerous. You do breathe during it but your body takes over this function so it feels odd.

What’s the old hag?

there is a good description on the lucid crossroads site lucidcrossroads.co.uk/guide.htm

we also have a big topic for SP and old hag in this stuff dreams are made of forum (this topic will probably be moved into the big topic at some point).

Can you make the old hag go away instead of them being there a whole 8-10 min as soon as they appear…?

Just close your eyes and you should go back to sleep or wake up

I haven’t had SP in a long time(4 years), but I thought you wouldn’t be able to move, none the less be able to close your eyes…

Well I was talking about the old hag

Oh, okay I get it. :3

:smile: I’ve never had SP, I mean, we do when we sleep but I haven’t been “awake” to feel it once, never the old hag either.