EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 132
2020 Vision

The BIG sleep paralysis and old hag topic Part III

Author  Message 
vs

PostPosted: Fri 19 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

It rarely happens. And I'm quite sure most of those "killer scary hag"-stories comes from people who experienced it without knowing what was happening. I've experienced waking up in SP, couldn't move at all, but I knew what it was and it wasn't scary at all. Also, the HH and the sounds isn't that scary either. Sometimes it may be, but just don't care about it.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
Lucid Initiate

sleep paralysis

Pea-brain wrote:
The old hag almost never happens. Just relax, calm down, push it out of your mind. The more you think about it the more likely it will happen. As for sleep paralysis it is not too bad. You just can't move. You may also feel vibrations, a falling feeling and might have a little trouble breathing. As long as you relax it just feels funny. Its only really bad if you panic. You just can't move. stay calm and soon you will be in the dream world. Also don't mistake a very relaxed state for sleep paralysis. You can still move in a relaxed state. it is just hard.

Edit: I almost forgot. The noise isn't really much more than a buzz. It is really sharp and like a faint ringing. At least thats the way it is for me.

Yeah, thx. I actually woke up with SP a few nights ago- it was pretty cool, but when you are trying to get up its like your numb and half retarded lol.

vv.Aviran
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Actually I want to experience sleep paralysis since I've read about it...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sat 20 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

LOL I love SP - that is with out the hag. don't worry though- before you attempt wild, just tell yourself that you're safe in your bed. This also helps because in an dream your SubC will wonder why you aren't safe in your bed and if you make RC's a habbit then you can become lucid eisier.

Ragen
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 21 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

I had two SP experiences last night, both of which led into LD's! I woke up around two or three in the morning and I rolled over put my head into the pillow and just relaxed, trying to go back to sleep. For some reasons, I stayed awake as I drifted away, and my body froze. I couldn't move but I had the sensation of my body curling up into a ball. I tried rubbing my hands together to try and stimulate movement in my dream but to no avail. I tried another approach and tried to sink through my bed. There was a weird senation being washed away and there I was, stood in a bathroom with my Spirit Guide. It only lasted about twenty seconds but it was a good experience. I drifted out of sleep again and immediately relaxed back into the SP. I felt a hand on my face for a few seconds then I rose out the ground into a forest where a battle was going on. Unfortunately I can't recall much of that dream but I think it was a game of capture the flag.

NeOMG
I dodge bullets.
Astral Explorer
LD count: 17

PostPosted: Sat 27 Jan, 2007  Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that it was a dream but I was in my bed and i shifted a little and suddenly i felt that i was in SP. I tryed hard to move but to no avail. I then was like awesom my first SP but then my vision turned blue and I heared some crazy clown ( never been scared of them ) voice and it said we should poison Chris and I thought I saw a Grim Reaper standing in my room.

Miyuu
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Can you die from Sleep Paralysis?
PostPosted: Fri 30 Mar, 2007  Reply with quote

I wanted to know if you actually can die do to the feeling of not being able to breath? Can you die from the old hag? Also, when you're in sleep paralysis are you really not breathing, or does it just feel that way and you're actually breathing normally?

moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

Everytime we sleep our body undergoes sleep paralysis without our realising it. So it is completely normal, natural and not dangerous. You do breathe during it but your body takes over this function so it feels odd.

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
RainStorm
novice dreamer
Somniologist
LD count: 6/7+1

ahem...

What's the old hag?

moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

there is a good description on the lucid crossroads site http://www.lucidcrossroads.co.uk/guide.htm

we also have a big topic for SP and old hag in this stuff dreams are made of forum (this topic will probably be moved into the big topic at some point).

pantalimon on the lucid crossroads site wrote:

Old Hag - Throughout human history across all cultures there are reports of attackers that come at night, to crush or suck the life out of the paralyzed victim. Vampires, demons, witches, devils all are different names for the old hag, many cultures report waking in the night, being unable to move and then sensing an evil presence in the room or footsteps outside the door. The figure will walk to the terrified person and usually straddle their chest crushing the breath and life out of them or biting or sucking the life out of them. The experience is normally short lived but can last upto 8-10 minutes, it has been blamed for many other reports such as alien abduction and experimentation.

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
Miyuu
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Can you make the old hag go away instead of them being there a whole 8-10 min as soon as they appear...?

Smiffy008
Call me Smiffy
Somniologist

Just close your eyes and you should go back to sleep or wake up

Miyuu
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

I haven't had SP in a long time(4 years), but I thought you wouldn't be able to move, none the less be able to close your eyes...

Smiffy008
Call me Smiffy
Somniologist

Well I was talking about the old hag

Miyuu
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Oh, okay I get it. :3

print